Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hellboy in Hell

Default Hellboy in Hell #3

These new Hellboy in Hell comics always leave me at a loss for words.

Holy crap.

Read it. Read it now.

I gotta wait for the comic shop to open...

Or... digital.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    These new Hellboy in Hell comics always leave me at a loss for words.

Holy crap.

Read it. Read it now.
    This is going to sound really hyperbolic, but I honestly think this is one of the strongest Hellboy arcs Mignola has ever done. Just brilliant, moody, solid stuff.

Loved to see that little red dude again. The working man is rising up!

But... spoilers:
    holy hell, what was the big snake thing?! And is that the end of Astaroth? Plus, I think its' obvious Big H's sister is going to turn up
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by dreadcthulhu View Post
    This is going to sound really hyperbolic, but I honestly think this is one of the strongest Hellboy arcs Mignola has ever done. Just brilliant, moody, solid stuff.

Loved to see that little red dude again. The working man is rising up!

But... spoilers:
    holy hell, what was the big snake thing?! And is that the end of Astaroth? Plus, I think its' obvious Big H's sister is going to turn up
    end of spoilers
    That was an amazing issue!

I just, I don't really have words.

spoilers:
    So much for Hellboy's brothers and Uncle! But yeah, I'm now excited to see his sister show up, or for his dad to awaken.
    end of spoilers
    mod of r/TheDark, for news and discussion of The Dark line and related titles.

#3 was awesome.

I am honestly lost at whatever happened after [spoiler]dasdasd[/spoiler]

I am honestly lost at whatever happened after spoilers:
    the Leviathan ate Astaroth and his brothers. Did the little devil there said that Hellboy was the one to kill Satan? And was Hellboy back at the first layer of hell at the ending of the issue there?

I...huh...

What?

Also, I first thought that Astaroth's demise was kinda lackluster but then again, it was as bizarre and abrupt as the most important developments can be in this series. It's sorta fitting.
    end of spoilers

Great great great issue

spoilers:

I'm curious on what happens to you after you die in hell.. Like where does a demons soul (do they have em?) after they die there? So are they really REALLY gone???
    end of spoilers
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Also is anyone going to this?
    http://drcomicsmrgames.tumblr.com/po...-as-we-welcome

I'm really curious to what the limited print will be, though I know it will be impossible for me to get one.
    Ars longa, vita brevis

That's going to take some serious re-reading to digest.

I'm still unsure about the death of Satan. It's possible he did kill Satan and in crossing the river Lethe he forgot.

Sold out at two of my LCS...hope you got your copy.

Quote Originally Posted by noble_enough View Post

spoilers:

I'm curious on what happens to you after you die in hell.. Like where does a demons soul (do they have em?) after they die there? So are they really REALLY gone???
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think a problem with any afterlife or any stepping into a different realm or plain of existence is that as such one likely couldn't ascertain one's being without understanding how this outer plain or realm would be working. Noone knows whether Hell exists or how it would, whether it would be a multiverse as existing per individual, or either as a shared thing yet under such restraints as time or opportunity like a reality similar to living.
    Which wouldn't need to make out Hellboy's current world as anything incomprehensible or nonsensical, but it could be a reality that Hellboy is in fact in a different world, different to where any readers or living entities would be. I feel the demon vs Hellboy encounters could be part of Hellboy's travels through Hell, instead of other persons their experiences, where any demons might be to reappear with no bother?
    I feel if I were Hellboy and I was being written like a beautiful story, than I think I'd be certain to not be knowing what to expect or think about anything for sure .

(I wonder if these spoiler thingies will cover up my smilie!?)
    end of spoilers
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Ya I gotta be honest, I liked the first half but the second threw me for a loop! Seemed a little rushed and I didn't really know what was going on there. I guess that's why they're writing issue #4. Any theories in the mean time? Maybe it's a trick to make HB want to be "something" hoping that he will take up the crown. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by schaferba View Post
    Ya I gotta be honest, I liked the first half but the second threw me for a loop! Seemed a little rushed and I didn't really know what was going on there. I guess that's why they're writing issue #4. Any theories in the mean time? Maybe it's a trick to make HB want to be "something" hoping that he will take up the crown. What do you guys think?
    I really have no idea where issue 4 will go.
    The end of 3 felt like he ended all his business down there. And now starts the wandering..

I read that Grey will pop up in issue 4, perhaps to save him from the iceflow and the giant octopi and direct him to the main hell world.. who knows! I'm thrilled though, best comics I've read in years.
    Ars longa, vita brevis