Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    While I agree with you that this is a perfect book for Fury JR and the rest of the characters on the team (except for Hulk), I think that the DOLLHOUSE ripoff idea (which was a ripoff of the comic book SPYBOY) is a stupid idea that doesn't make much sense for these characters and smacks of another writer who is trying to break into Hollywood by blatantly ripping off a short lived ratings flop of a TV series. IMO, Nick Spencer is an over rated writer who writes boring as hell talking heads superhero stories. I rather a book like this be given to someone like Larry Hama to write. Of course, that most likely would never happen since Hama isn't currently considered a "popular" and "critically acclaimed" hip writer by Marvel editors.

While off topic but since you mention him I'd kill for him to write that and GOTG

Oh what awesome dreams they be

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    Think Falcon will be right behind him with the Cap 2 movie and new avengers cartoon.
    With all of the mutant and Avenger stuff going on, I was really hoping that Falcon, Storm, and Black Panther would end up being Avengers or X-Men again. Totally underused characters that deserve more spotlight.

I have no issues with the new Nick Fury. All I'll say is that it's a tad forced how they went about bringing the character in regular continuity but honestly, Marvel needs more new characters and fresh ideas. This is a good start I think.

I really enjoyed Spencer's THUNDER Agents and am confident he can bring that fun super hero espionage vibe to this book. The Avengers film has given these characters a lift. Hopefully that exposure and some fresh storylines will carry this series to success.
    Maria, Nick Jr., Coulson, Barton and Nat. That is a lot of butt kicking to go around.

Fury is looking good in Secret Avengers

Fury was pretty badass in SA
    Buy The Punisher