Page 6 of 666 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 9983
  1. #76
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Wait, is it Ramilia talking to Sloane or Max?
    Feels like Max.

    A name drop or two would help, but I'm pretty sure it's Max.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  2. #77
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Just letting you guys know, I've skipped a night of sleep in hopes of setting my circadian rythm back a few hours, since I need to get back to my appartment and pick up the bills before I get evicted.

    Basically, I'm very sleep deprived and won't be able to stay on for long tonight. In fact, I'll probably crash around the time of most activity.

    Cleric, I'm not gonna ask you to put the game on hold for my sake but if you do hit us with some kind of big event tonight, I'd appreciate it if you leave some of it for me to catch up with when I wake up tomorrow.
    Oh. Well, hope things work out.

  3. #78
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Wait, is it Ramilia talking to Sloane or Max?
    Ramilia isn't talking to anyone right now.

  4. #79
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oddly enough, I find that Cas reads much... better than his background lead me to expect of him.

    I mean, you will recall the somewhat savage analysis I gave of Cas back before the game started? You cut out a lot of the sillier stuff in his profile but, from my perspective, it's still not the strongest profile in terms of coming up with an interesting and original character. I don't mean that as a slur on your choices, it's just... nothing hugely original. Stock scarred swordsman with stock tragic past, stock dead parents and stock interest in honour - it's all a little played out, y'know?
    I can see that. After your assessment I did take out quite a bit, there was a lot of conflicting themes, but I decided to leave the core because I'd figured out an arc based off of the cliche (granted the arc was probably just as cliche.)

    However, in game, there's a pretty fierce disconnect between the Cas of the profile and how he is in game. I mean, Cas is meant to be a guy with trust issues, emotional damage that make him emotionally evasive and a very clinical business-like demeanour born of his feelings about duty and his strong affiliation with being honourable. I don't feel that that is the character you're writing at all, Cas in game is quite emotionally available, seems to find it easy to trust people (even in a romantic context with Maxana which is where people tend to be /most/ guarded) and hasn't made any reference Hagakure or honour in his actions at all.
    That's the thing.. I had intended to write him like he was outlined in his profile. I really did, I'd even started to in the beginning, I had him sitting outside on the first day, reading the little book.. But as the story progressed, and all the other characters were introduced, it made Cas look pretty stupid... There seemed to be a few male characters with a haunted past. So, for lack of a better phrase, I decided to wing it, in terms of his in game personality. I mean, I kept some of it, (promises are binding contracts that can't be given up on.) But took out the book, and dropped the 'hardcore honor knight with trust issues' personality.

    This isn't a problem, because in game Cas is much more interesting than profile Cas but I do feel like you're not as sure on the voice of the character as you could be. It feels like reactionary writing rather than if you have a set arc laid out in mind for the character.
    Well that's good. I was worried winging it in terms of his personality would've made him a less than interesting character, partially because I'd never written anyone like him before. And to be honest, I have some ideas as to where I want to take him, and I'm gradually building up to something... but there's nothing set in terms of an arc.

    So you'd be right in terms of me not actually having one yet.

    I am notoriously hard to satisfy.

    And I like to poke at other people's ideas because it keeps my mind occupied.
    Well, your poking turned Cas into a 'better' character, so I thank you for poking.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  5. #80
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Oh. Well, hope things work out.
    Well, it needs to be done sooner or later. Just a matter of bad timing.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  6. #81
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ramilia isn't talking to anyone right now.
    Just making sure.

  7. #82
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well, it needs to be done sooner or later. Just a matter of bad timing.
    Yeah, but at least you can sleep in after it's done.

  8. #83
    Veteran Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Also, ether power is clearly garbage.
    What makes you say that?

  9. #84
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    What makes you say that?
    My challenge gamer instincts.

    They tell me that any power not accessible from the start is garbage.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  10. #85
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    And because I felt like it, a commemorative profile for the dead girl:


    NAME: Coppelia Schneider

    GENDER: Female

    HERITAGE/RACE: German

    AGE: 13. (Deceased.)

    WEAPON TYPE/MARTIAL SKILL: N/A.

    APPERANCE:


    THEME SONG: It Is Well With My Soul. (Jason & Nolan version.)

