View Poll Results: Is wonder Woman bi

Voters
166. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, she bi

67 40.36%
  • No, she not bi

49 29.52%
  • It doesn't matter

75 45.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    If diana is Bi how would you guys want it to be explained?
    I don't think I would want it to be explained. I enjoy her sexuality being ambiguous and free to individual interpretation. It seems more normal to me in a sense because sexuality has always been a very personal and private subject to me. Also, I hate having to place labels all over Wonder Woman. I don't really like labels. They are too divisive.

Good point. Goo Point many people disagree she bi because she dated men before but DC dnever fully state anything. wonder Woman is that character because of that can go either way

This pole depresses me
    The only thing that comes to my mind is that making Diana bi outside of comics would not sell well in the toy, games, etc. department and I do not believe it would be wise to make her bi in a movie.
    Making Diana come out as bi might up her sales in the “comic world” for awhile then once people got use to it the sales would drop and then it’s time to find another gimmick to sell Wonder Woman comics.
    I mean it is all about making money and Wonder Woman as an icon outside of comics is much more valuable as a straight person than a bi one.
    It’s too bad we could not print two versions of Wonder Woman at the same time.
    Where in one dimension she stays straight and becomes a Christian
    And in another dimension she is bi.
    It would be interesting to see which comic would sell more.
    I mean it is all about profit.

JJ

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jestersjoker View Post
    This pole depresses me
    The only thing that comes to my mind is that making Diana bi outside of comics would not sell well in the toy, games, etc. department and I do not believe it would be wise to make her bi in a movie.
    Making Diana come out as bi might up her sales in the “comic world” for awhile then once people got use to it the sales would drop and then it’s time to find another gimmick to sell Wonder Woman comics.
    I mean it is all about making money and Wonder Woman as an icon outside of comics is much more valuable as a straight person than a bi one.
    It’s too bad we could not print two versions of Wonder Woman at the same time.
    I mean it is all about profit.

JJ
    Because the marketing always put the sexuality of the toy on the package?
    And she has no video game anyway.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Not true poison ivy is bi. There are many bi and lesbians people in comics that many people don't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by jestersjoker View Post
    This pole depresses me
    This pole? Her's your slip, mr. Freud

What movie? It's not as if being straight is doing her eny favours there.
    Its not a gimmick... Well, not any more so than wearing a superhero costume.

The one set in the main universe, regardles of whether that was the bi or straight one.
    Or the one done by Morrison and Quietly, I guess.

Alternate universes and different character interpretations have been done, and are being done in comics, you know.
    Last edited by carabas; 08-07-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I agree. There is this theory that every discussion will end up mentioning hitler sooner or later. I cant remember the name of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Cant remember the name, but it's considered the official 'end of discussion' mark where the thread will degenerate into babble.
    Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler and the Nazis.

There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress

You're both welcome
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Not true poison ivy is bi. There are many bi and lesbians people in comics that many people don't realize it.
    Oh come on we are talking about fictional characters.
    And fictional characters are as gay, bi or straight as the writer or creator wants them to be.
    “They are not real”

Comics only portray the moral values of those who are in control first for profit second for entertainment.
    Last edited by jestersjoker; 08-07-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Are there any characters that you think are straight? I get the impression that you think all fictional characters are either gay or bi. Besides, if WW is gay or bi, I think we'll know by the end of the year. Remember Ellen's sitcom? It was a funny and entertaining show until after the 'coming out' episode, then every episode became about her being gay. The show got monotonous and boring, ratings declined and it got cancelled.
    Last edited by Lotech; 08-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Are there any characters that you think are straight? I get the impression that you think all fictional characters are either gay or bi.
    Most characters in comics have been straight, because only relatively recently has it been considered socially acceptable to portray prominent characters as bisexual or Lesbian. I think it's pretty clear that Wonder Woman hasn't yet been portrayed as unambiguously Lesbian or bisexual, regardless of what subtext and implications been included in various runs. To me, the more interesting questions are not what her sexuality "is" but whether it would now be socially and commercially acceptable for her to be something other than straight, and whether that would be helpful in some small way to the social acceptance and self-worth of LGBTQ people. I think that since Wonder Woman has always been about the inherent worth of all women, there's something appealing about the idea of having run that emphasizes that this includes LGBTQ women.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Most characters in comics have been straight, because only relatively recently has it been considered socially acceptable to portray prominent characters as bisexual or Lesbian. I think it's pretty clear that Wonder Woman hasn't yet been portrayed as unambiguously Lesbian or bisexual, regardless of what subtext and implications been included in various runs. To me, the more interesting questions are not what her sexuality "is" but whether it would now be socially and commercially acceptable for her to be something other than straight, and whether that would be helpful in some small way to the social acceptance and self-worth of LGBTQ people. I think that since Wonder Woman has always been about the inherent worth of all women, there's something appealing about the idea of having run that emphasizes that this includes LGBTQ women.

