Page 640 of 666 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 9983
  1. #9586
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Is this a hint?
    Not exactly.

    Elewa isn't going to go "evil" at least not in a conventional sense. You won't see any moonbase lasers or death camps from him.

    He is however going to conduct himself that people might not agree with. As shown with Takeshi, if he deems that you're not someone he actually cares about then he's totally okay with using people to achieve the greater good he's aiming for. He's become a lot less afraid of authority and much more ready to challenge it if he finds it wanting. He's not that big on empathy because he still doesn't fully understand people at large and he's become quite stubborn and convinced of his course so he's going to be hard to dissuade. He's still a pacifist but he's come around to the idea that sometimes you might have to kill someone in order to stop them.

    That said, it's hard to tell. A lot of his character direction is going to be informed by what happens to us throughout the remainder of the game and how his interactions with other characters go. I'm not planning for him to end up as a supervillain but it is a minor possibility.

    For future projections; his main course of action when we get back into Eden is going to be heading into Sector 12 to start organising and securing the people he cares about and trying to limit the loss of life in the ensuing chaos as much as possible. From there he'll send his brother into the Scoop and Sector 13 and start moving inward, trying to keep everyone safe. First and foremost, he wants to keep 'his people' safe and right now 'his people' constitutes the population of Eden.

    I'm also looking forward to the day when he and Max talk about economics.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  2. #9587
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Not exactly.

    Elewa isn't going to go "evil" at least not in a conventional sense. You won't see any moonbase lasers or death camps from him.

    He is however going to conduct himself that people might not agree with. As shown with Takeshi, if he deems that you're not someone he actually cares about then he's totally okay with using people to achieve the greater good he's aiming for. He's become a lot less afraid of authority and much more ready to challenge it if he finds it wanting. He's not that big on empathy because he still doesn't fully understand people at large and he's become quite stubborn and convinced of his course so he's going to be hard to dissuade. He's still a pacifist but he's come around to the idea that sometimes you might have to kill someone in order to stop them.

    That said, it's hard to tell. A lot of his character direction is going to be informed by what happens to us throughout the remainder of the game and how his interactions with other characters go. I'm not planning for him to end up as a supervillain but it is a minor possibility.

    For future projections; his main course of action when we get back into Eden is going to be heading into Sector 12 to start organising and securing the people he cares about and trying to limit the loss of life in the ensuing chaos as much as possible. From there he'll send his brother into the Scoop and Sector 13 and start moving inward, trying to keep everyone safe. First and foremost, he wants to keep 'his people' safe and right now 'his people' constitutes the population of Eden.

    I'm also looking forward to the day when he and Max talk about economics.
    Not gonna lie- that sounds pretty evil in the conventional sense.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

  3. #9588
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Not gonna lie- that sounds pretty evil in the conventional sense.
    I think we have different ideas about what constitutes "evil,"

    To me, Elewa comes across as quite cold and uncompromising sure, but he's stressed that he wants to protect his city and keep the people safe and happy.

    Misguided? Maybe. Consciously malignant? No.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  4. #9589
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think we have different ideas about what constitutes "evil,"

    To me, Elewa comes across as quite cold and uncompromising sure, but he's stressed that he wants to protect his city and keep the people safe and happy.

    Misguided? Maybe. Consciously malignant? No.
    Manipulativeness, lack of empathy, coldheartedness, and reduced fear are all signs of being a psychopath.

    And that sounds like Elewa to me.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

  5. #9590
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Manipulativeness, lack of empathy, coldheartedness, and reduced fear are all signs of being a psychopath.

    And that sounds like Elewa to me.
    I wouldn't say he's manipulating anyone.

    That implies consciously misleading them. Elewa said to Takeshi; "Hey, I want you to do what I say, how 'bout it?" He'll use people but they will know that he's using them and they'll have a choice about it. If Takeshi had said no then Elewa would have responded with; "Whatevs man, just try not to fuck up what we're trying to do here,"

    And he's not coldhearted. Far from it, he loves his city and his people enormously, guy has a big-ass warm heart. His actions are cold, but he's not.

    Lack of empathy and reduced fear I'll give you. Elewa's never understood people properly and now he's not afraid of them anymore.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  6. #9591
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Am I the only one who feels Cammy should be barred from using her elemani powers because it runs the very high risk of her blowing the entire builsing up, with us in it?

