Page 659 of 666 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 9983

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Did the Arcadian Cadets become the Knights of the Sword while I wasn't looking?

Seriously, who doesn't have one at this point?
    Hm.. Sloane. Iriesia. Robert. Mack. Boss... yep. Everyone else has one. (Even Sloane and Mack have knives, and I think Rivia still has the light claymore, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Just a note: Rosemary doesn't really have a sword, she just has fragments of one under her skin.

If anything, she's just a scabbard now.
    Oh dear.

Sloane finds out that, and his heart''ll explode.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Hm.. Sloane. Iriesia. Robert. Mack. Boss... yep. Everyone else has one. (Even Sloane and Mack have knives, and I think Rivia still has the light claymore, right?)

Oh dear.

He's seen...and surprisingly didn't make too big a deal out of it.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Huh. Maybe Sloane is insane... Cas would be much more concerned. Provided he knew.

Oh dear.

Rivia's light constructs don't count sincere can majestic it look like anything. I think she should have a real sword, a mystic sword from ancient times.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Huh. Maybe Sloane is insane... Cas would be much more concerned. Provided he knew.
    Maybe Sloane didn't understand, like I don't. What use are fragments of a sword? Is the aim along the lines of that manga about the girl trying to be a prince?
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    You could just invest points in other stats for now.
    Eh, I'm going for Ancient Tech 100 anyway, which IIRC leaves me with just 16 points for each of the remaining stats. Not sure it's actually going to help much at this point.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Just a note: Rosemary doesn't really have a sword, she just has fragments of one under her skin.

See, now I feel like I've missed something.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Heh, Rose is Shirou.

The Queen of Autumn will find his attempt amusing, and a little cute.

But really, the Old Gods aren't going to bother fighting Sloane. It'd be more bothersome than anything else, as far as their interest in him goes, there really isn't any. The only reason they got involved with Ramilla, and Skye is because since they started 'watching after' Cas, he's sparred with both of them, and they were curious.

They also, you know... managed to kill a corrupt Old God ;)

.. though you're right. In the long run, the Old Gods aren't going to be able to help Rose, unless Yun is alright with Sloane meddling with powers far out of his control :P
    Yeah, it's really up to Yun if the Old Gods can get involved.

Also, Sloane will just have to cause a ruckus. Or at least do something Cas-related.

Oh dear.

Well, that's because he's already trying to find a way to fix this. He think he just needs a really big way to solve this so it won't come back to haunt them.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Eh, I'm going for Ancient Tech 100 anyway, which IIRC leaves me with just 16 points for each of the remaining stats. Not sure it's actually going to help much at this point.
    Eh, it does help somewhat. Unless you want to invest all of the leftover points into Stamina, which would make Eisen a non-stop healing machine.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    It makes perfect sense, and she's still seemingly well-protected. Takeshi, on the other hand, isn't well-protected from her. Which is going to suck for him if it gets to a point where she has to drop something really major.

By the way, could you explain exactly how West Wind works again?

I'm trying to figure out how sick and wrong something might be in the future.

Addendum: When I get around to writing it, a private conversation from a time long past has unlocked a secret or two.
    West Wind works like so: Mack activates it and chooses up to 4 (currently) people within a 400' (currently) range. Mack trades in Speed, up to his Air or Speed, whichever is lower, and the affected targets get boosted by that much speed. The affected people gain the ability to activate their 'on self' abilities on any or all of the affected people. Takeshi could activate his dragon shell effect on Cammy to allow her to escape from evil grappling robots, for instance. (The reason it works this way is to prevent Mack from doing something like picking Volkov as a 'beneficiary' of the ability, thus allowing the other chosen people to use Volkov's abilities.) While the effect is active, Mack is unable to use his own activated abilities, although he can grant them to the others if he is one of the beneficiaries of his own ability. (If he is, however, he does not gain the speed boost effect.) Ancient Tech benefits aren't sharable via West Wind because they're often represented by a tool of some sort thst the others wouldn't have like a gun or a suit of power armor.

It should also be possible to simply grant access to your 'on self' abilities to the others, allowing them to use the powers themselves. That's what I'm figuring the current group is doing.
    Last edited by Guy Smiley; 12-06-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    See, now I feel like I've missed something.
    Long story short: Rosemary found out that the Matrons, who she was taught were supposed to use their powers for the sake of their families, was a big fat lie by Lilith (wheelchair bitch from SHR1) and that their real duty was to keep the spirit of Lunarius sealed. Pissed off by how they turned a blind eye to the suffering of future generations, she took out the Sword of Sorrows (Post-SHR1 macguffin) which released Lunarius' spirit and for some reason, bound the sword to her body.
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia's light constructs don't count sincere can majestic it look like anything. I think she should have a real sword, a mystic sword from ancient times.
    Oooh... have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Yeah, it's really up to Yun if the Old Gods can get involved.
    So Yun... Can the Old Gods get involved? (And by Old Gods I mean only one of them.) ;)

Sloane will just have to cause a ruckus. Or at least do something Cas-related.
    Heh. While that'd be funny to see, that won't do it. His, best and only chance short of becoming proficient in leyline manipulation, would be to ask Cas... Unfortunately.

Well, that's because he's already trying to find a way to fix this. He think he just needs a really big way to solve this so it won't come back to haunt them.
    Baby steps...

So Yun... Can the Old Gods get involved? (And by Old Gods I mean only one of them.) ;)
    What exactly will the Old Gods do, persay?
    Quote of the Month

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Badass West Wind description
    I actually feel sorry for the enemies of the future, just looking at my own plans.

Well, except for Cleric's SUPER bosses; screw those guys.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Given the nature of this game, and the fact you've already done some Dresden related stuff, I don't think a sword of similar concept and type to those wielded by the Knights of the Cross would be out of line for me to suggest.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras