Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1154
  1. #511
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Dialogue kind of bugged me. The writers are trying too hard to be hip, when you can tell they're far from this generation.

  2. #512
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,907

    Default

    Can't read yet...Can't read yet...Can't read yet...Can't read yet...Can't read yet...Can't read yet...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  3. #513

    Default

    My thoughts:
    * Keystone City and Coast City got a mention tonight. That puts The Flash and Green Lantern in play? I doubt it would happen, but imagine a Green Lantern/Green Arrow team up :0
    * Actually how old is Thea? No-one seems to mind that she's running around high-society parties throwing down glasses of champagne heh. Especially considering her mother was at the same party...
    * How the hell does Ollie keep all his electronic equipment in working order when the warehouse he's using as a base is basically flooded? The moisture in the air would make a mess of all those computers he has. That's always bugged me about the Bat-Cave too.
    * I see they're making a distinction between Green Arrow and Batman - Ollie targets the 'ruling elite' and not 'street-level thugs'. 'Sticking it to The Man' even, of course there's the irony in that Ollie and his family fall into the same class of society. But it also seems he's branching into more Batman elements, in that he was convinced to go after the Royal Flush Gang who are street level. This might be further explored with Huntress coming next week.
    * Also good to see some of the Royal Flush Gang getting away. The show already seems to have a habit of killing off some fairly 'big name' villains, preventing them from being recurring. I'd expect to see the Royal Flush Gang come back if the show lasts.
    ಠ_ಠ

  4. #514
    DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    * Actually how old is Thea? No-one seems to mind that she's running around high-society parties throwing down glasses of champagne heh. Especially considering her mother was at the same party...
    The more important question, though: Does anybody think she strongly resembles Amy Acker (which isn't a bad thing in my book, BTW )?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

  5. #515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    * Keystone City and Coast City got a mention tonight. That puts The Flash and Green Lantern in play?
    No, fan service easter eggs do not indicate intent to expand into the less grounded aspects of the DC universe.

    Besides, considering the quality of special effects on the trick arrow Ollie used to tie down the duffle full o' cash this episode, I'm not sure I'd want to see Green Lantern show up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    * Actually how old is Thea? No-one seems to mind that she's running around high-society parties throwing down glasses of champagne heh. Especially considering her mother was at the same party...
    They said she was seventeen in the first episode.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

  6. #516
    Kiss My Axe! aNamored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion
    Posts
    5,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    My thoughts:
    * How the hell does Ollie keep all his electronic equipment in working order when the warehouse he's using as a base is basically flooded? The moisture in the air would make a mess of all those computers he has. That's always bugged me about the Bat-Cave too.
    * Also good to see some of the Royal Flush Gang getting away. The show already seems to have a habit of killing off some fairly 'big name' villains, preventing them from being recurring. I'd expect to see the Royal Flush Gang come back if the show lasts.
    I don't really want to see the Royal Flush gang again. I thought they were the weakest villains. I understand the concept and how they tied it into Queen Consolidated, although I bet the son will gun for Oliver since he nearly killed the father. Either that or they will extort $ from Ollie in order not to reveal his identity.

    Flooding? he probably either has some water-humidity proof tech or buys new every so often.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

  7. #517
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    My thoughts:

    * Actually how old is Thea? No-one seems to mind that she's running around high-society parties throwing down glasses of champagne heh. Especially considering her mother was at the same party...
    * How the hell does Ollie keep all his electronic equipment in working order when the warehouse he's using as a base is basically flooded? The moisture in the air would make a mess of all those computers he has. That's always bugged me about the Bat-Cave too.
    * I see they're making a distinction between Green Arrow and Batman - Ollie targets the 'ruling elite' and not 'street-level thugs'. 'Sticking it to The Man' even, of course there's the irony in that Ollie and his family fall into the same class of society. But it also seems he's branching into more Batman elements, in that he was convinced to go after the Royal Flush Gang who are street level. This might be further explored with Huntress coming next week.
    Thea is 17.

    Flooded? Not sure what your talking about. And tech can be designed to compensate for moist conditions, but I'm still not sure wehere your getting the moist conditions angle.

    Ollie's mission is more one of redemption and more focussed than Batman's. With Bruce his family is killed in front of him he sees immense rage and won't let it go and begins his vendetta against most crime. Whereas Ollie almost died, his father sacrifices his life for him. He learns about his families dark secrets. And on the precipice of death he is reborn, forging himself into a warrior on the island. Returning to his city to right his families wrongs and atone for his father. On the surface they look similar, but they are actually very different.


  8. #518
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,435

    Default

    Last edited by SilverZeal; 11-15-2012 at 11:35 AM.

  9. #519
    Senior Member Patroklos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Wow, the scenes from Merlyn's fundraiser (with IKEA lamps, classy!) were among the most boring things I've sat through on a TV show... In fact the whole episode balanced dangerously close to Smallville-territory, with badly acted soap opera and weak CGI as the foundations for 40 minutes of television. Guggenheim/Berlanti also kept up their record of teasing promising directions for the show's villains and then hardly exploring them at all, but the action was still decent which I guess is a credit to the stunt team. Next week's episode looks much better judging from that promo, and I really hope it is.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

  10. #520
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Yeah and the dialogue is just terrible.

    "Lovely? You've expanded your vocabulary from 'hot' and 'mega-hot.'" I'm sorry, I've never heard anyone say "mega-hot" before. Another case of middle age writers trying to sound hip.

  11. #521
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Great episode. I liked how the episode stayed with current times such as the economy where the reason for the Royal Flush Gang existing had to deal with the father losing his job at Queen Industries due to outsourcing.

  12. #522
    Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    I liked the episode, but I was only half-watching most of it, so that might be why. I did like seeing the Royal Flush Gang and I hope to see them again at some point, preferably with more interesting members. I'm really looking forward to Huntress next week. Is she going to have a recurring role or is it just a one-off appearance?
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

  13. #523
    Veteran Member glennsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    6,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patroklos View Post
    Wow, the scenes from Merlyn's fundraiser (with IKEA lamps, classy!) were among the most boring things I've sat through on a TV show... In fact the whole episode balanced dangerously close to Smallville-territory, with badly acted soap opera and weak CGI as the foundations for 40 minutes of television. Guggenheim/Berlanti also kept up their record of teasing promising directions for the show's villains and then hardly exploring them at all, but the action was still decent which I guess is a credit to the stunt team. Next week's episode looks much better judging from that promo, and I really hope it is.
    Given that this is a CW drama and Smallville was the CW's money maker for a long time, I'd expect to see plenty of Smallville-like lovey-dovey stuff.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

  14. #524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Thea is 17.

    Flooded? Not sure what your talking about. And tech can be designed to compensate for moist conditions, but I'm still not sure wehere your getting the moist conditions angle.
    Ollie and Diggle were literally standing in a (very shallow) pool of water in his warehouse. There was water pissing down from somewhere in the background. It's not a kind of environment you throw some computers down in and expect them to keep working.
    ಠ_ಠ

  15. #525
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Dialogue kind of bugged me. The writers are trying too hard to be hip, when you can tell they're far from this generation.
    People from younger generations post on the board...

    Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    although I bet the son will gun for Oliver since he nearly killed the father. Either that or they will extort $ from Ollie in order not to reveal his identity.
    I thought the father (the only one who knows Ollies identity) died...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm sorry, I've never heard anyone say "mega-hot" before.
    I'm sorry you've never heard some one say mega-hot to. Ice cream?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •