Page 640 of 666 FirstFirst ... 140540590630636637638639640641642643644650 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 9983
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Is this a hint?
    Not exactly.

Elewa isn't going to go "evil" at least not in a conventional sense. You won't see any moonbase lasers or death camps from him.

He is however going to conduct himself that people might not agree with. As shown with Takeshi, if he deems that you're not someone he actually cares about then he's totally okay with using people to achieve the greater good he's aiming for. He's become a lot less afraid of authority and much more ready to challenge it if he finds it wanting. He's not that big on empathy because he still doesn't fully understand people at large and he's become quite stubborn and convinced of his course so he's going to be hard to dissuade. He's still a pacifist but he's come around to the idea that sometimes you might have to kill someone in order to stop them.

That said, it's hard to tell. A lot of his character direction is going to be informed by what happens to us throughout the remainder of the game and how his interactions with other characters go. I'm not planning for him to end up as a supervillain but it is a minor possibility.

For future projections; his main course of action when we get back into Eden is going to be heading into Sector 12 to start organising and securing the people he cares about and trying to limit the loss of life in the ensuing chaos as much as possible. From there he'll send his brother into the Scoop and Sector 13 and start moving inward, trying to keep everyone safe. First and foremost, he wants to keep 'his people' safe and right now 'his people' constitutes the population of Eden.

I'm also looking forward to the day when he and Max talk about economics.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Not exactly.

Elewa isn't going to go "evil" at least not in a conventional sense. You won't see any moonbase lasers or death camps from him.

He is however going to conduct himself that people might not agree with. As shown with Takeshi, if he deems that you're not someone he actually cares about then he's totally okay with using people to achieve the greater good he's aiming for. He's become a lot less afraid of authority and much more ready to challenge it if he finds it wanting. He's not that big on empathy because he still doesn't fully understand people at large and he's become quite stubborn and convinced of his course so he's going to be hard to dissuade. He's still a pacifist but he's come around to the idea that sometimes you might have to kill someone in order to stop them.

That said, it's hard to tell. A lot of his character direction is going to be informed by what happens to us throughout the remainder of the game and how his interactions with other characters go. I'm not planning for him to end up as a supervillain but it is a minor possibility.

For future projections; his main course of action when we get back into Eden is going to be heading into Sector 12 to start organising and securing the people he cares about and trying to limit the loss of life in the ensuing chaos as much as possible. From there he'll send his brother into the Scoop and Sector 13 and start moving inward, trying to keep everyone safe. First and foremost, he wants to keep 'his people' safe and right now 'his people' constitutes the population of Eden.

I'm also looking forward to the day when he and Max talk about economics.
    Not gonna lie- that sounds pretty evil in the conventional sense.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    Not gonna lie- that sounds pretty evil in the conventional sense.
    I think we have different ideas about what constitutes "evil,"

To me, Elewa comes across as quite cold and uncompromising sure, but he's stressed that he wants to protect his city and keep the people safe and happy.

Misguided? Maybe. Consciously malignant? No.

Follow me on Tumblr!

I think we have different ideas about what constitutes "evil,"

To me, Elewa comes across as quite cold and uncompromising sure, but he's stressed that he wants to protect his city and keep the people safe and happy.

Misguided? Maybe. Consciously malignant? No.
    Manipulativeness, lack of empathy, coldheartedness, and reduced fear are all signs of being a psychopath.

And that sounds like Elewa to me.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Reached Demon-God Status

Manipulativeness, lack of empathy, coldheartedness, and reduced fear are all signs of being a psychopath.

And that sounds like Elewa to me.
    I wouldn't say he's manipulating anyone.

That implies consciously misleading them. Elewa said to Takeshi; "Hey, I want you to do what I say, how 'bout it?" He'll use people but they will know that he's using them and they'll have a choice about it. If Takeshi had said no then Elewa would have responded with; "Whatevs man, just try not to fuck up what we're trying to do here,"

And he's not coldhearted. Far from it, he loves his city and his people enormously, guy has a big-ass warm heart. His actions are cold, but he's not.

