Page 2 of 334 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 5003
  1. #16
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,974

    Default

    Someone has created a visual aid to help understand why TNA Rewind was cancelled after one episode.

  2. #17
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Someone has created a visual aid to help understand why TNA Rewind was cancelled after one episode.
    This actually made me LOL
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  3. #18
    Veteran Member KiFF86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    "Spike TV confirmed today that TNA Rewind has been canceled.

    The first episode, the first hour of what was supposed to be a weekly three-hour block of TNA progamming on Thursdays, aired this past week and drew an 0.2 rating, about one-third of what Spike had been doing in the 7 p.m. Thursday time slot.

    Impact will continue to air 8-10 p.m. every Thursday night."
    After 1 week...so, the thing is, for all the improvements TNA has made, which coincided with their rating going down due to a time switch, they thought people would watch a 1 hour recap of the previous weeks show.
    ...
    So, product improved, business side still dumb as fuck all.
    Old Dog, New Tricks, yada yada yada
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

    I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

  4. #19
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,713

    Default

    Didn't even know it started already( wasn't going to watch it anyway )

  5. #20
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Every ppv, not any, that was a typo on my part
    but that wasn't even you that i quoted, are you posting on legatos account now or something??
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  6. #21
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,013

    Default

    Chavo Guerrero has signed with TNA and will debut next week apparently.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  7. #22
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Chavo Guerrero has signed with TNA and will debut next week apparently.
    .
    Surely a 42 year old who was a midcarder for his entire career will turn the company around

  8. #23
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    but that wasn't even you that i quoted, are you posting on legatos account now or something??
    Oops, well he was making the same point as me.

  9. #24
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    "Spike TV confirmed today that TNA Rewind has been canceled.

    The first episode, the first hour of what was supposed to be a weekly three-hour block of TNA progamming on Thursdays, aired this past week and drew an 0.2 rating, about one-third of what Spike had been doing in the 7 p.m. Thursday time slot.

    Impact will continue to air 8-10 p.m. every Thursday night."
    After 1 week...so, the thing is, for all the improvements TNA has made, which coincided with their rating going down due to a time switch, they thought people would watch a 1 hour recap of the previous weeks show.
    ...
    So, product improved, business side still dumb as fuck all.
    I think Spike is moronic really. People don't want a show like Rewind and the one they tried airing at 11pm last year for a few weeks. They want a show like TNA Explosion to air and feature the guys not really able to be on Impact. They could really feature the TNA X-Division more or the TV Title on that program 1 hour each week and promote fueds and all for Impact.

    But the fans are seeing them push it next to Impact . That 1 hour show should be on a Saturday evening or Sunday really. But its Spike and they won't ever do it. (They also won't take more time to promote it right and will yank it or move it around the schedule like crazy)
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  10. #25
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,974

    Default

    This impact isn't very impressive so far.
    But to be fair, 7 great shows followed by a meh one is much better then WWE's 7 bad shows followed by an ok to good one.

  11. #26
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,713

    Default

    Missed a hour, came in at the end of AJ/Anderson and had to sit through the possible date rape of AJ angle

  12. #27
    the demon king rules master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    38,339

    Default

    Didn't miss much. Just aces and eights jumping people.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

  13. #28
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    This impact isn't very impressive so far.
    But to be fair, 7 great shows followed by a meh one is much better then WWE's 7 bad shows followed by an ok to good one.
    Russo in an interview months ago claimed that Dixie and others would constantly look at a ratings deal and not really commit to long term storylines as much when he was there. That his big problem at times was , they would see ratings for a show and suddenly try a big swerve or do a show to alter a direction. This happened quite a lot from what he discussed .

    Maybe with the Roode storyline they have decided to do longer , better storylines and commit to things more. And not throw drastic sudden swerves out to try and pop a ratings point now.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  14. #29
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,713

    Default

    The bit with Bully Ray trying to take Daniel's appletini was lolz


    And what I assume will have tna featured around it next year Bellator

  15. #30
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,013

    Default

    I was watching NXT on tv for the first hour. I liked it.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •