Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    They said at comic-con in San Diego (that I went to XD ) that she would get powers, they did not say when but they said something about it not being as far away as you think, but not as close as some of you would want. And she said she would be ready to have them.
    No they were tlking about becoming Black canary not hang powes, aybe Im wong but the show has been said to be grounded in reality and that they wont beany superpowers, ts Longbowhnters style. That could change in years who knows

This show might be better if it didn't feature a 34 year old man who lives in his mother's house.
    LOLOLOLOL, funny.
    He is no 34 though lol, he is 27.

I dont think sidekicks should be in the show right now because ollie is too green to teach anyone anything.
    yeah they should hold off on sidekicks

Ehn, this is probably just opening the door for Dinah's dad to end up on "Team Arrow" as well. And then eventually killed off to spur Dinah's development into Black Canary (though it could well be several seasons before that comes to pass).
    The show is moving pretty fast it wont take that long, the latest that happens could be the season finale.

Thanks, though I can't see Firestorm showing up in Arrow, just like any super-powered character.
    The previous poster did say Ronnie Raymond NOT firestorm, I think he and his dad could show up, just like the way Hal Jordan was used in Longbow hunters when grell striped Green Arrow of superpowered friends and villains. Hal Jordan showed up as a civilian friend of Oliver and there was never any Green lantern. Likewise Ronnie Raymond in Arrow would show up just as Ronnie & he would probably not even be old enough to be superhero anyway, well at least not in a show thats trying to be "realistic".

But though I dont see why they cant do some superheroes who got their powers through technology. They dont have to include martians, kryptonians, atlanteans, lanterns, but how about heroes like well those who are like "iron man" kind of heroes, except they would be DC. I cannot see why they cant have a firestorm with powers from nuclear physics or something like that, except the tricky and complicated part is Firestorm is a combination of two people (Ronnie & Jason)

The original blue beetle could fit into the show.
    Last edited by Redk; 11-04-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Yeah, I could see Laurel's dad dead and her become Canary by the season finale. Plenty of time at the pace the show is moving.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redk View Post
    No they were tlking about becoming Black canary not hang powes, aybe Im wong but the show has been said to be grounded in reality and that they wont beany superpowers, ts Longbowhnters style. That could change in years who knows
    Ya they could start her out as a "golden age" kinda Canary with the Blonde wing and no cry. But I think at some point, some how they will give her powers.

And I don't recall them saying anything about grounded in reality. I will ask at comic con this year about powers. But I think the question when they said that, that was asked was, will she ever become Black Canary and get her powers. The actress even said something about how she is ready for the powers I think.

I could be wrong, but I will find the panel online somewhere and watch it and get back to you.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I interpreted it as the writers deciding to throw in an Easter Egg, but not going anywhere past "this just happens to be her name". So no, I don't think that character will turn out to be the step-mother of Firestorm. She just happens to be a character on that show who has the same name as a minor character from DC Comics.
    Give me high 5 when Ronnie & Ed do show up in the show, nothing is by accident in Arrow. They could have created a new character, but they didn't, this character is being modelled very much like felicity in comics. I could see it happening of course not right now, later much later, with more character development.

Yeah, I could see Laurel's dad dead and her become Canary by the season finale. Plenty of time at the pace the show is moving.
    he could die

or Moira could die

or both.
    Last edited by Redk; 11-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Ya they could start her out as a "golden age" kinda Canary with the Blonde wing and no cry. But I think at some point, some how they will give her powers.
    FYI both comics Black Canary characters had a blond wig. Not just the Golden Age original. And Dinah spent a long time with no super-powers. The entirety of what was arguably the best Green Arrow comic series DC ever published.

So the character doesn't need powers to be Black Canary. And the show will be better off, imo, if she doesn't get them.

^someone is not a fan of the canary cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Redk View Post
    ^someone is not a fan of the canary cry?
    It's fine in the comics.

But I think super-powers would change the tone of this tv show drastically. And not for the better.

Mostly, I'm just saying it isn't the powers that make the character. Even for the years she didn't have them, she was still a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    FYI both comics Black Canary characters had a blond wig. Not just the Golden Age original. And Dinah spent a long time with no super-powers. The entirety of what was arguably the best Green Arrow comic series DC ever published.

So the character doesn't need powers to be Black Canary. And the show will be better off, imo, if she doesn't get them.
    I never said that the non-golden age did not have a wig...but she did lose it later on and started dying it. And I know, I was ok with Dinah with no powers, but yet they gave her the powers back. And I think her getting powers at some point, could be way down the line, would be ok for the show, just as long as they don't use her every episode and she does her own thing off-screen.

Maybe she can even have those Canary Cry bombs like she did in Birds of Prey (when she had no powers) I mean there has to be some reason for her to pick her name right? Ollie can make them for her.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 11-04-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I mean there has to be some reason for her to pick her name right?
    Ask the original Black Canary -- who didn't have powers. And as far as I'm aware, canaries don't scream. They have a pleasant, quiet little chirp. Saying she needs to have sonic powers because she named herself after a bird makes less sense than saying she should be able to fly. Because canaries do that.

Anyhow, it's not up to us. We'll just have to wait and see. You hope she gets powers, I hope she doesn't.

It's interesting that some people are interpreting the scene in different ways. I didn't think they could make it any clearer that he was faking.
    So, do you think he was in on the whole deal, and was faking getting knocked out by the tranq dart as well?

What would be his motivation for doing so, and why haven't we seen any follow-up on it?
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    So, do you think he was in on the whole deal, and was faking getting knocked out by the tranq dart as well?

What would be his motivation for doing so, and why haven't we seen any follow-up on it?
    We've seen a lot of follow up on him being a shady character.

I'm not saying he was in on the kidnapping, just that he woke up sooner than he let on and so knows more about Oliver's secret than he's let on. And that was backed up by his story to the police.
    Last edited by stk; 11-04-2012 at 10:23 PM.

I'm not going to say that there's no possible way the writers of the show could pull off adding actual superpowers, but were I a gambling man I'd bet against it. Also, I just don't see the necessity. So far 'Arrow' seems to be doing just fine, and the attempts at bringing in the more fantastical elements from the comics -- i.e. Deadshot's eyepiece -- have been a bit silly.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

We've seen a lot of follow up on him being a shady character.

I'm not saying he was in on the kidnapping, just that he woke up sooner than he let on and so knows more about Oliver's secret than he's let on. And that was backed up by his story to the police.
    I agree with you, and as far as why we have not seen any follow-up on it, is well cause we will. My guess is when/if he becomes a bad guy. He will know Oliver is Arrow and attack the people he cares about or something like that.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

If the writers want to include the scream (which I doubt), than they don't even need to do it as a superpower. There are already sonic based anti-riot weapons today, so just give her a screaming gadget instead of a superpower.
    Last edited by Morgenstern; 11-05-2012 at 02:07 AM.