    CHARACTER HISTORY & PERSONALITY:

    PERSONAL SKILLS:

    POWER TYPE: ????
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  11. #86
    Elder Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!
    Posts
    53,815

    Default

    Attachment 93707NAME:
    Kingston "King" Sicarius

    GENDER:
    Male
    HERITAGE/RACE: (Since Eden is a melting pot of all that's left of humanity, and there are no nations or countries left, this spot is just for us to know what you trace your nationality to).Brazillian

    AGE: (Must be between 16-18).
    17
    WEAPON TYPE/MARTIAL SKILL: (List what weapon you prefer/Martial skill you're skilled in. This is optional)Moo Gi Gong cool? its what arsenal uses and I always thought it was sick to watch in action

    as for weapon, I'll go with a chain that he keeps in his pocket

    APPERANCE: (please provide height, weight, etc.....and a picture if possible)
    Height: Six feet, one inch
    Weight: 175 pounds
    Slim build, looks like this

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yKb_lWOpUS...682810_std.jpg

    carries a long chain attached to his pocket and wears a pair of shades

    CHARACTER HISTORY & PERSONALITY: (A basic description of your character's past and his or her more prominent character traits)
    History: Born in Sector 13 to a couple of former hitmen, and unfortunately orphaned 7 years after his birth, King was sent to live with a former friend of his father, a teacher in Sector 10 named Fred Armisen (no relation). Fred was a decent father figure, continuing King's training with Moo Gi Gong just to keep the boy busy, but no matter how hard he tried King always seemed to get into trouble. It wasn't that King did this to show how much he disliked Fred, he just found life boring in Sector 7 and his time spent getting into trouble was a cure for boredom. King ran with all sorts of hoodlums, got into fights, but never did anything serious, until the week before he got sent off to join Arcadia Academy.

    King had gotten into a conflict with some boys at a preparatory school near his home, and as he decided to fight them all off with his chain. There were about twelve of them, one of him and while he started off good, the numbers became a bit much, and King started to panic a bit, swinging his chain wildly to the point that a miniature tornado was made, blowing all of the students around him through the walls of the school, and catapulting King himself way up into the air, landing eventually on his face first, knocking him unconscious. He awoke in the ER with Mr. Armisen telling him that he couldn't stay in the sector anymore, and that he was sending him someplace special. King thought this meant a penitentiary so at first he flipped out, trying to run out of there in his hospital gown. Two nurses, two doctors and Mr. Armisen's help pinning him down a few hours later, King was brought up to speed on where he was going and begrudgingly accepted

    Personality: King is a very self-assured young man with an affinity for trouble. Main reason he goes by King rather than Kingston is evidence of his self-esteem. It takes a bit to get a rise out of him, and can (usually) remain cool under pressure. He's like a cool breeze I guess
    PERSONAL SKILLS: (Here you may chose two minor skills your character has. Nothing extraordinary – basically just an everyday pair of talents which he or she happens to be good at. Cooking, drawing, singing, etc....) King is a really good hoverboarder, having used/jacked/wrecked several different types and has good hand-eye coordination which lead to a love of darts/dodgeball
    POWER TYPE: (Elemancer)
    -Power 1 (Air) 20points
    -Power 2 (speed)20 points
    -power 3 (ether): 5 points
    power 1 ability: Hover hop where King uses his air control to ride wind currents and seemingly float around people, almost gliding through the air
    power 2 ability: rapid fire where King uses his speed to rifle off a number of attacks through the air, manipulating air pressure to make them move faster. This can also be used with his chain and have him whirl it fast enough to cause a miniature cyclone
    power 3 ability: air burst. King concentrates a dense amount of air and releases it in a burst, blowing the opponent away or cleaving through them
    power 4 ability: Burst armor. King has a swirling mass of air condense around him and buff up his durability/strength by 17 yet keeps his speed the same, allowing him to go toe to toe with some of the tougher opponents. However the mode can only last for about 5 minutes before great pain is caused in King's body
    Power 5: Burst Armor, level 2. Same thing as the first, but now ups his durability/strength by 20 and can last for 10 minutes
    Power 6: Music to My Ears: King is able to hear people's movements through the air and track them by doing this, allowing for a heightened sense of aim

    PERSONAL ITEMSTHOSE SHADES BRO
    Last edited by Froggy; 08-07-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

  12. #87
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Man, I meant for that to be a question, not her agreeing with him -_-

  13. #88
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Man, I meant for that to be a question, not her agreeing with him -_-
    Close enough!
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  14. #89
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Close enough!
    It worked.

    Also, Casimir's comment got me thinking. Who is tje most powerful in the group, not counting Ramilia?

  15. #90
    The good kind of evil Rhyvurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,799

    Default

    Well, how do you define powerful? Example, it would be hard if not impossible for many of the PCs to put Takeshi down for the count, but at the same time he can't effectively fight most of them in return.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •