Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellboy in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    I hope they print enough of these.
    I imagine they will, I haven't had a hard time obtaining the few year of monsters covers that I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    I'm guessing this will be the cover for #1 ... and this will be the variant for #1 (Mike Mignola has previously said that the December Year of Monsters cover would Hellboy fighting the Devil) ...
    This is indeed the case. Here's the full #1 cover (minus titles):

I know it's early to talk about the trade, but I'm doing it anyway...

I actually hope these first four issues end up alone in a trade. Usually there's five to six issues worth of material in a trade, but I really want to see a huge sketchbook for this one (It's happened once before with Hellboy: Strange Places which was without doubt the best sketchbook I've seen for any trade paperback). It's been so long since Mike Mignola's been the regular artist, and I'd love to see script pages, thumbnails, layouts, discarded covers... the works.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

I would sincerely appreciate a caramel frappuccino with a few smoked eels and a good coupla lard-drenched fries, four lumps, salted.

'Though my gut tells me bread and some milk might prove more preferable in the long run (we're not really seeing eye-to-eye, my gut and me - plus I really hate 'long runs').
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    I would sincerely appreciate a caramel frappuccino with a few smoked eels and a good coupla lard-drenched fries, four lumps, salted.

'Though my gut tells me bread and some milk might prove more preferable in the long run (we're not really seeing eye-to-eye, my gut and me - plus I really hate 'long runs').
    I have no idea what any of this means...

But I agree, Middenway, a nice big Mignola sketch section would be fantastic if they chose to include it!

I got to take a look at a bunch of uncoloured, unlettered Hellboy in Hell pages last week. Amazing stuff. Tons, and I mean tons, of crazy monsters. Can't wait to read it properly.
    Strangebeard: It's not the size of the pirate in the fight, but the size of the fight in the pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Tindall View Post
    I got to take a look at a bunch of uncoloured, unlettered Hellboy in Hell pages last week. Amazing stuff. Tons, and I mean tons, of crazy monsters. Can't wait to read it properly.
    How'd you manage that??
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Wow Kelly, you are extremely lucky I'd think!
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

I'm so jealous right now.

I think if I had the chance to see those my eyes might melt right out of my face...

Quote Originally Posted by Storey74 View Post
    I think if I had the chance to see those my eyes might melt right out of my face...
    It was at the Montreal show last weekend.

I mentioned how happy I was Mike was back on Hellboy. When Mike said, "You wanna see it?" an involuntary shudder of glee went up my spine. It must have been nearly the whole first issue; I was torn between wanting to soak up the beautiful art and the desire to avoid spoilers for myself. Looks really nice, though.
    Strangebeard: It's not the size of the pirate in the fight, but the size of the fight in the pirate.

It was at the Montreal show last weekend.

I mentioned how happy I was Mike was back on Hellboy. When Mike said, "You wanna see it?" an involuntary shudder of glee went up my spine. It must have been nearly the whole first issue; I was torn between wanting to soak up the beautiful art and the desire to avoid spoilers for myself. Looks really nice, though.
    That's so cool! Makes me even more hopeful about the Hellboy in Hell panel at NYCC. I'm going to America in 11 days! I can't wait.

I have a feeling the cover got a bit stretched by the boys at NEWSARAMA. Based on the cover to #1 and a little photoshop I think it probably will look a bit more like this...

Either way it is awesome.

Your probably right, it did look stretched out to me but I wasn't gonna say anything.

Nice photoshop job Storey!
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com