Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Great episode,that little Deathstroke fight was hardcore,the fight choreography is very impressive.Vertigo was pretty cool,but not really Vertigo,I guess he's more closer to the Joker or Scarecrow and the Vertigo drug was just Venom renamed.

Long Live the Hogs Burning Eyes's Avatar

Deathstroke was absolutely brutal in that fight scene. All I can say is . . . Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Vertigo was pretty cool,but not really Vertigo
    Agreed, but it was nice how they left it open for future episodes with the "brain-damage" hint.
    Darkseid: "HOW DARE YOU?! I AM DARKSEID!"
    Superman: "I Don't Care."

BANNED

Vertigo was okay. I didn't like that they hired a typical CW pretty boy for the role.

Some really slick choreography, this show has really surprised me in that aspect. In general, there are a lot of good things going here. Writing just needs to be sharper.

I was confused when the cops broke up the meeting with the Russians. Everything happened so fast it looked like Vertigo got shot by the female cop and taken down (well somebody did anyway), then to find out in the next scene that he'd gotten away without the cops even getting a look at him.

I don't know what in the world Yao Fe is up to on the island- obviously still trying to help Oliver, but how did he convince the bad guys he's loyal to them now when they were so dead-set against him before? Also, still wondering how many episodes Deathstroke will appear in before he says anything. In the comics Slade isn't exactly the strong silent type.

Most interesting development by far in this episode- looks like Felicity and Ollie may be on the way to officially teaming up. Will he want to keep her out for her safety, or make her another full partner like Digg? Whatever happens, she's become a fan favorite and it's always nice to see her get more screen time.

The reason you haven't heard deathstroke talk much is because they didn't lock up an actor for him without the mask on until recently. So you will hear him talk pretty soon.

I liked how Oliver was so affected by the vertigo drug that he couldn't use the bow and arrow so he went after the Count with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Also, still wondering how many episodes Deathstroke will appear in before he says anything. In the comics Slade isn't exactly the strong silent type.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that next week will be the reveal of the actor Manu Bennet as an unmasked (and probably talking) Deathstroke.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Vertigo was okay. I didn't like that they hired a typical CW pretty boy for the role.
    It's not like Seth Gable was just some random guy they hired to play the character because he's attractive. He had a supporting role on Fringe for at least thirty episodes, so he was a valid choice as far as I'm concerned. I thought he did a fine job with what he was given to work with.

But yeah, I do agree with you that the writing could be better. I find the show interesting enough, but it's just not all that gripping. I know Arrow is a different kind of show than Smallville was, but I liked the range of tone of that Smallville had. Arrow just feels bland.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

the Vertigo drug was just Venom renamed.
    ...No, venom's very different.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    ...No, venom's very different.
    The original venom(and when not written by hacks) was more than just your average strength enhancing steroid.

Great episode,that little Deathstroke fight was hardcore,the fight choreography is very impressive.Vertigo was pretty cool,but not really Vertigo,I guess he's more closer to the Joker or Scarecrow and the Vertigo drug was just Venom renamed.
    The Count comes off as a mix between Cesar Romero's Joker and Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow. And I'm cool with that, because it's fun.

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

Nice episode, looking forward to Deathstroke's (however, I'm wondering, looking to the pictures for the next episodes, if Slade isn't a red herring right now, at the risk of pissing off fans, but we'll see) maskless appearance next week. Also, did anybody else catch the reference to the KGBeast?
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 02-01-2013 at 08:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    It's not like Seth Gable was just some random guy they hired to play the character because he's attractive. He had a supporting role on Fringe for at least thirty episodes, so he was a valid choice as far as I'm concerned. I thought he did a fine job with what he was given to work with.
    Well I wasn't that impressed with him. He was trying too hard to play a Joker-esque comic book villain.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Nice episode, looking forward to Deathstroke's (however, I'm wondering, looking to the pictures for the next episodes, if Slade isn't a red herring right now, at the risk of pissing off fans, but we'll see) maskless appearance next week. Also, did anybody else catch the reference to the KGBeast?
    Missed that one! You mean someone mentioned the name Anatoly Knyazev (at least I think that's his name) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well I wasn't that impressed with him. He was trying too hard to play a Joker-esque comic book villain.
    Definitely, although I liked the new concept for the character I think the performance felt pretty dialed in. The costume department didn't exactly outdo themselves either... Also, they couldn't fix any trippier imagery than Ollie's vision going a bit blurry from time to time? Far from every drug is hallucinogenic, but it would certainly have made for a better visual.
    Last edited by Patroklos; 02-01-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Liked the episode, though it failed to use all chances the plot offered. Oliver on drugs would have been a great chance to use hallucinations as a way for portraying some characters closer to their comic book versions. Also I hope we'll soon see a few more additions to his gang of merry (wo)men. Lady Tech Support being the prime choice for me.