View Poll Results: Which teacher leaves?

Voters
110. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Wolverine

6 5.45%
  • Rogue

55 50.00%
  • Iceman

15 13.64%
  • Rachel

9 8.18%
  • Chamber

1 0.91%
  • Frenzy

1 0.91%
  • Gambit

13 11.82%
  • Cannonball

0 0%
    1 0.91%
  • Lockheed

0 0%
  • Doop

2 1.82%
  • Mimic

1 0.91%
  • Beast

3 2.73%
  • Kitty

0 0%
  • Toad (although, not sure he counts as a teacher)

3 2.73%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Rogue's out, now I'm thinking Storm's in. And Hope is the new student.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Rogue's out, now I'm thinking Storm's in. And Hope is the new student.
    storm can't stand teaching, jarrod.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    storm can't stand teaching, jarrod.
    Storm wanted to teach originally. Sucklops cried like a baby, so she stayed to nanny him.

Besides, after AVX9, bitch need a paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Besides, after AVX9, bitch need a paycheck.
    She's got Mutants Sans Frontieres

Magik still seems too advanced to be a student. As for her age, sometimes she is drawn teenagerish, other times a young adult. Zeb Wells did say she is around the age of the other New Mutants, so who knows. If she is going to Wolverine & the X-Men, I think a Dark Arts teacher would be cooler.

Rogue seems like a good candidate for leaving the school. Didn't Remender say she would only be in Uncanny Avengers? Storm also might lead the X-Men, especially if you heard the news about today's issue.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Magik's age is hard to pin down, all we can really say for sure is that she traveled back in time a year to the start of New Mutants V3 so she artificially gained a year at least. She probably aged a bit in limbo too between QFM and X-Infernus, but she could easily be under 18 still and I would say she definitely isn't as old as her NM peers (who should be early-mid 20s now). In QFM she appeared at the age she "died" which was 15, and age wise the New X-Men have usually been portrayed as her peers.

BANNED

re: storm, i still don't see it. she bolted from xavier's the minute his school went public. and she bristled at jean when she tried to mock up some school uniform for storm.

storm passes her knowledge on through individual lessons, not a class setting.

anyway, lol @ magik even considering going back to school.

JGS promotes non-traditional learning structures. This school isn't being headed by dinosaurs like Charles Xavier or Emma Frost, it Headmistress Kitty FUCKING Pryde!

Re: Illyana, I doubt she'd elect to enroll. If it happens it'll be a forced thing instead of incarceration (see: Quinten Quire). Which could happen if the P5 are held accountable.

My money's on Hope being the new student though. She'll go to prom with Evan. <3<3

I thought she traveled though Limbo for several years in search of the bloodstones? I would have to reread those issues. I think it was done to age her near the other New Mutants.

Again, I am open to her being on the title. I think a nutty dark arts teacher would be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I thought she traveled though Limbo for several years in search of the bloodstones? I would have to reread those issues. I think it was done to age her near the other New Mutants.

Again, I am open to her being on the title. I think a nutty dark arts teacher would be more appropriate.
    Well, she said she did, but at the end of NM I think it was implied she just went back a year to enact her Legion scheme and everything else was a lie. I'll have reread it too, but even at the time Illyana never really seemed portrayed as an adult imo, either in her actions or visual. She still isn't tbh, even now in Uncanny both she and Hope seem cast as "teens" with the group.

She seems older than Hope, but younger than the other team members for sure.

Much of it has to do with her. She has already done the "school" thing. It would feel like several step backwards to me, especially given her role in the last year or so.

The speculation is interesting! To be honest, I'm not sure anyone has a solid clue what happens to any of the Phoenix Five post AvX.

Most of the New Mutants fall within the range of 18 to 25 max, Magik should be about 18 to 19.

Edit: And I hope Marvel doesn't abandon her to become wall paper in WaTX. Aaron's style is about doing over the top stuff and in doing such, he often leaves characters behind, until he does spotlight issues on them. I'd rather Marvel nut up and give Magik a series or move her to a satellite team book where someone can give her decent development.
    Last edited by Wellman; 08-01-2012 at 01:06 PM.

I voted Gambit because of his ongoing. It sounds like he'll be leaving the school for quite a while.

Retired

Newsarama has an interview up with Jason Aaron:

Nrama: Right, the status quo was quickly overturned by AvX, and it looks like things will once again be very different at the other side of that.

Aaron: The cast will be shaken up a little bit. A couple of characters will go away. We’ll have at least one high-profile addition. There will be a whole new role for Angel. A couple of our students will go directions they certainly did not anticipate. The Hellfire Club will up their game in a big way, as they suddenly have a whole new objective in mind in terms of how to deal with the Jean Grey School. For the first big arc that starts with #18, the main villain will be none other than Frankenstein’s Monster, who comes to Salem Center with his very own murder circus. So it's basically the X-Men versus Frankenstein’s Murder Circus.

Issue #18, the first post-AvX issue will deal with some of the fallout. There’s massive fallout from that book in terms of the X-Men universe.
    Starting to think Rachel might be on the way out. =[
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A²: Mutant League Champions 2013

BANNED

Hopefully HUSK gets a bigger role.