Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I can't stand this Huntress. I got my hopes up because this is the only place Helena Bertinelli exists now, and Johns blew it.
    Wow that just makes me depressed thanks ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    Ugh i hate this version of the Huntress or at least the actress playing her she's such a spoiled little brat rebelling at daddy and his money, the only redeeming value this has is it means that this will be more like comic books in the sense that people come and go and come back again instead of becoming a boring villian of the week that Ollie defeats and is never heard of seen from again.
    I think she was more rebelling at her dad killing her fiance.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I think she was more rebelling at her dad killing her fiance.
    Yeah but she comes off as a spoiled brat who wants to get back at daddy dearest... does that sound anything remotely like any version of Huntress you know?

Yeah but she comes off as a spoiled brat who wants to get back at daddy dearest... does that sound anything remotely like any version of Huntress you know?
    None of the characters on the show resemble their comic analogues. Huntress was particularly bad because her story was more generic than usual and the actress wasn't very good given that role.

Well she was trying to get back at her dad... he killed her fiance. And lets see, comes from a mafia family, uses a crossbow and has anger issues. Yeah that does sound like a version of Huntress to me. I just think they coulda played up her anger more. And admittedly her actress wasn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithparc View Post
    None of the characters on the show resemble their comic analogues. Huntress was particularly bad because her story was more generic than usual and the actress wasn't very good given that role.
    I'd say most these characters do resemble their comic analogues. The only exception so far I'd say is Black Canary.

Well she was trying to get back at her dad... he killed her fiance. And lets see, comes from a mafia family, uses a crossbow and has anger issues. Yeah that does sound like a version of Huntress to me. I just think they coulda played up her anger more. And admittedly her actress wasn't that good.
    I don't think they gave the actress a whole lot to work with. As much as I like those episodes, they're kinda all over the place, her character moreso than most. The character does decide she's going to go through with instigating a gang war to use as cover to murder her father because she felt embarrassed that a guy she's gone out with twice let her sit down to dinner with his buddy and his ex after she insisted despite his objection.

Judy Dench would have trouble selling that, so it's hard to fault Jessica DeGouw.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

Kelly Hu is in the next episode extensively. I always enjoy her work. Seems liked Deadshot is back as well?

I'd say most these characters do resemble their comic analogues. The only exception so far I'd say is Black Canary.
    It's never really said "mafia" in any direct way it just seems like her father is just another corrupt rich person.

Also she only used the crossbow at Ollie's insistence when she would prefer to use guns as we have seen.

It's never really said "mafia" in any direct way it just seems like her father is just another corrupt rich person.
    No, even if they never said mafia, he was pretty obviously the head of an organised crime family.

Also she only used the crossbow at Ollie's insistence when she would prefer to use guns as we have seen.
    When she went after her father during the throwdown with the triad, she had the crossbow.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

They should just not write the Huntress into any episodes for a while and then have her appear as a different actress in a later season so people won't complain about the change because they had forgotten what she looked like before.

Why are they turning green arrow into some cheap Christopher Nolan knockoff? I like my comic shows to respect the material instead of completely revamping every character only keeping the names the same and everything else is different
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Did Ollie kill Brutale at the beginning of this weeks episode?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I like the younger Ollie and I hope as Ollie adjusts to normal life that he slowly becomes more like his old self except less whiney.

The show's soundtrack is pretty horrid. They played some truly unfitting music during the double Dinah scene and it really, really took me out of the moment. I love the actress Katie Cassidy and I hope Dinah reuniting with Dinah gives Katie the spotlight and character development that she deserves. Also, I hope to see a momma Dinah and Huntress beatdown. Nothing like women in their 40s kicking serious ass!

I have to say, I did not think Oliver would reveal his identity to Tommy already. I figured that would be dragged out longer, especially since we had the reveal to Felicity only a couple episodes ago. But it seems like now Tommy will grow closer to Malcom and grow farther apart from Oliver now.
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Next episode the Huntress is back. I really want to like the character in the show, but she's just an angry woman with no motivation. I wish I could be proved wrong next episode...