Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default What Is Your Favourite Book?

What is your favourite book? It can be a novel, a short story collection, poetry, etc.....

My favourite is "The Horror Stories Of Robert E. Howard"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

"Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. That book did more to shape the way I think than any other.

Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Children of Hurin, and other Tolkien works. Can't wait for The Hobbit Parts 1&2 my most anticipated movies of 2012/2013. The Hobbit is one of the few novels I love to read over and over.

Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut Jr
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

It's impossible for me to narrow it down to one book.

On pure enjoyment level, won't say anything bad about them:
    I love Watership Down and Dandelion Wine.

Then you have books like As I Lay Dying, Pale Fire and Tropic Of Cancer and American Pastoral ect ect.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Going Postal, Terry Pratchett.

And i'm not even a big Pratchett fan but i just love that book. The cider house rules by john Irving is one of my all time favorite too.

One of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Children of Hurin, and other Tolkien works. Can't wait for The Hobbit Parts 1&2 my most anticipated movies of 2012/2013. The Hobbit is one of the few novels I love to read over and over.
    The silmarillion is my 2nd favourite book.

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    The silmarillion is my 2nd favourite book.
    Nice, haven't read that in like 6 years and it was my first go at it. I was in high school and I found it to be an intense read, I really need to reread it. I feel so behind on novels I want to read and I have George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series next on my list. I just bought the first season of the HBO series about a month ago and loved it. I couldn't stop watching it and went through all 10 episodes in like 3 days. What do you think of that book series? I've heard the first 3 books are outstanding but the last 2 seem to flounder, still plan on checking them out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Nice, haven't read that in like 6 years and it was my first go at it. I was in high school and I found it to be an intense read, I really need to reread it. I feel so behind on novels I want to read and I have George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series next on my list. I just bought the first season of the HBO series about a month ago and loved it. I couldn't stop watching it and went through all 10 episodes in like 3 days. What do you think of that book series? I've heard the first 3 books are outstanding but the last 2 seem to flounder, still plan on checking them out soon.
    I have the first two books of a song of ice and fire but havent gotten around to reading them yet.

With the Silmarillion by Tolkien, I found it interesting as its at times dark fantasy and not what people think of when they think of tolkien. Plus he considered this his main story and lord of the rings almost as a side story.

I love Brothers Karamazov. Amazing book. Makes you think and really understand a person as a human being - his/her strengths and insecurities, and in general , the inside world of a human being. Dostoevsky is an outstanding master of the human soul. He uncovers such problems withing a man that you become wondering how could he spot it. This book is great for people who want to understand themselves and the others.

My favorite book is Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. Favorite comic story would have to be Watchmen.

I have a top three:
    1: ANY book based on mythology by Rick Riordan, I love the percy and Sadie stories :)
    2: Water for elephants.
    3: Midas the mouse.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

Just one?

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis