Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Harley Quinn was the Jokers daughter before she was his girlfriend, seriously.
    You read it, you can't unread it!
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Just replayed City, eager for more now. As much as I enjoyed the 70's Batman skin, I'm kinda hoping that any silver age content will be through flashbacks. Maybe the Harley dlc was a trial run for flashbacks within the narrative of the game to see how well received it would be?

the currently untitled game isn't expected to be released until 2014 at the earliest.
    noooooooooooooooo!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

The first enounter thing seems like a strange approach, but I hope we get some good alternate characters out of this. I'd like to see Robin and Batgirl playable of course, as well as some of the Justice League (Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Black Canary, Green Lantern, Hawkwoman, and Green Arrow would all be cool choices).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    noooooooooooooooo!
    I don't think we could expect any less. We waited.. What, three years or so between Asylum and City, so it was to be expected. Plus, I don't think any of us want them rushing a game out; These games feel special, better than the once a year, fifty quid a pop COD games.

You either die a good series or you live long enough to see yourself become Batman & Robin

No one likes my sub-game idea?

Too active?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    You either die a good series or you live long enough to see yourself become Batman & Robin
    I see what you did there.

heh

Aww, I wanted third Batman game. Come on, their still Hush walking around and Scarecrow and his secrets. I bet Warner Bros. wanted Rocksteady to make this game to promote the Justice League movie, really.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Yes, indeed.

Haven't really played the Arkham games yet, but I read about this on Wikipedia, and it quiet intrigued me. It seems that lately, DC and WB have been making a conscious effort to revive the Silver Age Batman mythos and aesthetics. It started with Grant Morrison's run bringing the crazy 50's Silver Age stuff back into continuity. Then we had Batman Brave and the Bold. And now...this.

I must admit the Justice League part is hard to reconcile with Batman's first encounter with the Joker...unless of course, the game is just a glimpse into an early period of Batman's career, covering several events from this time frame-from the JL formation, to Batman's first encounter with Joker, and other stuff.

I think it might be too early for Batgirl, but we could definitely see old-school Dick Grayson Robin! And I hope Batman is wearing the classic blue and grey 'New Look' costume...

I just don't think that this one will have as wide an appeal as the Arkham games, and it does seem like a rather shameless tie-in. I'm sure it will be good, I just wish they went the NML route instead
    Too broke for a pull list.

Can't they do one single game without the Joker?
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    Harley Quinn was the Jokers daughter before she was his girlfriend, seriously.
    You read it, you can't unread it!
    Firstly, that was a completely different character, whose name was Harlequin, not Harley Quinn.

And secondly, she only called herself Joker's daughter. She was actually Two-Face's daughter. Her real name was Duela Dent.

World'sGreatest Defective Tzara's Avatar

This was reported on months ago - but I guess it's nice to have more confirmation on the matter... and adding Supes into the mix sounds fantastic. He needs a good game. They should just scrap the Bat-centric focus and make a JLA game though. Hire Grant Morrison to write the script and I'll buy ten copies.