Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    We all saw Fantomex dying, but I'm kind of sad that Gateway died so unceremoniously.
    True. I mourn Gateway more and isn't this like his 2nd or third death? Didn't Carey kill him in Messiah Complex (or try to)?

Retired

Generally, I enjoyed this issue. I was intrigued by the return of Mystique and the Shadow King, and adding Phil Noto to the mix cemented my decision, but the book is still somewhat flawed in my opinion. None of the content within UXF makes me want to invest in any of its characters. Any residual feelings come from elsewhere. Because of that, Fantomex's sacrifice fell flat. It had no real emotional impact. It was over and done and that was that.

I also find the notion of Daken leading the new Brotherhood a little ridiculous. I've never really felt like he was much of a threat, and it's a shame to see more compelling characters (Mystique, the Shadow King, even Sabretooth) under his thumb. He came off as something akin to a teenage version of one of Aaron's Hellfire Brats. That's not a good thing.

Adding EVA to the roster is a nice touch, but as with Whedon before him, I can't help feeling a little embarrassed to see Remender trying to impersonate Morrison's greatness by revisiting so many of the elements introduced in New X-Men.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

I think Gateway got thrown on the fire just to squash the thought he would teleport them out of the explosion.

But I'm sure EVA 2.0 got them out or something. I have NO idea what this future/alternate world second-act is:

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Gotta wonder, considering that Gateway was the second death of this issue, does that mean Betsy may be safe?

Either way, X-Force is gonna need a new headquarters after this is over.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Gateway can project illusions. He was probably dreamwalking when his neck was snapped. I'm sure he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gotta wonder, considering that Gateway was the second death of this issue, does that mean Betsy may be safe?

Either way, X-Force is gonna need a new headquarters after this is over.
    It's safe to say Psylocke is safe. I can't wait to see her beat the crap out of Mystique.

And I think Ultimatum died too, he blew himself up. So that's 3 deaths....

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Generally, I enjoyed this issue. I was intrigued by the return of Mystique and the Shadow King, and adding Phil Noto to the mix cemented my decision, but the book is still somewhat flawed in my opinion. None of the content within UXF makes me want to invest in any of its characters. Any residual feelings come from elsewhere. Because of that, Fantomex's sacrifice fell flat. It had no real emotional impact. It was over and done and that was that.

I also find the notion of Daken leading the new Brotherhood a little ridiculous. I've never really felt like he was much of a threat, and it's a shame to see more compelling characters (Mystique, the Shadow King, even Sabretooth) under his thumb. He came off as something akin to a teenage version of one of Aaron's Hellfire Brats. That's not a good thing.

Adding EVA to the roster is a nice touch, but as with Whedon before him, I can't help feeling a little embarrassed to see Remender trying to impersonate Morrison's greatness by revisiting so many of the elements introduced in New X-Men.
    Exactly how I feel.

I know the stakes are supposed to be high in this arc, but I'm just not feeling it. It's a fun read and all, but there's no emotional impact. Maybe it's the characters? I always feel more reactive to Remender's Venom than to his X-Force.

I was just telling darknessatnoon how I read today's issue of Ultimate X-Men right after reading this and it felt more scary and tense, even though there were no deaths or big twists. And it was my first Ultimate X-Men issue in a long time, so my investment in the characters shouldn't be big at all.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    I seriously don't understand what people see in this comic. I was bored all the way through.
    That's because you're dead inside.

YAY! Humanoid Eva finally appears in the modern era! Here's hoping she scraps Danger's metallic ass AND steals Madison Jeffries from her. I don't pick this up until the weekend--please tell me that Psylocke was butt-nekkid while she was wearing Fantomex(RIP)'s mask! Even if she wasn't, that's how I'm imagining it until I get the issue for myself!

Is this book really canceled after Final Execution? Or is it just gonna be re-launched as All New X-Force?
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    That's because you're dead inside.

YAY! Humanoid Eva finally appears in the modern era! Here's hoping she scraps Danger's metallic ass AND steals Madison Jeffries from her. I don't pick this up until the weekend--please tell me that Psylocke was butt-nekkid while she was wearing Fantomex(RIP)'s mask! Even if she wasn't, that's how I'm imagining it until I get the issue for myself!

Is this book really canceled after Final Execution? Or is it just gonna be re-launched as All New X-Force?
    Who said its being cancelled???

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/unca...otherhood.html

This interview had alot of good info check it out it looks like uncanny Avengers is the aftermath of uncanny X-force in a way.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I think Gateway getting his exposed cheeks towel-snapped in a locker room-esque prank would have had more visceral impact. Not some overdone necksnap.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Am I the only one that didn't like Morrison's run?

I agree, Daken leading the Brotherhood is kinda weird with Sabretooth recently becoming the "Invisible King of East Asian Crime".

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    You've mention this a number of times. What gives you the idea that the book has been canceled?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't like Morrison's run?
    I hated Morrisons run. The writing, the artwork, the crap uniforms. It was awful, this beats anything Morrison has ever done by a long shot.

words
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    agreements
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    sass
    You're all numb inside like Psylocke!