Page 627 of 666 FirstFirst ... 127527577617623624625626627628629630631637 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 9983
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Alright. Anyone else have any issues?
    For my four ha-pennies, it sounds conceptually more like a coup de grace type manuever than a in-battle manuever.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Earth: 40

Shinier Steelskin: This power replaces Steelskin, and has all of the same properties as the former, with the following enhancements:

• Durability: Skye adds Durability equal to 90% of her Earth rating.
    • Strength: Skye adds Strength equal to 75% of her Earth rating.
    • Speed: Skye's Speed is reduced by 10% of her Earth rating (minimum Speed: zero).

Shinier Steelskin has a maximum duration of 45 seconds per point of Earth per hour.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Hmm, even at no range it's a bit much. I'd say maybe the target's Dur has to be ≤ 1/2 her Ether stat.

Or make it only vs. inorganic.

Fun power though.
    Hmm, how about less than 2/3 her ether score?

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    For my four ha-pennies, it sounds conceptually more like a coup de grace type manuever than a in-battle manuever.
    That's the idea.

Hmm, how about less than 2/3 her ether score?
    Possibly add a charge up time? (Must be X in-character, non-flashback posts between when the power is announced to when it goes off)

Earth: 40

Shinier Steelskin: This power replaces Steelskin, and has all of the same properties as the former, with the following enhancements:

• Durability: Skye adds Durability equal to 90% of her Earth rating.
    • Strength: Skye adds Strength equal to 75% of her Earth rating.
    • Speed: Skye's Speed is reduced by 10% of her Earth rating (minimum Speed: zero).

Shinier Steelskin has a maximum duration of 45 seconds per point of Earth per hour.
    Other than thinking that having the bonuses go up, and the negative stay the same is a little odd.

I like it.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Other than thinking that having the bonuses go up, and the negative stay the same is a little odd.

I like it.
    Negative went down from -20% to -10%. It's essentially a power slot for +15% Dur/+25% Str/+10% Spd, only when Steelskin is active.

Negative went down from -20% to -10%. It's essentially a power slot for +15% Dur/+25% Str/+10% Spd, only when Steelskin is active.
    So the negative actually got better? You cheeky devil

I'm thinking about increasing the damage Tenebrous does, to 5 for every 1 point channeled through it, for a final, exhaustive attack.

Anyone opposed to the notion?

Possibly add a charge up time? (Must be X in-character, non-flashback posts between when the power is announced to when it goes off)
    How about a three second, or one post charge time?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Leyline: 10

Tenebrous

Retrieved from the corpse of the Swordsman, the blade's true potential was unlocked when the language of its original master was spoken. Having pierced the core of the corrupted Old God, the blade has been stained a dark black, and when unsheathed, causes those who can sense it uneasiness (can be sensed by any with a leyline score.) Linked with the 'soul' of its new owner, the blade itself is sentient in a way; having the ability to sense the intent and emotions of Casimir, allowing it to react accordingly.

Crafted by the Old Gods, and proven as of yet, unbreakable, the sword has the ability to channel, and amplify the life energy of its user, manifesting itself in the form of its trademark black energy. Released by either swinging the sword, releasing a crescent of energy, or firing a beam from the blade tip, this energy does damage on the level of (3) points, for every (1) empowered point passing through it. This transfer however, shuts out the use of any ability, attached to the points (ex. using etheric energy to power the blade, shuts out Casimir's abilities in that area,) and can only have one type of energy fueling it at a time. This energy also has the ability to harm, ethereal, intangible, or beings otherwise untouchable through conventional means. (As long as the target has a leyline score equal to or less than that of Casimir. If no leyline score is present, it falls to durability.)
    I like the mechanism, but is there a duration on the shut out? Is there a frequency max? Can he spam Durability blasts @45 if he wants? Inquiring minds want to know!

Meh, some many limitations are needless, IMO.

I mean yeah it is a one shot hit, but it's not like it's going to work on boss characters, and as far as our PC goes most don't go the medium route in durability. Either it is low or non existent or it is high. For the PC with low durability it means if other attacks backed by a 20 hit them they should totally kill them too. For the PC with high durability, yeah I don't need to explain that part.

The contact only was fine, IMO.

How about a three second, or one post charge time?
    One post isn't worth the effort of writing it into the power I'd say 3-5 - but its not a big deal either way.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

I mean yeah it is a one shot hit, but it's not like it's going to work on boss characters, and as far as our PC goes most don't go the medium route in durability. Either it is low or non existent or it is high. For the PC with low durability it means if other attacks backed by a 20 hit them they should totally kill them too. For the PC with high durability, yeah I don't need to explain that part.

Now that I think about it, this is a really good point.

Especially since any enemy that Max could potentially come in close enough contact with to use this on would likely be on its last legs anyway (otherwise, Max might be in trouble).

Which would make the move, oddly enough, a coup de grace type manuever by necessity
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

You might be right - I'm just trying to flesh it out more than trying to bend Subby to my will.