Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Is Planetoid any good?

I remember being interested when the first issue came out, but forgot to check it out.

Now the second ish is coming out today, and I think the art looks really nice. I was just curious if anyone read the first issue and what they thought?
    ZombieHavoc don't shiv.

Issue #1 was good and I'm looking forward to reading issue #2. The story is good but the art really makes the book.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    Issue #1 was good and I'm looking forward to reading issue #2. The story is good but the art really makes the book.
    Agreed. The story in issue 1 felt kind of thin but it set things up nicely. Awesome, detailed art.

Yes. Yes it is.

Yep, its worth a look.
    Can do a lot worse than 32 pages of story for $2.99 :)

Is it an on-going or a mini ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    Is it an on-going or a mini ?
    I think it's just a 5 issue mini
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    I think it's just a 5 issue mini
    I think it's actually 6 issues long. Anyway, yes, the story is good, not groundbreaking, but it's cool. The art is by far the best of the book. Much of the first issue is without dialogue and the arts speaks for itself.

Cool. Right now I prefer minis then new on-goings. Image have so many great series coming out lately, I can't keep up with all of them :(

Highly recommended if you love sci-fi art. I just reviewed the second issue at my signature. Good stuff.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I havn't read it yet, but I've heard good reviews yes !

I have been thinking about getting it. I really like the art, but the story seemed...meh from what I read. How long would you read a series if the art was amazing but the story wasn't medicre?

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyhorse View Post
    I have been thinking about getting it. I really like the art, but the story seemed...meh from what I read. How long would you read a series if the art was amazing but the story wasn't medicre?
    Well, its only a mini anyway.

I always tend to give a book a few issues to grab me. Usually 3 unless i downright hate the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Well, its only a mini anyway.

I always tend to give a book a few issues to grab me. Usually 3 unless i downright hate the first issue.
    Ok good to know. I am working on a comic, and I know the art will be great and the story will be good, but I don't know how many issues it will take for it to hit it's stride. I read 5 or 6 of Fatale before I just gave up on it despite loving the art.

The writing definitely isn't as sophisticated as say... Prophet or Manhattan Projects. But I dig it. Issue 2 was pretty good.