Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ultimate Iron Man?

Im looking for some good iron man to read and have just discovered the Ultimate universe.. Any recommendations on the best iron man stories ultimate style!?
    Pull List: Aquaman, Death of the Family, Ultimate Comics Spider Man, Uncanny Avengers, Secret Service, Locke and Key & I, Vampire

Ultimates 1+2, Ultimate Armor Wars and Ultimate Human.
    Comics are more better.

Elder Member

Ultimate Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man II, Ultimate Gah-Lak-Tus trilogy, Ultimate Human, Ultimate Armor Wars, and the current on-going comic Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates.

NOTE: Iron Man 1 and 2 are NOT CANON any more. They have been retconned so that the stories in those comics are a TV show in the ultimate universe... But to be fair they are the weakest Ult Iron Man stories.

The best ones including Iron Man are Ultimates 1 and 2, Ultimate Armor Wars, Ultimate Human, and the Ultimate Galactus trilogy.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    NOTE: Iron Man 1 and 2 are NOT CANON any more. They have been retconned so that the stories in those comics are a TV show in the ultimate universe... But to be fair they are the weakest Ult Iron Man stories.

The best ones including Iron Man are Ultimates 1 and 2, Ultimate Armor Wars, Ultimate Human, and the Ultimate Galactus trilogy.
    Why does it matter that they aren't canon?

Just in case there's any confusion with why Tony ISN'T MADE OF BRAIN IN ANY OTHER BOOKS. Ahem. Yeah.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

On Vacation

Just in case there's any confusion with why Tony ISN'T MADE OF BRAIN IN ANY OTHER BOOKS. Ahem. Yeah.
    Well there was that one moment in Ultimate Human when Bruce and Tony are talking.

I think Ellis was being deliberately ambiguous on that. Whenever I read it I can't tell whether Bruce is referring to the Iron man mini or just calling Tony really, really smart.

I think Ellis was being deliberately ambiguous on that. Whenever I read it I can't tell whether Bruce is referring to the Iron man mini or just calling Tony really, really smart.
    I'm assuming that he was trying to keep the continuity consistent.

I still think that Ultimate Iron Man I and II are valid entries on a "must read" list. I don't know why everyone thinks they're so terrible.
    Last edited by Broseidon; 07-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.
    Its not where you take things from - its where you take them to.

―Jean Luc-Godard

Are you saying that Ellis wrote Ultiimate Iron Man I and II? Because he didn't.

Yeah, whoops, he wrote Armor Wars and Ultimate Human. My bad.
    Its not where you take things from - its where you take them to.

―Jean Luc-Godard

I agree with this plus the ongoing Ultimates. Whilst it doesn't matter that UIM 1&2 aren't canon they also aren't very good either in my opinion.

ultimate human seems pretty sweet. I think i might start with that one! thanks for all the advice!
    Pull List: Aquaman, Death of the Family, Ultimate Comics Spider Man, Uncanny Avengers, Secret Service, Locke and Key & I, Vampire

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Fan2232 View Post
    ultimate human seems pretty sweet. I think i might start with that one! thanks for all the advice!
    Don't forget Ultimates 1 and 2 they are a must read and have some good Iron Man moments.

PS the new Marvel movies have taken much inspiration from Ultimates 1 and 2.

Pretty much anything with Ultimate Iron Man in it is a good read. Watching him get repeatedly obliterated in Ultimate War was freaking hilarious and awesome.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!