As someone in the LGBT "community" (hate using that word) it has never really mattered to me WHAT she is. I've also never considered it important to state what she is, or change what she (or any other character) is. I've actively also disliked having any form of sexuality-preference shoved down my throat in any way (straight, gay, bi, etc...)

I think the age of today's target-demographics has pretty much self-identified themselves and accepted whatever sexuality they are be it gay, straight, bi, or what have you. This would've been a little more ground-breaking back in the 1970's and even early 80's but today in 2012-13 making an issue of a character's sexuality is probably pointless in my opinion.

To me, the real question would be.. how does the story benefit from it? Does it at all? Is there a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    As someone in the LGBT "community" (hate using that word) it has never really mattered to me WHAT she is. I've also never considered it important to state what she is, or change what she (or any other character) is. I've actively also disliked having any form of sexuality-preference shoved down my throat in any way (straight, gay, bi, etc...)

I think the age of today's target-demographics has pretty much self-identified themselves and accepted whatever sexuality they are be it gay, straight, bi, or what have you. This would've been a little more ground-breaking back in the 1970's and even early 80's but today in 2012-13 making an issue of a character's sexuality is probably pointless in my opinion.

To me, the real question would be.. how does the story benefit from it? Does it at all? Is there a point?
    Here is an idea I want to bounce off of you. What would be more beneficial to the gay/bis; having WW be gay/bi or having her as a straight character that is accepting of gay/bi people? I guarantee you if WW is made gay or bi then the large majority of public will turn against this character (just not in front of a camera), just look at the whole Chick-fill-a thing right now. Imagine that, only much much larger if it were Wonder Woman. When gays are actually accepted by the majority of society the response to a famous person 'coming out' will not be 'hooray', instead it will be 'so what'.

First Diana as never be state as a straight character second the people didn't slash at the amazons for being lesbians. Second most people didn't really kind about Alan Scott being turn gay. The majority of the public now support lgbt right maybe not marriage. Your complete wrong. The majority of the public wasn't boycott archive comics for having a gay marriage or marvel for the same thing. It was the very conservative. Not the major. Not will care. Chick fil is only in the south because some southern support he tradition marriage. I don't know what your talking about . Neil patrick as come out and no
    One kind. Why would people turn their backs on wonder woman? Diana as never be state as heterosexual. Tell me where . She never states the only thing that state is she dated
    men but many subcontexts are show. Look at the book interview. That hint it

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

First Diana as never be state as a straight character second the people didn't slash at the amazons for being lesbians. Second most people didn't really kind about Alan Scott being turn gay. The majority of the public now support lgbt right maybe not marriage. Your complete wrong. The majority of the public wasn't boycott archive comics for having a gay marriage or marvel for the same thing. It was the very conservative. Not the major. Not will care. Chick fil is only in the south because some southern support he tradition marriage. I don't know what your talking about . Neil patrick as come out and no
    One kind. Why would people turn their backs on wonder woman? Diana as never be state as heterosexual. Tell me where . She never states the only thing that state is she dated
    Again, throughout 70+ years, Diana has never been shown as dating/sleeping with anyone but men. To say after all this time, 'well, she could still sleep with women' or 'well, she's never been shown to *not* sleep with women* just doesn't hold up. It's like saying that a woman who has gone a lifetime and only slept with men, been married for 25 years, but tomorrow she might change her mind so she's not straight.

It just doesn't make sense, especially considering for the first 40+ years of her original origin she *left* and island of women because she was in love with a man...

This is not to say that they can't change it in the nu52. I'd much rather they not change her previously established sexuality for a number of reasons (not one of which is 'I don't like homosexuals,' btw. I'm the token straight in the family ;) )

But I think it was pretty well established, both by what was written/shown and what was decided by DC, that she was not, pre-nuDCu, lesbian or bi-sexual.

Your dreaming

Until the writers, editors and artist at DC depict Diana having sex with another woman not hinting or suggesting it in the same way they have plainly written and shown drawings of Hippolyta having sex with Zeus as well as his son Hercules she is still totally straight.

JJ
    Last edited by jestersjoker; 08-07-2012 at 08:50 PM.