Lack of empathy and reduced fear I'll give you. Elewa's never understood people properly and now he's not afraid of them anymore.

Follow me on Tumblr!

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Am I the only one who feels Cammy should be barred from using her elemani powers because it runs the very high risk of her blowing the entire builsing up, with us in it?

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Am I the only one who feels Cammy should be barred from using her elemani powers because it runs the very high risk of her blowing the entire builsing up, with us in it?
    Wasn't she doing some control training?

Though just going into lava form should be bad for the building, unless she can make it not damage the building by existing somehow.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Though just going into lava form should be bad for the building, unless she can make it not damage the building by existing somehow.
    Yes, with Max and Robert. But that was before she reached LOLWTF levels of stupid powerful.

Yes, with Max and Robert. But that was before she reached LOLWTF levels of stupid powerful.
    As a counterpoint, I don't think anyone knows how strong she is now.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

I wouldn't say he's manipulating anyone.

That implies consciously misleading them. Elewa said to Takeshi; "Hey, I want you to do what I say, how 'bout it?" He'll use people but they will know that he's using them and they'll have a choice about it. If Takeshi had said no then Elewa would have responded with; "Whatevs man, just try not to fuck up what we're trying to do here,"

And he's not coldhearted. Far from it, he loves his city and his people enormously, guy has a big-ass warm heart. His actions are cold, but he's not.

Lack of empathy and reduced fear I'll give you. Elewa's never understood people properly and now he's not afraid of them anymore.
    So he's edging towards psychopath.

Supervillain enough for me.

It's a real risk, you know.

She went to training, did terribly, and then left without learning much.

As a counterpoint, I don't think anyone knows how strong she is now.
    Cammy doesn't even really know how powerful she is, all she knows is that she can feel something inside her overflowing with power that she's been tapping into more and more as she's grown stronger.

She's terrified of it, though, because she knows that she really struggles to control her power as is, and can only imagine what it would be like if she used all the power. Also, she's going to realize that there's something not quite right about it- mostly because she has never heard of any empowered having something like she feels inside of herself.

It's like that scene in DBZ when Goku and Vegeta are fighting, and then Majin Buu powers up and Goku goes, "Tell me you felt that horrible power... it's endless!" except only Cammy can feel it.

Reached Demon-God Status

Cammy doesn't even really know how powerful she is, all she knows is that she can feel something inside her overflowing with power that she's been tapping into more and more as she's grown stronger.

She's terrified of it, though, because she knows that she really struggles to control her power as is, and can only imagine what it would be like if she used all the power. Also, she's going to realize that there's something not quite right about it- mostly because she has never heard of any empowered having something like she feels inside of herself.

It's like that scene in DBZ when Goku and Vegeta are fighting, and then Majin Buu powers up and Goku goes, "Tell me you felt that horrible power... it's endless!" except only Cammy can feel it.
    So Cammy's a more stable Buu?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rivia moved silently, all but invisibly. Ignoring the nervous talk of her fellow cadets, she focused instead on her enhanced senses. Scanning the area around them as they moved, she carefully opened her mind to the thoughts of those imprisoned inside., searching for those who most needed to be released.
    While leaning casually against the wall in a dimly lit corner, Ramilia extends her senses to try and hone in on the life energy of Commander Agnar and the other prisoners they need to release.
    From what Cleric said earlier, all forms of scanning are blocked in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The entire place is made up of soem sort of material that stops such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    She senses nothing. The place prevents any sort of scanning.
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 12-03-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

So Cammy's a more stable Buu?
    It was a loose metaphor than that. The power is less pure evil and more... intoxicating. She'll be communing with the personification of the cycle of death and rebirth.

Reached Demon-God Status

It was a loose metaphor than that. The power is less pure evil and more... intoxicating. She'll be communing with the personification of the cycle of death and rebirth.
    Question is: Can she out rock Peter?
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Max's new sword:

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Question is: Can she out rock Peter?
    In short, no.

She has absolutely no musical talent. However, the Phoenix can play a mean six string.

Reached Demon-God Status