Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 292
  1. #31
    Uncanny X-Fan Shingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Blitzburgh
    Posts
    814

    Default

    I find Emma Frost boring. Extremely boring in execution and presentation, and she usually looks boring, except for Quietly, in which case she looks downright stupid.

  2. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    22,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DexterSinister View Post
    I think that the Emma is the only main female X-Man that has a personality that isn't completely overshadowed by her powers or relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    I find Emma Frost boring. Extremely boring in execution and presentation, and she usually looks boring, except for Quietly, in which case she looks downright stupid.
    Two conflicting thoughts. Care to illuminate each other?

  3. #33
    Uncanny X-Fan Shingen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Blitzburgh
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Emma's dialogue and actions always seem to come down to "Aren't I a bitch?" and act like being a good guy and a bitch is some kind of achievement. The most interesting thing about her seems to be she is Scott's girlfriend who isn't Jean Grey, in which case I disagree with the other poster that her relationship doesn't overshadow her. Most of the time she shows up I feel like she is predictable - she'll be snobby and shitty, and act like a jerk, but in the end do the right thing. It just feels so "meh."

    Outfit-wise, the all white and the hackneyed severe noblewoman look never come off as interesting either; I wish they would experiment with her look some more, or just ditch the white because she isn't ever called White Queen anymore.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moghedien View Post
    Two conflicting thoughts. Care to illuminate each other?
    My comment is more about the difference between the main female X-Men and the male. The majority of the posts about Wolverine, Cyclop's and Beast all seem to be about their actions and motivations but the majority of those about the female X-Men such as Rogue, Storm and Jean seem to be either about their powers or current relationship status, the female X-Men seem to be miles above the main males in terms of power but it may be the case of having a limited power-set gives more room for character development.

    I would agree with Shingen that being a bitch defines her as a character but I like her for it and her actions and one-liners are memorable.

  5. #35
    Elder Member Aguja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    17,636

    Default

    When I came back to the X-Men after a hiatus with Gen X, Emma was my favorite.

  6. #36
    X-Fan & Rocker krisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,337

    Default

    Despite finding the plot of it despicable, I am somehow enjoying the DnA run of New Mutants in collected edition.

    I only bought as much of my X-Men collection as I did in the summer of 2010 after many years away because I was really fooled into thinking Jean was coming back at the end of Second Coming.

  7. #37
    Senior Member liopleurodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    I don't particularly care for Storm.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    22,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Despite finding the plot of it despicable, I am somehow enjoying the DnA run of New Mutants in collected edition.
    some runs are far more enjoyable when read simultaneously

    I only bought as much of my X-Men collection as I did in the summer of 2010 after many years away because I was really fooled into thinking Jean was coming back at the end of Second Coming.
    your sin was gullibility here, you are better prepared for the future now that you know the error of your ways.

  9. #39
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Legacy sucks...

  10. #40
    Seasoned OG xgeek52's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Posts
    14,725

    Default

    i liked x-men: confessions...
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

    be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

    i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

  11. #41
    Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fionavar
    Posts
    9,501

    Default

    High Priestess...my conscience aches and a dark and heavy miasma pervades the comic book section of my library where my ignominious shame is on full display for all to see...

    I bought every issue of Whedon's AXM...although I find it considerably detestable for not having Storm. For putting them back in their ghastly "clown-coloured" costumes. For Colossus' shitty resurrection. For the abhorrence I have for Cassaday's art. For not being of any relevance to the X-mythos. For the stupid and long-delayed yet worthless ending.

    I see the issues on the shelf and I just want to take them down and sell them or give them away...but I just cannot bring myself to do it.

    I am lost.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    22,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xgeek52 View Post
    i liked x-men: confessions...
    there is no forgiveness for you geeky. May the harsh summer heat be your punishment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    High Priestess...my conscience aches and a dark and heavy miasma pervades the comic book section of my library where my ignominious shame is on full display for all to see...

    I bought every issue of Whedon's AXM...although I find it considerably detestable for not having Storm. For putting them back in their ghastly "clown-coloured" costumes. For Colossus' shitty resurrection. For the abhorrence I have for Cassaday's art. For not being of any relevance to the X-mythos. For the stupid and long-delayed yet worthless ending.

    I see the issues on the shelf and I just want to take them down and sell them or give them away...but I just cannot bring myself to do it.

    I am lost.
    My child, purchasing a run while disliking it is not a sin. There are many ways you can repent for such an atrocity. The first is to voice your dislike for it, which you have done so. By renouncing its ways you are exonerated. If the shelved issues cause you distress do not allow this pain to hurt you. Grab a box, stuff them inside and bury it deep, never to be seen or read again. You have read them, you have suffered. It is time to heal now.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moghedien View Post
    there is no forgiveness for you geeky.
    What happened to "we will not accept judgement of any kind" and "Observe, offer support and guidance"??

    Don't you dare go after geeky!

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tel'aran'rhiod
    Posts
    22,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xgeek52 View Post
    i liked x-men: confessions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    What happened to "we will not accept judgement of any kind" and "Observe, offer support and guidance"??

    Don't you dare go after geeky!
    geeky knows I am merely being playful. The only judgement on this thread is towards you and your deviant psylocke-loving ways.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moghedien View Post
    The only judgement on this thread is towards you and your deviant psylocke - loving ways.


    The All-Goddess LOVES Betsy too!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •