Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Twigglet View Post
    Because like I said, I imagine they're trying to make it as easy as possible for new readers to go across to the main DCU if they try out Smallville.
    I seriously doubt many of the Smallville readers were only fans of the show and had never read comics before. Most of the people buying Smallville are probably already comics fans who know the drill. I have no numbers to support that guess, of course, and I doubt DC would make them public. Regardless, Babs as Batgirl in Nu52 and Babs as Nightwing in Smallville is more confusing for a true newbie than if Steph was Nightwing. A true newbie would probably not understand why a character would have more than one superhero identity. The explanation given by Didio doesn't make logical sense.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ProdSlash View Post
    So DC, Didio and others are allowed to insult and belittle fans and creators, but we can't respond in kind?
    The best way to deal with that-don't buy any of the products. Yes that means stop buying anything from the company even if it means the stuff you like. There are books I would love to read in the new DC but the final straw was the mistreatment of Static-that writer insulted Static fans. So after 10+ years of buying DC comics-I stopped. Scalped's final trade will be last DC purchase at this time.

Remember you can always buy this stuff in the back issue lots and used books stores. In some cases days after it came out. Public libraries will also have some of these books in trades.

You start hurting them in the wallet and respectfully state why you are not buying DC books and maybe they might get the hint.

Congrats to Stephanie Brown fans-you now know what it feels like to be a Milestone or minority hero fan. We share your pain.

Because like I said, I imagine they're trying to make it as easy as possible for new readers to go across to the main DCU if they try out Smallville.
    Yes, the Smallville fans who read about Barbara as Nightwing are going to go read the comic called Nightwing... only to find out Wing is a dude.
    Great *insert curseword here*ing business decision, DC #facepalm

I've asked you before, and you sort of avoided it. Why do you think they've done it? Do you think they're just "trolling" Steph fans?
    You can see that picture of Dan Didio on the previous page, right?
    Last edited by The Man From Room X; 07-15-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprillis View Post
    It was a different editorial back then. See the connection?
    Well, yes, that's the obvious explanation. And there really is nothing any of us can do about it but hope for a future regime to take over sooner rather than later except choose not buy their comics. Of course, I just bought the entire Secret Six series (on sale for 99 cents each at Comixology) last night, so I'm failing at that. But that isn't a new comic, so it's still a moral victory, right?
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin

I wish Didio would just say in an interview something like: "We don't plan to use Steph, Cass or Wallie, because we don't like them."
    That would be a lot more truthful than the usual " We have big plans for them"

And the most funny thing is, the Cass Batgirl series was selling good and was canceled shortly after announcing to give DC heroes greater diversity.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 07-15-2012 at 09:41 AM.

i'm pretty sure that Steph/Cass team book would outsell something like The Ravagers so it's not always about 'business decision' obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Orin View Post
    Oh, and another thing, don't you think it's a little bumptious of you to come here and judge people (and even calling them pathetic) for caring about a fictional character? I'm sure you you wouldn't appreciate it either if someone took a piss on the things that are mean something to you. But of course, that would be different, cause those things are so much more precious, right? Guess what, they're not! Everything that can inspire people is important, so don't dismiss the power of literatur just because you don't understand it. Coming here just to provoke people and rub salt into their wounds is just weak. You may think it's cool to strive against the stream but what you're doing here is just ignorant and conceited.
    No I don't think it's "a little bumptious of me". I myself happen to read and enjoy certain comics. I currently don't buy any DC comics because I'm not a fan of them. However I don't go around the net whining like I'm owed something. Comic companies can do what they like, they're trying to maximise revenue.

It's not ignorant and conceited of me at all. I think some of you genuinely need a reality check. This is not a personal attack.

And also "the power of literature" is a ****ing weak argument. It is bullshit how invested some of you are into a teenage comic book character. It's the same reaction Justin Beiber fans have, but most of you are grown men.

I have things that matter to me in my life. My girlfriend. My sports teams. My X-box. Not a fictional teenage girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Orin View Post
    Oh, and another thing, don't you think it's a little bumptious of you to come here and judge people (and even calling them pathetic) for caring about a fictional character? I'm sure you you wouldn't appreciate it either if someone took a piss on the things that are mean something to you. But of course, that would be different, cause those things are so much more precious, right? Guess what, they're not! Everything that can inspire people is important, so don't dismiss the power of literatur just because you don't understand it. Coming here just to provoke people and rub salt into their wounds is just weak. You may think it's cool to strive against the stream but what you're doing here is just ignorant and conceited.
    Thank you. No one knows what inspires a person. I remember my sister went off on a former NBA player who wouldn't sign an autograph for one of her kids. He said "it wouldn't be fair to the other kids." Mind you the other 500 kids didn't even know who he was despite winner the NBA Slam Dunk contest and having a very successful career (on a team with some no name who coaches the Celtics). She told him you don't know what that autograph might mean to that kid-it might inspire him to do better.

You don know what inspires people.

I wish Didio would just say in an interview something like: "We don't plan to use Steph, Cass or Wallie, because we don't like them."
    That would be a lot more truthful than the usual " We have big plans for them"
    As long as fans verbally abuse them-they are fine with teasing fans. Now when it get physical or a fan kills themselves is when we will see trouble. That's the DANGEROUS part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    i'm pretty sure that Steph/Cass team book would outsell something like The Ravagers so it's not always about 'business decision' obviously.
    Of course it is. Another Spider-man ongoing would sell more than the Ravagers (as would another Batman book) but you need to be careful not to dilute the line.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Thank you. No one knows what inspires a person. I remember my sister went off on a former NBA player who wouldn't sign an autograph for one of her kids. He said "it wouldn't be fair to the other kids." Mind you the other 500 kids didn't even know who he was despite winner the NBA Slam Dunk contest and having a very successful career (on a team with some no name who coaches the Celtics). She told him you don't know what that autograph might mean to that kid-it might inspire him to do better.

You don know what inspires people.

As long as fans verbally abuse them-they are fine with teasing fans. Now when it get physical or a fan kills themselves is when we will see trouble. That's the DANGEROUS part of this.
    If a fan kills themselves it's entirely due to their own demons, nothing to do with Dan Didio. The headline would read "psycho fan kills himself over teenage girl drawing" not "evil didio murders fan"

Of course it is. Another Spider-man ongoing would sell more than the Ravagers (as would another Batman book) but you need to be careful not to dilute the line.
    How does a Steph and Cass book dilute the line any more than the several books that DC puts out staring Bruce Wayne Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by MB99 View Post
    How does a Steph and Cass book dilute the line any more than the several books that DC puts out staring Bruce Wayne Batman?
    Because there's already a Batwoman book out?

I've asked you before, and you sort of avoided it. Why do you think they've done it? Do you think they're just "trolling" Steph fans?
    Even if it was an "honest" mistake, it still reflects poor communication within the DC hierarchy. It's not like there has been some new development in the public awareness of Barbara vs. Stephanie.
    A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    take note kids, this is a dick move on level with the Avengers EMH controversy
    Nah, I'd say this is more akin to Josh Keaton, who was asked by the show's producers to reprise his role as Spider-Man in EMH, record some dialogue, only to have Loeb and his thugs butt in production and replace his recordings at the last minute with Drake Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Nah, I'd say this is more akin to Josh Keaton, who was asked by the show's producers to reprise his role as Spider-Man in EMH, record some dialogue, only to have Loeb and his thugs butt in production and replace his recordings at the last minute with Drake Bell.
    His thugs?

They're just people trying to make the best product availible!