Junior Member Sean@CharitablePress's Avatar

Default Kid-Friendly compilation comic book for St. Jude's: Creators Needed

We are currently putting together a compilation comic book where the proceeds will be donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

This is strictly a volunteer project, as every cent beyond the cost of printing will be donated to St. Jude's. However, it WILL be published and your name WILL appear in the public eye, in as high profile a manner as possible.

Plus, you'll be doing it for a great cause.

I realize that work and time isn't free, so we're only asking for 6-8 colored pages. Please make the stories kid-friendly, though they don't necessarily need to be kid-only. I am actually using one of my own ongoing titles, with slight edits to the dialog, rather than creating an entirely new story just for this project. This is a special project, outside of our normal publishing operations, but this does not mean that you need to create a brand new story if you already have one that's ready to go.

You are welcome and encouraged to join in on the project. This will be a 48-50 page book, so that is how many stories we can accept. Once the slots are full, they're full.

Here's one page of one story that will be in the book. All of the stories will be colored, since that will make the images much more vivid for the kids who read them. We still need more artists....as of now, we've only got half of the story slots claimed.

What's the deadline for this project?

We're trying to give people as much time as possible to finish, since it's strictly volunteer work. All we need is a 6-8 page story by late October.

Could definitely use inkers, colorists, and letterers now. We've got some good stories being worked on.

Wow! I just received the second-to-last page of one of the stories that we'll have in our St. Jude's charity comic book. I can't show it because it reveals the ending of the story, but it is GREAT!!! I absolutely love it and I'm pumped to have this kind of quality in our book...the kids will get a kick out of it!

Happily, this page (and entire story) is colored. There is still the 4-page story that I posted about 3 replies ago, however, that needs a colorist attached. As you can see, it's pro artwork and you will get publication credit and a portfolio boost.