Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default does the upcoming talon series have much potential?

to me it just looks like a way to extend the court of owls story(which a lot of people are sick of by now)and being a brand new character there's not much to say about him...nothing to really make people say that he's gonna be an awesome hero
    he's just a random talon that managed to escape

not saying the series will flop but it's not really screaming must buy at the moment
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

I'm enjoying Court of Owls, but I'm reading in trades so perhaps it's something more suited to that way of reading. As for Talon, I know very little about the character other than what you've said and I'm certainly not going to judge based on those origins. I'll agree that it's not doing much to make itself a must buy but I can't count the number of comics I got in to based on a speculative purchase - perhaps this will be the same.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I'm enjoying Court of Owls, but I'm reading in trades so perhaps it's something more suited to that way of reading.
    CoO was a lot better than NotO. And the Talons are more of a NotO thing.

Every series has potential. That's a silly question.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

No potential for me. I have no interest in a new character and series since I have enough Gotham/Bat books to follow at the moment. I didn't find the Court interesting enough to make me want to follow one of their rogues.
    Chill!

Absolutely it has potential, even based on the creative team alone. Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV will be writing it, Guillem March will be drawing it, and it features a rogue talon as the protagonist; this sounds like a recipe for a book worth picking up. I don't think Calvin Rose's costume looks quite as cool as William Cobb's, but it could grow on me.

I predict it gets cancelled by the end of its second story arc.
    Chill!

Hard to say without having read any issue yet, but the costume for the 0 issue doesn't grab me.

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm curious about what James Tynion IV can do alone, I've heard that it's basically his story. Though I'm expecting him to seem like Snyder-lite for at least the first few issues before he starts doing his own thing.

BANNED

Talon looks like the poor man's Azrael.

Every title has potential but not every title manages to reach it. What I think is interesting is that people raise a hue and cry when a writer decides to change some aspect of an existing character and ask why a new character wasn't created instead if they wanted to have a character with those attributes but when a completely unknown character is given a title they are not interested, in part at least, because it's a new character they know nothing about.

For myself I think it sounds interesting on paper and the creative team sounds solid. I will be giving it a try in September and I'll be hoping that it'll be something I'll enjoy reading every month.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Of course someone had to bring up that it wasn't a character that they wanted back from being gone from continuity.
    Way I see it is that Azrael will be back as a more meaningful character. With all of this magic stuff in the DCU tied close to religion now, I think it won't be long before Azrael is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I thought I saw a poor man's Aquaman-wannabe-look with that costume, though.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'd be curious to know when this idea was pitched, what made DC think this title would be profitable? Was Night of the Owls that popular with fans? Was it based on the merits of the writer? Did they want to experiment to see if a new character would sell?
    Chill!

im interested in it and will definitely be adding it to my pull since I'm dropping most of my marvel stuff and it has potential and i think it will live up to it