Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Whoops, sorry for the redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post
    Whoops, sorry for the redundancy.
    no need to apologize, its a good observation. We were talking about it 3 or 4 pages back, but in a 25 page thread who goes back and reads all the previous posts?

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Was Oliver outed in the comics?
    I noticed that no one addressed your question. Yes he was outed, in the story "Justice League- Rise and Fall" when he turned himself in after murdering the villain Prometheus in "Justice League- Cry for Justice." He was jailed, tried, and acquitted by a jury who appreciated him too much as a hero to really address his crime. The judge then let him go but banished him from Star City.

I don't think Diggle is going to wear a costume, as he said he doesn't want to be a sidekick. Instead I think he's there just to keep Oliver in line and make sure he doesn't make any mistakes or break laws.
    So he can't be Green Arrow at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    The judge then let him go but banished him from Star City.
    Judges can do that?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

Judges can do that?
    Hey, in comics anybody can do anything.

Was Oliver outed in the comics? I'd feel cheated if they make an excuse for why he was at the prison. The evidence is pretty damning in my opinion... The vigilante appeared right around the same time as when Oliver came back and Oliver is on video at the prison getting something out of a bag on camera; he had no reason to be there.
    In Grell's run, he was less outed and more 'oh, that was supposed to be a secret?'

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    First look at Jessica de Gouw as Helena Bertinelli/Huntress: http://www.greenarrowtv.com/first-lo...huntress/12378
    That looks very good.

I'm kind of nervous because Geoff Johns co-wrote it and the article only lists her as 'Helena.'

I hope/am 98% sure it's Helena Bertinelli, but I'm nervous they might try to slip that dud Helena Wayne into Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    That looks very good.

I'm kind of nervous because Geoff Johns co-wrote it and the article only lists her as 'Helena.'

I hope/am 98% sure it's Helena Bertinelli, but I'm nervous they might try to slip that dud Helena Wayne into Arrow.
    Don't think they will go with Helena Wayne, thats too directly linked to Batman who I don't think they're going to use, like they never did in Smallville.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    .......Things I didn't like: - Where's Merlyn? I like Merlyn.
    Ollie's best friend's last name is Merlyn....and he has a thing for Lance. I would venture something happens in the future that makes him hate Ollie/G.A. (Ollie and Lance getting back together, or perhaps someone from his family being injured or killed by G.A., etc).....then he starts training and becomes an expert Archer out for revenge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    .....That seems kind of dumb. So is Captain Jack the head of Intergang?
    He may be....but I thought he was a Pirate in the Caribbean.
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

That looks very good.

Anymore I cringe when I hear that Johns writes anything. Its become a reflex I guess.

That looks very good.

I don't think they would do that, since even if they wanted to include Batman in the Arrow universe, having an adult daughter would age him too much.

On a side note, I'm sorry to hear you like the imitation more than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by JonQCitizen View Post
    Ollie's best friend's last name is Merlyn....and he has a thing for Lance. I would venture something happens in the future that makes him hate Ollie/G.A. (Ollie and Lance getting back together, or perhaps someone from his family being injured or killed by G.A., etc).....then he starts training and becomes an expert Archer out for revenge!!!
    This Merlyn becoming an expert archer seems like it might be a bit of a stretch. Something pretty drastic would have to happen for me to believe that would be a reasonable character arc for him.
    Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    This Merlyn becoming an expert archer seems like it might be a bit of a stretch. Something pretty drastic would have to happen for me to believe that would be a reasonable character arc for him.
    And yet, clearly, he is being groomed to be the big antagonist for Oliver. He has been since the first episode when he pretended to be unconscious during the kidnapping.

Whatever form his antagonism takes, and whether he actually becomes an archer himself like the comics, it seems pretty clear that Laurel is going to be the dividing point between him and Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    And yet, clearly, he is being groomed to be the big antagonist for Oliver. He has been since the first episode when he pretended to be unconscious during the kidnapping.

Whatever form his antagonism takes, and whether he actually becomes an archer himself like the comics, it seems pretty clear that Laurel is going to be the dividing point between him and Oliver.
    He did not pretend, he really was unconcious. He was just starting to wake up when Oliver ran after the bad guy, therefore you saw his eyes twitching. He was still to confused to clearly see what was going on.

I really do not see Merlyn as a potential villain. A "you are banging your ex-girlfriend again, who I really like" storyline is not enough to justify him training for years to become a master archer and a criminal. Something more has to happen, but so far we do not know enough about this guy to guess what this might be.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. Youíre under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

That looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I don't think they would do that, since even if they wanted to include Batman in the Arrow universe, having an adult daughter would age him too much.
    One of the writers did say in an interview that they were going to use Bertinelli, not Wayne. Things can change, though. And they did use an image of an issue of the recent Helena Wayne mini series in that promo. It's probably just a research error, but still.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.