Default Is the story "How Superman would end the war" in the Superman Chronicles?

They claim to collect every Superman appearance in chronological order. DC uses an interesting take on "every" because they're not including the strips. I do wonder whether they include the Superman vs. Hitler and Stalin story, since it was first featured in a magazine not a comic. Does anyone own the volumes that cover the early 40's?
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    They claim to collect every Superman appearance in chronological order. DC uses an interesting take on "every" because they're not including the strips. I do wonder whether they include the Superman vs. Hitler and Stalin story, since it was first featured in a magazine not a comic. Does anyone own the volumes that cover the early 40's?
    I can't answer your question, but the strip you're looking for was reprinted as a bonus at the end of "Superman: Sunday Classics 1939-1943" Which is available dirt cheep at Amazon these days. The book says it was originally a 2-page spread in Look Magazine but the book splits it up over four pages.

That is interesting, I was thinking of getting the Sunday Classics or the Dailies recently.
    Army of Crime

That is interesting, I was thinking of getting the Sunday Classics or the Dailies recently.
    Oh, man, DO. They're GREAT and, like Jocutus said, DIRT CHEAP on Amazon.
    A robotic journey toward the American Dream: MADE in USA.

Absolutely. I don't have the Sundays, but I've got the Dailies from 1939-1942, and those are some of the best Superman comics I've ever read. They actually flow much more easily than the comic books did at the time if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Absolutely. I don't have the Sundays, but I've got the Dailies from 1939-1942, and those are some of the best Superman comics I've ever read. They actually flow much more easily than the comic books did at the time if you ask me.
    Superman was originally conceived as a strip, so that could make a lot of sense.
    Army of Crime

Just got The Dailies and haven't read it yet. Been reading the Chronicles up til vol 6 so far.
    The Storyline mentioned has not been seen so far by me.

Superman was originally conceived as a strip, so that could make a lot of sense.
    I think so, yeah. I read Golden Age comics and the pacing is a bit off, a bit rushed. The strip seems to be very well paced, with the right amount of humor, excitement, etc to keep me interested even if I was reading it day to day. I wonder if it's possible to get ahold of the Dailies after 1942. It's my understanding that the strip ran until the mid sixties.

If it had been up to me, they'd run Superman in the Daily paper even today. I doubt they'd be able to sell that idea though, because except for "Spider-Man" in some places, serialized Adventure strips are pretty much dead. That's a shame. Superman is, after all, the "WORLD'S GREATEST ADVENTURE STRIP CHARACTER!"

BUT! BACK ON TOPIC! Yeah, Superman Chronicles ought to have "What if Superman Ended the War" eventually, but no guarantees. If they say that story is in the Sunday Strip collection, it's in that collection. Just get it there, or look in some of the GREATEST SUPERMAN STORIES EVER TOLD Collections. If memory serves me right then that story is in both the 80s edition and the one from the early 2000s. It's also in SUPERMAN IN THE FORTIES, now that I think about it. I'd almost forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    If it had been up to me, they'd run Superman in the Daily paper even today. I doubt they'd be able to sell that idea though, because except for "Spider-Man" in some places, serialized Adventure strips are pretty much dead. That's a shame. Superman is, after all, the "WORLD'S GREATEST ADVENTURE STRIP CHARACTER!"
    Whoa-whoa-whoa. Prince Valiant? Little Orphan Annie? The Phantom? ... uh ... Yeah, those're all I got ... too bad, too. The funny pages need a good influx of creativity (and comics need a better outlet than specialty stores...)
    A robotic journey toward the American Dream: MADE in USA.