Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I wouldn't think so. PF isn't magic and what was done using it is as real as if it were done without it.
    Correct. The Phoenix can do a lot of things, but it can't flat out alter reality. Which makes the Wanda connection more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    The secret weapon is the portal device. The Avengers did not use it earlier because they stayed to help defend Wakanda against Namor
    It makes sense for Cap and Co. to stay and try to help defend Wakanda, but if the secret weapon was the portal device, why would Stark tell him to "use it now?" When he was going through the portal that was currently available? Why not just go through that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Besides the prep difference and ethical difference between the two, there's also a serious resources difference between Sinister in that battle, and current T'Challa.

T'Challa has never had a mutant clone army, among a whole lot of other things.
    Nor would he use his army and citizens as suicide bombers etc.

I'm Not Daredevil. Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

When Charles says to Cyclops that he will stop him and "I don't want to do what you are going to make me do"......what does he have in mind...a complete mindwipe or shutdown of some kind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Murdock's Swagger View Post
    When Charles says to Cyclops that he will stop him and "I don't want to do what you are going to make me do"......what does he have in mind...a complete mindwipe or shutdown of some kind ?
    Probably a shutdown, or an attempt to strip the Phoenix from him by force.

NewultimatesecretAvenger

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    I thought Cap said "Come on!" when he saw the P4 go though the Siege Courageous. As in, "Come on! Really?!"
    I thought he was being stupid cocky Cap and saying "Bring It On"

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Black View Post
    I thought he was being stupid cocky Cap and saying "Bring It On"
    And I think it was just "Come on, run through the big swirly thing."

Speaking of... Who is actually in K'un-Lun as of the end of AvX #8? Can someone give me a list? I'm losing track of where all the characters are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    What are the nations going to hang the P4 with? They already took away their weapons.
    Even if the US was somehow convinced to cooperate (which seems unlikely, an ultimatum to disarm would probably result in a full-scale war, much less actual attempts to take the weapons), bet you anything that neither Asgardia nor Latveria disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstorm View Post
    The only thing preventing the nations from retaliating is the PF. Besides, weapons can always be replaced. Which is why the aftermath of AvX is going to be pretty ugly for mutants.
    Well, and those who've disarmed not having anything to retaliate with. And while weapons can be replaced, anything beyond small arms would take years or at least months to manufacture. You don't replace tanks and planes and missiles in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Just a little point of detail here. Once Pheonix Namor loses his PF, does all the things he did as the P5 get undone? That is, do all the ocean filters cease to exist?
    Only if they're maintained actively by his power, which it didn't look like. If you build a shed by hand, and then I cut off your hands, does the shed cease to exist?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Even if the US was somehow convinced to cooperate (which seems unlikely, an ultimatum to disarm would probably result in a full-scale war, much less actual attempts to take the weapons), bet you anything that neither Asgardia nor Latveria disarmed.
    They weren't convinced to do anything. They had it done to them. In AvX #6, you've got that guy whining to the President about their 300 million black ops facility converted by Karma into a school -- amongst a stack of other things. I don't think any of the P5 asked anyone's permission when they destroyed those warships, missiles, and tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    They weren't convinced to do anything. They had it done to them. In AvX #6, you've got that guy whining to the President about their 300 million black ops facility converted by Karma into a school -- amongst a stack of other things. I don't think any of the P5 asked anyone's permission when they destroyed those warships, missiles, and tanks.
    While the governments can complain about their lost weapons as well as the money that spent in making them, they're basically powerless to stop the P5 from doing what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Nor would he use his army and citizens as suicide bombers etc.
    The MU Government has but T'challa would not
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

This was not that good of an issue but, the best part was seeing Namor getting his ass kicked.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

I "loved" it when Cap called for all the Avengers to assemble in Wakanda, you know, only the ones that are in the current Avengers team books. Too bad Bendis and company don't have the stones to go out of their marketing comfort zone and use Avengers that could really be helpful in this - Monica, Moondragon, Quasar, Sersi, Jack of Hearts (he's back, right?), Darkhawk, or any of the unused Avengers for that matter. Firestar should be there, as an Avenger, mutant and thorn in Emma's side. When they throw the term "all Avengers" around, I expect to see more than just current teams.
    Last edited by Beamish; 07-19-2012 at 12:38 PM.