Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Catwoman #11 Preview

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...ew-catwoman-11

In recent issues, the feline femme fatale has teamed up with another thief by the name of Spark, who has made her life much more complicated than it ever has been before. Together they’re gunning for a mysterious new villain named Dollhouse—an out-and-out psycho who has been abducting people off the streets.

Now courtesy of DC Entertainment, we have an exclusive preview of Catwoman #11, which goes on sale July 18. Written by Judd Winick with art by Adriana Melo, this book is the perfect way to get yourself ready for Anne Hathaway’s performance as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises next week. Check out a brief synopsis and preview art from the issue below.

• On the trail of DOLLHOUSE!
    • CATWOMAN and her new partner, SPARK, take their relationship to a very intimate level!
    • How will this affect Catwoman’s secret partnership with DETECTIVE ALVAREZ?

You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

That's one persistent cop.

Sadly only this and one last issue of Judd Winnick's run on Catwoman left. I've been really enjoying the heck out of this arc and been loving this characterization going on with Selina. I hope it ends on a bang and that the next writer can keep up the quality that I've been enjoying.

Ouch, I'm really missing March here. Do like this new 'relationship' with Dectective Alvarez and not a bad way to start. Some of the greatest have begun at the end of a gun. Looks like Spark is going to be answering for turning on the feline vixen.

I was actually going to say that I thought the art was pretty good. Almost didn't notice it wasn't March at first.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I was actually going to say that I thought the art was pretty good. Almost didn't notice it wasn't March at first.
    Something about the art looked too sharp. It may be not seeing the printed page but just very harsh to me so I checked the credits. I think March just has a smoother look.

Never read GA so dnt know what to expect w/ this new writer but Ive enjoyed Winick's take on Selena. Will be sad to see him go...and March.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Something about the art looked too sharp. It may be not seeing the printed page but just very harsh to me so I checked the credits. I think March just has a smoother look.
    I didn't mind Melo as a fill-in artist for March, but I'm not a happy camper if she truly is the ongoing artist when Nocenti comes in. Is it just me but the scene at the end of #10, and the scene at the beginning of #11 of Selina saying "Detective Alvarez... I've understand you've been looking for me" remind anyone else of when Selina confronted Slam Bradley in his office in 'Tec and Selina's Big Score back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBoy View Post
    I didn't mind Melo as a fill-in artist for March, but I'm not a happy camper if she truly is the ongoing artist when Nocenti comes in.
    Exactly how I feel.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBoy View Post
    I didn't mind Melo as a fill-in artist for March, but I'm not a happy camper if she truly is the ongoing artist when Nocenti comes in. Is it just me but the scene at the end of #10, and the scene at the beginning of #11 of Selina saying "Detective Alvarez... I've understand you've been looking for me" remind anyone else of when Selina confronted Slam Bradley in his office in 'Tec and Selina's Big Score back in the day?
    Was exactly what it reminded me of.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Exactly how I feel.
    I just don't get it. I understand Nocenti's continuing Winick's story, but I was hoping that we could get someone with a little different style. I LOVE March, but if I can't have March... I'd want someone who's stylized and just as good... but in a different way. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Was exactly what it reminded me of.
    I'm glad I'm not alone in the de ja vu... just read Big Score again... and when looking for a reference picture, I didn't realize the line was identical. I'll take it as Winick's homage to Cooke/Brubaker.

Detective Comics:

Selina's Big Score:

Without March's art I am seeing how inadequate this book is And this book used to be my fun book. It just read flat and lifeless, and Selina looked weird.

Wow, I thought the artist did a pretty good March imitation.
    Jim Zimmerman

Did anyone read the comic? I got a Holly vive from the cover, did she show up?
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird View Post
    Did anyone read the comic? I got a Holly vive from the cover, did she show up?
    Haven't read it yet, but I skimmed it. I didn't see any indication of Holly.
    Jim Zimmerman