Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Sales Estimates for June, 2012 - AvX, Before Watchmen Dominate Top 10

Marvel's AvX remained at the top of the sales charts for June, while DC's "Batman" and "Justice League" were joined in the top ten by every Before Watchmen debut and "The Walking Dead" easily took the #1 trade slot.

Full article here.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ok judging from the ICV2 numbers of June. I can get a few things from this.

1.) Fans do not care about creators feelings towards DC pissing on Alan Moore and his characters of Watchmen. Not with sales we saw well above 100,000+

2.) DC likely now has a new franchise and will likely move these characters into DVDs and more. This was easy $$$$ for them.

3.) The Walking Dead is becoming a FORCE now . With the #100 issue just coming out and season #3 ahead , its like a fucking locomotive. DC and Marvel have to be sitting there rubbing their chins thinking ...hmmm... hmmmm now that is how its done. Popular TV show , spurns comic to higher sales.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Mars Attacks #1 sold 43,000 copies -which explains how IDW did so well in the market share figures.

Didn't they have a ludicrous number of covers though?

Saga #4 is at 40,000-odd and still rising.

That Avengers Vs X-Men is adding sales at this point in its run is remarkable. Typical event comics trail off in sales as they proceed.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    That Avengers Vs X-Men is adding sales at this point in its run is remarkable. Typical event comics trail off in sales as they proceed.
    It probably means that retailers misjudged interest and underordered the first issues, rather than that interest is increasing.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Mars Attacks #1 sold 43,000 copies -which explains how IDW did so well in the market share figures.

Didn't they have a ludicrous number of covers though?
    One for every card in the original series and some variants on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ok judging from the ICV2 numbers of June. I can get a few things from this.

1.) Fans do not care about creators feelings towards DC pissing on Alan Moore and his characters of Watchmen. Not with sales we saw well above 100,000+
    There's zero way of determining how much of that is retailer speculation, but given that these are minis numbers may wind up stronger than expected overall.

Also, there're are lot of interesting little gains here and there throughout the list not related to events. I wonder why.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    There's zero way of determining how much of that is retailer speculation
    I wonder the same thing about Dark Avengers. I just can't believe Thunderbolts doubled in orders by adding Avengers to it's name . . .

Marvel's dominance continues to impress.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    I wonder the same thing about Dark Avengers. I just can't believe Thunderbolts doubled in orders by adding Avengers to it's name . . .
    Doubling is surprising, but getting a boost isn't. I think DC once did something similar by simply making the Batman in the title of Detective Comics more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    Marvel's dominance continues to impress.
    That .74% margin of victory sure is a drubbing.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post

That .74% margin of victory sure is a drubbing.
    Yeaaaaahh .... .74% means utter whup ass ! Make mine Marvel...lol
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Every time I step into these threads it just makes me lose a little more faith in the industry. Crossover events just plain work, no matter how much fans complain about them. Character loyalty and #1 issues just plain work, even if the creative team that make those characters what they are have been abandoned. Cheap money grab gimmicks like 50+ variants on a licensed title, it just fucking works. Story and art, irrelevant.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress