Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I would like to see Ollie face off against more of his own villains instead of just fighting Deathstroke and 3rd rate Batman characters almost every week. As a matter of fact, for a hero who has always unfairly been labeled a "poor man's Batman," they sure aren't doing much on the show to distance him from that inaccurate moniker.
    Firefly is the only third rate Batman character he's went up against,Deadshot and Slade have history with Ollie and it does make sense for him to be facing off against those guys.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Firefly is the only third rate Batman character he's went up against,Deadshot and Slade have history with Ollie and it does make sense for him to be facing off against those guys.
    Exactly and he went up against Meryln. I'm enjoying the hell out of the show. Ollie's been my favorite DC hero forever and I love that DC is finally pushing him.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    I'm glad that the Arrow comic has continued ever week even with the show on it's winter break.
    Same here! Really enjoying the comic. If you love the show please pick up the comic. You'll enjoy it.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by SpadesSlick View Post
    They really need to stop killing off the villains every episode.

By season 3 they will be using crazy quilt at this rate lol.
    Isn't Firefly the first death of a major villiain, other than than the gang member from Episode 6? China White is still alive, Deathstroke will still be in flashbacks, it has been confirmed Deathshot lived, Dark Arrow is alive, most of the gang from Episode 6 is alive, Huntress is stiill out there.
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    Regarding the end of the episode, on the news cast, Ollie's advocate claimed that if not for his intervention, "numerous lives would have been lost." Who did he save other than the firefighter captain? Was there even anyone else still in the place? Most of them were gone even before he ran off to put on his superpants. Also, if Ollie's warehouse burnt down, why was it still standing and looking completely unchanged in the final shots?
    Maybe you should focus more on what Ollie is saying in the actual ep. He said in the last scene, that this is why its good to have concrete,steel place as his HQ, the fire couldnt hurt it. Also he saved more people by stopping the serial killer villain. Who would save those people otherwise? Tommy?
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Does anyone think Ollie is kind of a douchebag in this show sometimes?

Of course that would be one of the few things that it does have with the comic book.

I didn't know Quentin Lance was only a Sergeant i thought he was a detective.

Is Katie Cassiday too young in real life to ooogle?

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Maybe you should focus more on what Ollie is saying in the actual ep. He said in the last scene, that this is why its good to have concrete,steel place as his HQ, the fire couldnt hurt it.
    You mean the bit that was immediately preceeded by Digg saying, "Good thing the fire didn't spread to down here," and that the arrowcave is fine, but everything else was toast? No worries, Champ, I'm on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Also he saved more people by stopping the serial killer villain.
    That's certinally not the tone of the commentator on the news cast.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

I was right- Ollie spent the holiday break completely recovering from his injuries!

I smiled big when he got suited up and fully armed in combat gear on the island, especially when he found the map.

Firefly reminded me of Two-Face, the way they did his makeup.

I liked how Oliver was hesitant to be Green Arrow because he was afraid how his death would impact those close to him he lead into his life. Firefly's orgin was clever making him a fireman out for revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    He doesn't have that many big villains. There's Merlyn (who we have with the Black Archer, even though it's a very different take), Deathstroke - they became worst enemies pre-Flashpoint, and then there's Count Vertigo. I'm sure he'll be appearing soon.
    There's also that really manipulative guy who was retconned into his origin and the villain in a GA/GL cross over with Kyle and Conner.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    My money says Arrow will kill Merlyn Sr. in a big, climactic battle, and Merlyn Jr. will swear vengeance against Arrow and become a villain, a la Harry Osborn.
    That's too comic booky. If Ollie kills Merlyn and Tommy finds out about it, Tommy might be mad (though considering their relationship, he might not), but being mad doesn't turn you into a super villain. (I'm still trying to figure how Ollie became such a skilled fighter and archer in the five years he was away.)

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    That's too comic booky. If Ollie kills Merlyn and Tommy finds out about it, Tommy might be mad (though considering their relationship, he might not), but being mad doesn't turn you into a super villain. (I'm still trying to figure how Ollie became such a skilled fighter and archer in the five years he was away.)

Sandy Hausler
    He had a lot of practice on the island... i mean what else did he have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

Sandy Hausler
    Training from hell, either from the chinese archer or the assasins/soldiers on the island.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    He had a lot of practice on the island... i mean what else did he have to do?
    Especially when your life depends on it, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    Is Katie Cassiday too young in real life to ooogle?
    Well, while she is old enough to be my daughter, I have zero qualms about ogling any woman in her mid-twenties.

Having said that, Susanna Thompson is still my favorite.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!