Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    and how could Quicksilver Run faster than someone possessed by a cosmic entinty can see???
    Because he's effin awesome! I did dislike that he decided to side with a huge symbol of mutant racism but i feel he made up with the "avoid excessive displays of emotion" comment.
    Last edited by Skute; 07-18-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Hollow should have jumped in and defeated Emma!

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    Because he's effin awesome! I did dislike that he decided to side with a huge symbol of mutant racism but i feel he made up with the "avoid excessive displays a emotion" comment.
    just write it off as she was distracted with all the other goings on and he did an end around.

Another great issue. Emotional and well-done. I get tired of saying this but again, the tie-in to the event is better than the event itself.

I liked the way Gage handled Phoenix Emma although I thought it was contrived that Quicksilver could have put one over on him. And the students were defending a killer robot, which isn't exactly easy to get behind. But I thought the Quicksilver/Finessa stuff was outstanding. I like how it ended, which sets things up nicely for Final Exam.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Hollow should have jumped in and defeated Emma!
    Lol, yeah! But even if Hollow did smash Emma's diamond form (which would be easy for her), Phoenix Emma can reconstitute herself/troll people by pelting them with her diamond bits (that came out wrong).

Agreed, things are set up for Final Exam. Storylines like that come out the best when they're set in the "darkest times" and the Academy getting closed definitely qualifies.

Starleaf: No Hollow this issue.

The comparisons to Karima actually kinda amuse me, because Karima recently had to be put down when her programming reasserted itself and caused her to attack Hope. So, um, maybe not the comparison those of us on the Sentinel's side want to make?

Why were so many people on the previous page calling Juston 'Josh'?

Anyway, great issue, as always. Very touching, and I'm glad the Sentinel is both still alive and evidently partly sentient.

If building a new body for the sentinel was always an option, why didn't they just do it in the first place? At the very least, couldn't they have taken out its weapons?

Also, the way that the sentinel proved its sentience was pretty dumb. It wasn't really abandoning Juston, Juston was right there. It would have made much more sense of the sentinel had led Emma away from the Academy and then self destructed.

BANNED

Awwww, I miss Karima.

So unfair what happened to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    Starleaf: No Hollow this issue.
    Aww man! (Totally expected, but still disappointing.) Lol, okay, thanks. ;D

The comparisons to Karima actually kinda amuse me, because Karima recently had to be put down when her programming reasserted itself and caused her to attack Hope. So, um, maybe not the comparison those of us on the Sentinel's side want to make?

GEE, MAYBE NOT. But now it's one I want to make. ;P

Why were so many people on the previous page calling Juston 'Josh'?
    No idea, lol, I was wondering that too, but didn't care enough to bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Most of the Sentinels during the operation zero tolerance were human too at first...and it didn't stop them from killing mutants
    But not by choice.

BANNED

so, can someone explain why they did not take the time to put the sentinel a.i. into something non-offensive to mutants when they had the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That's how you write heroes as antagonists without anyone comming off as the "villain" of the story. Everybody has a solid, if different, point of view, and you are able to identify with both sides of the issue. Gage continues writing the best part of this whole ludricous "event". Kudos.

Peace
    I have to agree with you on that.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    While I am inclined to blame the Phoenix, I do find it odd that Emma is so unreasonable regarding the Sentinel, in a way I kinda see her visiting the same unreasonable fear and hatred that's always followed mutants around on it. It's like:
    "I fear and hate this thing who has colleagues who's hurt my kind, it hasn't personally done such a thing, but that still gives me the right to destroy it."

But I did like the ending, both the actual one and how X-23 told Emma off.
    I is a machine built to j kill and still contained that directive. Destroying a dangerous machine is no great sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    It has developed sentience, it now has a choice. It could go and kill all mutants, but it could not. In the same way that Laura could, or Emma could.
    Or as Emma said it has faulty programming, the issue is still in doubt.

Chimps are sentient too but you wouldn't let them walk around with rocket launchers, no matter how fun that sounds.