Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Gary Joyce's Avatar

Ah right thanks for that and i agree LorrieK it is a little strange that a comic book having seasons but i suppose if you have the same creative team telling the story for 22/24 issues then it might work.

You know what? This is the kind of move I have come to expect from DC with regards to out-of-favour legacy characters, especially Batgirls.

But I'll never understand the kind of mental contortions some fans put themselves in to justify this crap.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    You know what? This is the kind of move I have come to expect from DC with regards to out-of-favour legacy characters, especially Batgirls.

But I'll never understand the kind of mental contortions some fans put themselves in to justify this crap.
    +1. A dick move is a dick move.

Not Active

I seem to have missed the piracy debate. Darn.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RohanRiderX View Post
    So i had a few hours to calm down... vented to the gf about the situation, she listened to me patiently while she sexed me up. and ... i still cant belive this pisses me off soo much!
    Your girlfriend had sex with you just because a fictional character won't be appearing? Put a ring on it. Now.

My wife would laugh in my face if I told her I was bummed about a comic character not appearing and she should take off my pants to make me feel better. Then tell me to go get the kids dressed.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Your girlfriend had sex with you just because a fictional character won't be appearing? Put a ring on it. Now.

My wife would laugh in my face if I told her I was bummed about a comic character not appearing and she should take off my pants to make me feel better. Then tell me to go get the kids dressed.

-D
    I phrashed i more like "i have had a bad break up with dc comics" Xp either way thank you for the first laugh of the day.
    -this posters ragging on rob leifelds art is not ment as hatred toward the man he is a professional artist and got that way for a reason...however i cannot condone the use of pouches-

"A dick move"

"A stupid business decision"

Comic fans need to get over themselves. These companies don't owe anyone who reads their comics anything. If you like a character more than another, that's fair enough. If you like a teenage girl character enough to think that you've been personally slighted when she doesn't appear for a few years, you might need to grow up.

Default Actually...

...there's a very simple solution that I can't believe DC isn't availing themselves of, since it would let them maximize their profits. It's primarily a digital comic, right? Thus, recoloring and changing the lettering should be a snap. So let the dialogue stand as BQM originally wrote it for Stephanie. Then just offer two versions for download: the Barbara Gordon version with red hair under the wig and the name Barbara, and the Stephanie Brown version with blonde and Steph.

It's really a perfect solution. Dan gets the one, true, most iconic version of Nightwing (Barbara Gordon, natch); he can even make that the first download version on the list and put it in bold, that's fine. Babs fans get to read a funny, lighthearted, self-assured "Barbara Gordon," something I'm sure they've been jonesing for. Steph fans get the small bone originally promised them. BQM gets the story he originally wrote with the character he originally wrote in it. Hell, throw Cassandra Cain in there too for that fanbase; maybe it's not a wig. Then just let the print version be Babs, who cares.

I'm kind of joking, but actually I honestly can't believe they're not doing this. You want to make the most money and please the most people, DC? There's your solution.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy

Quote Originally Posted by Twigglet View Post
    "A dick move"

Comic fans need to get over themselves. These companies don't owe anyone who reads their comics anything.
    Of course they don't. But if that's the message you took away from this thread, you need to read it more carefully. Go back and try again, this time taking emotions out of the equation. We'll all wait, let us know when you're done.

-D
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy

Quote Originally Posted by Twigglet View Post
    "A dick move"

Comic fans need to get over themselves. These companies don't owe anyone who reads their comics anything. If you like a character more than another, that's fair enough. If you like a teenage girl character enough to think that you've been personally slighted when she doesn't appear for a few years, you might need to grow up.
    No.
    10characters
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

I don't understand what's wrong with getting angry when you're promised your favourite burger at a restaurant and then was given fish and chips at the last minute. Stephanie fans thought that they were getting Steph, but then -- no more Steph. It's as simple as that.

Yes I know some Steph fans are (unfairly) hating on Babs for this, and I don't really agree with their behaviour either. But look past that and you'll see that what DC had done is pretty darn dickish on their part.

It is a dick move. I mean it was BQM writing a version of Stephanie Brown. But then again, for me, I really won't settle until it's an in-continuity Stephanie Brown. A New 52 Stephanie Brown. A nice gesture from Miller for a couple issues of a spin-off Superman comic wasn't going to do it for me.

I'm talking about the real Stephanie Brown here, post-Assassin girl school and Cluemaster confrontation.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Of course they don't. But if that's the message you took away from this thread, you need to read it more carefully. Go back and try again, this time taking emotions out of the equation. We'll all wait, let us know when you're done.

-D
    The message I took from this thread is that people will complain over the most silly things, and are way too attached to a fictional character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprillis View Post
    I don't understand what's wrong with getting angry when you're promised your favourite burger at a restaurant and then was given fish and chips at the last minute. Stephanie fans thought that they were getting Steph, but then -- no more Steph. It's as simple as that.

Yes I know some Steph fans are (unfairly) hating on Babs for this, and I don't really agree with their behaviour either. But look past that and you'll see that what DC had done is pretty darn dickish on their part.
    They've changed their comic in the hope that new readers will find it more accessible.

You may not agree with their logic, but this isn't some kind of insult by Didio. It's just a business decision. There are at most a couple of hundred people who actually care about this change enough to let it effect their buying habits.

I used to really like the character Jubilee. She was my favorite. When she was depowered, I didn't cry and moan or anything. I just accepted it as what had happened. No-one is making you buy DC comics.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aprillis View Post

THIS

And what about the writer? I feel worse for him. Dude seemed pretty excited to be writing Steph again. He was even on tumbler and twitter making positive comments on fan art of Steph as Nightwing!! It would be one thing if what he wanted to write would muss with continuity. Or if it was something potentially offensive. How did they let the creative processes get so far that he was able to announce his plans publicly and then yank his chain like this. Steph as Nightwing had to have gotten approved editorial at some point. Or else why would he feel free enough to announce it?