View Poll Results: Which Bat-titles will you be picking up in October?

Voters
85. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Talon #1

26 30.59%
  • Batman, Incorporated #5

49 57.65%
  • Batman #13

66 77.65%
  • Detecive Comics #13

41 48.24%
  • Batman: The Dark Knight #13

28 32.94%
  • Batman & Robin #13

30 35.29%
  • Batgirl #13

24 28.24%
  • Batwoman #13

31 36.47%
  • Batwing #13

17 20.00%
  • Birds of Prey #13

19 22.35%
  • Catwoman #13

22 25.88%
  • Red Hood & the Outlaws #13

24 28.24%
  • Nightwing #13

37 43.53%
  • Legends of the Dark Knight #1

17 20.00%
  • Batman Beyond Unlimited #9

10 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I voted for and will be buying:

Batman
    Detective
    Incorporated
    Talon
    Catwoman
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    At least initially he sounds like a Wolverine-Lite if he has the same regenerative talon powers and probably runs around with hand held talon claws. Talon is to an owl as Catman is to cats as to they both come across as very generic C-list equivalencies to Batman.
    Catman is a villain, not a C-list Batman hero ripoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Offhand, it strikes me as something that would have about the same amount of appeal as say, Batwing. But if the first few issues blow us away with awesomeness, that could change. I'm sure going to give it a try.
    I might give it a try digitally. The last time a mostly untried writer took something popular, slapped it on a character and gave them a solo over previous, more popular characters, great things happened.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    So, I'm taking it no one likes Tom DeFalco? I never read any of his stuff (I don't think), but people don't seem too optimistic.
    I haven't read much of his stuff either, but Higgins seems to be hitting his stride on the title. So its just a little weird that someone else coming in. Plus i just read Tom DeFalco butcher one of my very favorite character's origin in Ant-Man: Season One, and that certainly doesn't help.

Poor Dick Grayson. He had the best writers when he was Batman... now he's back to B-list status with Z-list writers.

So sad that one of pop culture's recognized icons (Robin) had to transform into a completely irrelevant character to appease the fanboy delusion that he's "stepping out of Batman's shadow..."

... only to become a nobody.

Well he might not be Batman anymore, but he still seems to do pretty good for a "nobody".

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well he might not be Batman anymore, but he still seems to do pretty good for a "nobody".
    "pretty good"
    "decent"
    "solid"

These are the most common descriptions of any Nightwing story. The best he can strive for is formulaic mediocrity. So sad. He's the first Robin for god's sakes! Everybody knows him, he deserves the best writers and artists. Not "just alright."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLily View Post
    "pretty good"
    "decent"
    "solid"

These are the most common descriptions of any Nightwing story. The best he can strive for is formulaic mediocrity. So sad. He's the first Robin for god's sakes! Everybody knows him, he deserves the best writers and artists. Not "just alright."
    Like who? Tony Daniel, Judd Winick, Pete Tomasi, or some new name trying to break into mainstream? Because besides Morrison, who was always wring his Batman story, thats what he got as Batman. Now i don't disagree, he deserves the best writers and artists, but there is no reason he shouldn't be getting it as Nightwing. U might consider Nightwing a "nobody", but Nightwing has done rather well for DC. So the audience is certainly there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-12-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Let's see:

Talon #1
    Batman #13
    Batgirl #13 & Annual (Figures. I was just about to the drop the title for trade waiting when they bring the Talon back in to get me interested in knowing right away)
    Batwoman #13

BANNED

"pretty good"
    "decent"
    "solid"

Amen to thata. The bar is just set so low with Nightwing stories. As if the book wasn't bad enough without Tom Defalco.

I'll be getting Birds of Prey, Batgirl, and Batgirl Annual. I really like the BoP cover.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66

Batman 13
    Batman and Robin 13
    Nightwing 13

Maybe...

Talon 1

Poor Dick Grayson. He had the best writers when he was Batman... now he's back to B-list status with Z-list writers.

So sad that one of pop culture's recognized icons (Robin) had to transform into a completely irrelevant character to appease the fanboy delusion that he's "stepping out of Batman's shadow..."

... only to become a nobody.
    Half of the writers that wrote him as Batman are still writing him as Nightwing. They didn't just disappear. He's doing fine despite your need to have him as Batman. Trying to force everyone into Legacy roles is what's delusional and a large factor in why so many heroes have been killed over the years. It creates congestion that Didio & Co 'naturally' feel they have to cull.

Lawful Good Poison Primal Bunny's Avatar

Batman & Batman The Dark Knight

Only worthy title to me is Legend of the Dark Knight. Really great stories are in it. Hope it gets the attention it deserves.

BANNED

So excited for Batman #13 can't wait to see what synder has planned for the Joker. Him and Capullo have become my favorite creative team of this whole reboot. Also looking forward to Talon #1 wish Capullo was doing the art.