Thread: The issue 0's

Default The issue 0's

Does anyone know if they will have them added into the trades for each title?

I know they will release the big one with all the issue 0's in it but would be nice if say the Swamp Thing #0 was in volume 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Muldwych View Post

I know they will release the big one with all the issue 0's in it but would be nice if say the Swamp Thing #0 was in volume 3.
    My understanding is that the writers were asked to tell stories that both fill in a little of the past and also set up upcoming storylines, so I would assume they will be.

For me, my comics provider had a big sale on all the 0s if you bought them all, and I did so, so I wouldn't mind if they weren't in the trades, so that if I decide to get a trade for something I don't normally buy, there won't be that duplication. But I think they will be.

Yes, they'll be collected. There's no reason for them not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Muldwych View Post

I don't know if DC has officially said if they will or won't, however. And I'm not sure if all of them will fit nicely / logically in every single collected edition. We'll just have to see how they do handle it.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I thought DC said that they'd be collecting all of the #0's like they did with all of the #1's? I could definitely be wrong but for some reason I remember reading that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    I thought DC said that they'd be collecting all of the #0's like they did with all of the #1's? I could definitely be wrong but for some reason I remember reading that somewhere.
    Yes, they are. But the question is, are they also going to include those issues in the trades for each series.

Although, I can see where the fact that this would mean they are reprinting them in two different places might put some doubt on it. I seem to recall some of the Green Lantern trades skipping issues that were involved in a big crossover, since the books for that crossover were all included in one trade.

Yes that has been announced..

New 52 Zero Collection will collect all 55 Zero issues
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

I believe they did say they were collecting all the number 0 issues together into a single volume.

But this topic is asking if the 0 issues will be in the collections of the individual characters, like will Batman 0 be in a Batman collection, or will Aquaman 0 be in an Aquaman collection, etc.

Personally, I could care less about more than half of the "0" issues and would be bummed if I had to buy a 0 collection just to get one or two issues later down the line.

EDIT: I see glennsim said posted most of the same thing while I was still composing my response.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Okay, my mistake.
    I don't know how they'll go forward with collecting #0's, I'd assume it might be handled like annuals are occasionally (with them being an extra "bonus" issue at the end of a trade). To me that seems to be only logical way to go about it as #13 isn't necessarily going to be a direct continuation of whatever happens in #0.