Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CCI EXCLUSIVE: Brandon Seifert Raises Hell With Clive Barker's Cenobites

"Witch Doctor" creator Brandon Seifert discusses chronicling the adventures of new Pinhead Kirsty Cotton BOOM! Studios' in upcoming "Hellraiser: The Road Below" 4-issue miniseries.

Full article here.

Still loathe Kirsty's Cenobite costume, at least as it's depicted in the interiors of the main book, but that's a nitpick. I'll be picking this up.

I can't wait to show some of the concepts I'm working right now. Meanwhile, I have this Pinhead I did a while ago just for fun...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	527094_3701597971144_1025687864_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	96907

Zounds! Very cool indeed.

Hellraiser is Clive's baby so I suppose he can do whatever he wants with it, but the cenobites I know are NOT cosmic cops. They don't care about punishing bad people, just "exploring the further regions of experience". Is Clive really OKing all of this stuff? He lambasted Hellraiser: Inferno for messing with the mythos too much, but this is exactly what Inferno did, turn the cenobites into moral judges who use the puzzles to lure sinners into a trap, mindrape them, then lecture them for their failings before ripping them apart.

He's one of the people writing the main Hellraiser Comic series, so i guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by felix77 View Post
    He's one of the people writing the main Hellraiser Comic series, so i guess so.
    I realize he is, he's about the only person Boom ever promotes even though it seems like his supposed co-writers are the ones doing all the work.

Smile

Very nice (the artwork).

I must agree with Last Son about the moralizing, that's a very simplistic interpretation of things as you can see by the really excellent new series by Barker and his writers. I'd rather Kirsty not be a 'hero' but a loser, that would be more courageous and interesting by far.

To see how she 'carries on' as it were. She's not making the 'right moves' at all (I'm up to Issue #7) 'Hell' so called is not a place for a Christian to 'get right', but it is 'funny' how it is looked at that way.

It's the culture of easy resolutions that is at work.

Hellraiser has, in my opinion always gone against that, that is until Mr. Barker had to say goodbye to it for awhile.

I don't particularly agree with Mr. Seifert about Frank, his point of view is that Frank got to hell by 'looking for a good time', it's quite clear that there is more to Frank, in fact it would be nice for Frank to return to Hellraiser someday. He was really very exciting.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to what Mr. Seifert and Mr. Roberson are putting together in this new 4 part series. I'm very sad about the series ending soon, so at least there is more...

Is the main series ending soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Arse Face View Post
    Is the main series ending soon?
    It hasn't ended it hasn't yet started. The regular series ends at about issue #20. This Mini called Hellriaser Road Below is 4 Issues. It begins in October 31st..