  7. #9592
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Am I the only one who feels Cammy should be barred from using her elemani powers because it runs the very high risk of her blowing the entire builsing up, with us in it?
    Wasn't she doing some control training?

    Though just going into lava form should be bad for the building, unless she can make it not damage the building by existing somehow.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  8. #9593
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Wasn't she doing some control training?

    Though just going into lava form should be bad for the building, unless she can make it not damage the building by existing somehow.
    Yes, with Max and Robert. But that was before she reached LOLWTF levels of stupid powerful.

  9. #9594
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Yes, with Max and Robert. But that was before she reached LOLWTF levels of stupid powerful.
    As a counterpoint, I don't think anyone knows how strong she is now.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  10. #9595
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I wouldn't say he's manipulating anyone.

    That implies consciously misleading them. Elewa said to Takeshi; "Hey, I want you to do what I say, how 'bout it?" He'll use people but they will know that he's using them and they'll have a choice about it. If Takeshi had said no then Elewa would have responded with; "Whatevs man, just try not to fuck up what we're trying to do here,"

    And he's not coldhearted. Far from it, he loves his city and his people enormously, guy has a big-ass warm heart. His actions are cold, but he's not.

    Lack of empathy and reduced fear I'll give you. Elewa's never understood people properly and now he's not afraid of them anymore.
    So he's edging towards psychopath.

    Supervillain enough for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Am I the only one who feels Cammy should be barred from using her elemani powers because it runs the very high risk of her blowing the entire builsing up, with us in it?
    It's a real risk, you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Wasn't she doing some control training?

    Though just going into lava form should be bad for the building, unless she can make it not damage the building by existing somehow.
    She went to training, did terribly, and then left without learning much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Yes, with Max and Robert. But that was before she reached LOLWTF levels of stupid powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    As a counterpoint, I don't think anyone knows how strong she is now.
    Cammy doesn't even really know how powerful she is, all she knows is that she can feel something inside her overflowing with power that she's been tapping into more and more as she's grown stronger.

    She's terrified of it, though, because she knows that she really struggles to control her power as is, and can only imagine what it would be like if she used all the power. Also, she's going to realize that there's something not quite right about it- mostly because she has never heard of any empowered having something like she feels inside of herself.

    It's like that scene in DBZ when Goku and Vegeta are fighting, and then Majin Buu powers up and Goku goes, "Tell me you felt that horrible power... it's endless!" except only Cammy can feel it.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

  11. #9596
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Cammy doesn't even really know how powerful she is, all she knows is that she can feel something inside her overflowing with power that she's been tapping into more and more as she's grown stronger.

    She's terrified of it, though, because she knows that she really struggles to control her power as is, and can only imagine what it would be like if she used all the power. Also, she's going to realize that there's something not quite right about it- mostly because she has never heard of any empowered having something like she feels inside of herself.

    It's like that scene in DBZ when Goku and Vegeta are fighting, and then Majin Buu powers up and Goku goes, "Tell me you felt that horrible power... it's endless!" except only Cammy can feel it.
    So Cammy's a more stable Buu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia moved silently, all but invisibly. Ignoring the nervous talk of her fellow cadets, she focused instead on her enhanced senses. Scanning the area around them as they moved, she carefully opened her mind to the thoughts of those imprisoned inside., searching for those who most needed to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    While leaning casually against the wall in a dimly lit corner, Ramilia extends her senses to try and hone in on the life energy of Commander Agnar and the other prisoners they need to release.
    From what Cleric said earlier, all forms of scanning are blocked in here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The entire place is made up of soem sort of material that stops such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    She senses nothing. The place prevents any sort of scanning.
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 12-03-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  12. #9597
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    So Cammy's a more stable Buu?
    It was a loose metaphor than that. The power is less pure evil and more... intoxicating. She'll be communing with the personification of the cycle of death and rebirth.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

  13. #9598
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A Cardboard Box
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    It was a loose metaphor than that. The power is less pure evil and more... intoxicating. She'll be communing with the personification of the cycle of death and rebirth.
    Question is: Can she out rock Peter?
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

  14. #9599
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Max's new sword:


  15. #9600
    Master of Dickery Chrosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Far Side
    Posts
    13,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Question is: Can she out rock Peter?
    In short, no.

    She has absolutely no musical talent. However, the Phoenix can play a mean six string.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.


    I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

    Reached Demon-God Status

    My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •