Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's not dismissive, considering that I will continue to buy trades and read.

I also believe that from a literary standpoint, characters with no likable qualities are flawed in a technical sense - that's not how people really are.

BANNED

alright, well... whatever. I'm not going to argue with you about it.

Frankly after two trades i saw Dash as tough guy cliche but after that the characters became more interesting, more real to like they were real people. The art of Guera is also one of the reasons i love this series.

A few issues about Dino made me almost cry. I would say at times it was regular crime drama and times it was noir like Jim Thompson story, its dark,depressing,violent at times but there are real interesting,compelling characters. The fact they are people who loses more than they gain doesnt mean it wasnt a great series.

It made me feel,think about things most current american series dont make you think. I was sad alittle what Dini poor bear have become since he was more innocent kid.....

The way they lived in the rez and i mean the regular characters and not the wealthy gangsters made you think,wonder how people in places like that have it today. To a reader outside US you dont often wonder how they live today, the ones that dont have it so good.
    Last edited by Libaax; 08-01-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Well that's it. The end of an era.

I'm sad I don't have any more Scalped to read, but happy it ended when it was still great. I would have hated to lose interest like I often do with series. I am going to have to read the whole series in one go soon.

The characters started being more likeable from the second volume. I don't really remember, but think I started rooting for Red Crow at about that time. I think he might well be my favourite fictional character in any medium (maybe Bubbles from the Wire would be in his ball park).
    Chew, Daredevil, Fatale, Mind The Gap, The Sixth Gun and The Walking Dead

The name of the dog at the end.....damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rolacka View Post
    Well that's it. The end of an era.

I'm sad I don't have any more Scalped to read, but happy it ended when it was still great. I would have hated to lose interest like I often do with series. I am going to have to read the whole series in one go soon.

The characters started being more likeable from the second volume. I don't really remember, but think I started rooting for Red Crow at about that time. I think he might well be my favourite fictional character in any medium (maybe Bubbles from the Wire would be in his ball park).
    60 issues for a creator-own series that was very well produced by the creators and ending the series the wat they wanted to, wonderful.

Thank you Jason, R.M., and the rest of the crew on the book.
    Who's there?

Well done and thank you.
    I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.

Conan, The Goon, Astro City, Criminal, Love and Rockets, Fatale, Saga, The Rocketeer

Dang, it's done. But done well. I plan on binding my issues into hardcovers soon. After the final issue, which was much different than I expected, but perfectly logical to the story, this stands as one of my all time favorite series.
    Thanks Jason and R.M.
    Now top it!

Picked up the first trade last week, second one yesterday and going to get the third asap. Really liking this story. Walked into the comics store, didn't have what I wanted so I bought Indian Country and now it's on.

I find a lot of comics to be very, um, fictional. Sci fi, superhero, monsters etc. I dig that Scalped is more believable, and am already recommending it to people. So good job Jason and R.M., you hooked a picky reader.