Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I really wish Helena died. Not only do I really dislike this version of the character, but she just had it way coming here.
    Ditto. By the end of this episode, I wanted Ollie to put her down himself.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I just came to say Holy Crap Amell is in amazing shape. Its a small detail but on a show like this where he's one man waging war against the likes of trained mercenaries and assassins I like that they how he often he has to train to keep himself in peak physical condition.
    Inorite? I'm shocked this show doesn't have more female viewers.

is it just me or did Oliver sound too much like batman in the latest episode what with him jamming the whole "No Kill" Policy down Helena's Throat despite the fact he's killed a few guys before and seeing what some of these men have done...anything less than death would be considered a crime
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Finally watched the first 4 episodes. I love it. It's really awesome. I believe in this version of Green Arrow.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

I wish Helena would've kept the crossbow.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I wish Helena would've kept the crossbow.
    same here....it is in her character after all...unless they plan on turning Helena into red arrow
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

I imagine she'll be able to pick up another crossbow. Pretty sure she was only using guns when she assassinated the Tong leader as a misdirection.

Had the episode on a second time today as background noise, and I have some additional thoughts.

- Why is Diggle so pissy about Helena? I get that he thinks she's dangerous and reckless, but he acts like he's got her all figured out before they ever meet. He didn't have a very high opinion of Ollie before, either, so why does she get the cold shoulder? Why is Diggle so adament about Ollie not making the effort to help her.

- Ollie's full of it, claiming that killing isn't his opening movie. During the big action sequence, the very first thing he does is shoot a guy in the chest down a flight of stairs. That dude is dead. I'm also a bit unclear as to how Ollie is more moral than Helena.

- A guy who sells oxycodone to teenagers is on Robert Queen's list of baddies destroying Starling City? Are jaywalkers and habitual matress tag pullers on there as well? It looks like a pretty long list.

- What was up with Helena and Laurel being pissy with Oliver and Tommy after their dinner date. Helena may not have known what was up when she invited Tommy and Laurel to join them, but Laurel certinally did, and it was obvious that Ollie and Tommy both knew it was a terrible idea right from the start.

- Something that's been bothering me for a while, how did Laurel meet Ollie and Tommy. In this episode, Ollie claims they've all known eachother forever, and in a previous episode, Laurel mentions an eigth grade class trip to the local penitentiary. How does the daughter of a police officer end up in the same class as the sons of billionaires? Did she steal a school uniform at some point and just blend in?

- Awkward Sexy Nerd Woman is hilarious. I want a whole episode of her and Detective Lance solving crimes together.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

I liked Helena's plan of starting a mob war to destroy her father's organization. Great ending with Oliver's stepfather discoverering more about what's going on with the crime syndicate. He'll probably be killed off because he's starting to know too much information about them.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    - A guy who sells oxycodone to teenagers is on Robert Queen's list of baddies destroying Starling City? Are jaywalkers and habitual matress tag pullers on there as well? It looks like a pretty long list.
    I was under the impression he was one of Frank Bertinelli's main lieutenants, which is why he and Helena targeted him as a test run.

That thought crossed my mind as well, combined with the weirdness of Huntress being explicitly shown as a bad shot in the last episode and then suddenly getting a crossbow by Ollie (I get how a bow and arrow might be superior to a gun in what Ollie does, but a mini-crossbow?) Also, Ollie suddenly thinking of Huntress as a lost cause after a weird dinner date felt extremely rushed.

Other that that I thought this episode was a return to form, a lot of things got crammed into 40 minutes of TV and the action was good. And hey, another DC villain got unceremoniously killed off!
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

- Awkward Sexy Nerd Woman is hilarious. I want a whole episode of her and Detective Lance solving crimes together.
    Her scenes have become my favorite part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I was under the impression he was one of Frank Bertinelli's main lieutenants, which is why he and Helena targeted him as a test run.
    Right, I get that. It just seems odd that even a mob lieutenant would be on the list given the sorts of guys Ollie's gone after previously.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

The episode was a bit contradicting. He says killing isn't what he tries to do yet thats what he's been doing. I mean, he does let people go but mostly the henchmen he kills. Unless Oliver slowly changes his whole no killing thing and just tries to stop someone it makes no sense. Diggle did get to him the previous episode or the one before when the cop got shot in the bank. Maybe he's slowly changing his way of working which in a way should happen. He's just blowing away people like nothing

Also, wasn't Green Arrow meant to have similarities to Batman early on?

Quote Originally Posted by Patroklos View Post
    Other that that I thought this episode was a return to form, a lot of things got crammed into 40 minutes of TV and the action was good. And hey, another DC villain got unceremoniously killed off!
    Refresh my memory, because with all the fast action when the Triad invaded the house I guess it escaped me- Did China White die or did she get away once again? If not her then who are you referring to here?

Along with Ollie's mentor on the island, China must hold the record apart from the main cast for repeat appearances so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    The episode was a bit contradicting. He says killing isn't what he tries to do yet thats what he's been doing. I mean, he does let people go but mostly the henchmen he kills. Unless Oliver slowly changes his whole no killing thing and just tries to stop someone it makes no sense
    The henchmen die in combat. He doesn't go around executing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Refresh my memory, because with all the fast action when the Triad invaded the house I guess it escaped me- Did China White die or did she get away once again? If not her then who are you referring to here?

Along with Ollie's mentor on the island, China must hold the record apart from the main cast for repeat appearances so far.
    I'm pretty sure China survived, ut I don't remember perfectly. And so far, i'm pretty sure she has appeared in three episodes, though I could be off.
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps