Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gothos View Post
    MOBY DICK would probably be at the top of the list since I reread parts of it off and on.
    Oh...you're the one.

Ayn Rand's Fountainhead had a profound effect on me

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    ...Oh oh...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Me too. I was nauseous for a week.

Well, Fountainhead isn't that bad when you compare it to all her other work.

I mean, has anybody ever finished Atlas Shrugged with out even skiping a chapter or two?
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

I managed to get thru The Fountainhead last year; bits I liked, bits I didn't, and overall a tough slog of a read. I got Atlas Shrugged on my nook, so physically at least it'll be easier to get through; but I admit I'm in no hurry to start.
    HAIL HYDROX!

If you're so smart, why aren't you naked?

Mine are 1, Thomas Harris's Hannibal Lector's trilogy
    2, Dave Pelzer's series
    3, Jay Anson's The Amityville Horror

"On the Road" by Jack Kerouac: I've read this book to completion at least 3 times not to mention all the times I've flipped through it just to reread my fav quotes from it.

Samuel R. Delany's "Babel-17": I would love to see this accurately made into a movie.

"The Left Hand of Darkness" by Ursula K. Le Guin :

Isaac Asimov's original "Foundation" trilogy: Before he added two sequels & two prequels to the series.

I have this collection called The Hugo Winners: Volumes 1 & 2: 1955-1970; edited by Asimov which contains works by Harlan Ellison, Poul Anderson, Robert Bloch, Arther C. Clarke, to name my most fav authors from the collection. There is this short story by Daniel Keyes called "Flowers for Algernon", that I challenge anyone to read and not be deeply moved by.

Has anyone read "Ultimate World" by Hugo Gernsback? Pretty graphic descriptions of sex in zero gravity
    Last edited by Ood Omega; 12-11-2012 at 04:47 AM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Sometimes a great notion, Kesey
    Callahan's Crosswise Saloon, Robinson
    Have Spacesuit will Travel, Heinlein
    Lord of Light, Zelazny
    Divine Right's Trip, Norman
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

1. Gunslinger- S.King
    2. Choke - Chuck Palahniuk
    3. Skeleton Crew - S.King

The Inheritors - William Golding

With Stephen King's It my guilty pleasure.

actually, Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner may beat the Inheritors........ argh!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Friend View Post
    "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac: I've read this book to completion at least 3 times not to mention all the times I've flipped through it just to reread my fav quotes from it.

Samuel R. Delany's "Babel-17": I would love to see this accurately made into a movie.

"The Left Hand of Darkness" by Ursula K. Le Guin :

Isaac Asimov's original "Foundation" trilogy: Before he added two sequels & two prequels to the series.

I have this collection called The Hugo Winners: Volumes 1 & 2: 1955-1970; edited by Asimov which contains works by Harlan Ellison, Poul Anderson, Robert Bloch, Arther C. Clarke, to name my most fav authors from the collection. There is this short story by Daniel Keyes called "Flowers for Algernon", that I challenge anyone to read and not be deeply moved by.

Has anyone read "Ultimate World" by Hugo Gernsback? Pretty graphic descriptions of sex in zero gravity
    Babel-17, Foundation, and the Hugo Winners are all great books. On the Road I thought was interesting but it never really drew me in. I haven't read the others you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    The Inheritors - William Golding

With Stephen King's It my guilty pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post
    actually, Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner may beat the Inheritors........ argh!
    The Inheritors and Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner are both excellent. King's It is one of the many by him I haven't read.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    The Inheritors and Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner are both excellent. King's It is one of the many by him I haven't read.
    This thread has sorted out my reading for the weekend. Memoirs will definitely be a reread. The Inheritors was probably the first book I ever really loved. Thanks Scottish school curriculum!

I'd give It a whirl. I'm not a huge King fan if I'm honest, but I've went back to that book at least four times.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    Babel-17, Foundation, and the Hugo Winners are all great books. On the Road I thought was interesting but it never really drew me in. I haven't read the others you mentioned.
    Definitely check out "The Left Hand of Darkness" then, it won both Hugo and a Nebula award. Ursula K. Le Guin is an amazing writer Also check out "Ultimate World", Gernback's best book. Its about an alien invasion of Earth and the author is the guy the Hugo Awards are named after.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison