Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellboy in Hell

I picked up the last two issues of HIH 2 at my shop...if #1 was a sell out,this is to be sold out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    You're telling me! It was amazing, yet I couldn't talk about it on here without spoiling issue 2. Kees wasn't wrong when he said my report from NYCC was a bit reserved. It had to be. All the most exciting things was stuff I couldn't talk about! Man, comic conventions in America are awesome. No comparison to the ones here at all. They're not even the same creature.
    Looks I have to start going to bigger cons.

Anyone else feel like Hellboy in Hell #2 is the best issue of Hellboy you've ever read, or is that just me?

At the very least it's up there with The Chained Coffin and The Island and all my other favourites. It was absolutely fantastic.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-02-2013 at 07:53 PM.

To me, Each moment of Cliff hanger give me a heart attack.

In #1, Hellboy says 'So where to now?'
    Then Suddenly, 'Next Issue - Pandemonium'

This time, In #2, Uncle says 'Welcome to home'
    Then again, 'Next Issue - Family Ties'

I really hope when they make Hellboy in Hell Trade paperback, put that pages between chapters.

Anyone else feel like Hellboy in Hell #2 is the best issue of Hellboy you've ever read, or is that just me?

At the very least it's up there with The Chained Coffin and The Island and all my other favourites. It was absolutely fantastic.
    Completely agree, the whole time reading it I was smiling in awe at it.
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Absolutely, this may end up topping the Wolves of St.August for me.

Yeah, it's hard to give it instant fave status but it's definitely a top three or five for me after one reading. Thatís pretty amazing for the second issue of a four issue story. The imagery alone is wonderful but the events and dialogue are one big payoff for a long time Hellboy fan!

Reading this issue was like going to the drive-in to see Star Wars for the very first time. Seriously, my jaw decided that it was time to hang away from my face for an extended period of time. I don't know what to say. Have Mike back is fantastic, but this... THIS is bloody magic! This is why I read comics.

Is it too early to say that I read the best comicbook of the year already?

Maybe. There's still more Hellboy in Hell to come...

Holy Christ! Literally just finished reading HB in Hell #2 and was absolutely blown away. So many cool elements from past stories show up in this issue and are paid off in full and with promises of more to come next issue! Just a true delight start to finish. Thanks again Mike for inspiring each and every one of us to continue to support and believe in your vision, and if I may, the vision of comics as a viable and healthy medium. And what a vision it is. Truly gorgeous imagery and a story that just won't quite. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by didism View Post
    I really hope when they make Hellboy in Hell Trade paperback, put that pages between chapters.
    I imagine they'll be incorporated into the chapter breaks. We know Mike Mignola always writes thinking ahead to the eventual trade, so I'm sure everything's been designed to fit very neatly.

Wow. This is so sublimely good that I think it's going to take a while for it to all truly sink in. Perhaps once this arc wraps, and we're able to take it all in in a single go, it will really rise to its proper place as the most beautiful comic being made right now.

I mean, most of us can see that already... But I think the rest of the comic book reading public is going to soon come into the fold.

You're telling me! It was amazing, yet I couldn't talk about it on here without spoiling issue 2. Kees wasn't wrong when he said my report from NYCC was a bit reserved. It had to be. All the most exciting things was stuff I couldn't talk about! Man, comic conventions in America are awesome. No comparison to the ones here at all. They're not even the same creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Looks I have to start going to bigger cons.
    Well I think events like conventions or signings can be a lot of things, big or small or overwhelming or underwhelming and all that.
    Since they cost time and effort and money and energy and there'd be a lot of different people there.
    But they can be so great and special and awesome.
    When people get or find the chance of interacting in some way or other.

And I'd say some people really know how to make such interacting happen.
    Or give interviews, or be able to represent or make personal success into a whole platform of coolness to be working for.

Which will have to do with a lot of experience, but also genuinely being interested in audiences or even into any aspect of one's own profession would seriously help I'd be to think?
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    Wow. This is so sublimely good that I think it's going to take a while for it to all truly sink in. Perhaps once this arc wraps, and we're able to take it all in in a single go, it will really rise to its proper place as the most beautiful comic being made right now.

I mean, most of us can see that already... But I think the rest of the comic book reading public is going to soon come into the fold.
    Great point.

I guess Hellboy In Hell will be a great "jumping-on-point" for anyone interested in reading Hellboy. Normally any book or title would all the time be intended as a swell jumping-on-point but in this case it really seems so.
    If Hell is gonna be to reference past stuff of note than such could prove helpful or meaningful to new readers. Plus it would likely do the same for long-time readers, like it would make for re-assessing or further assess focus onto what promise and resolve - or just the plain awesomeness.

Which will be awesome for anyone interested in that.
    Because Mignola's Hellboy proves and continues to being such a lush and grand example of graphic storytelling - as through story both as art combined.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Absolutely incredible issue. A little early to tell, but it's up there with the best Mignola's ever done if you ask me.

So, spoilerific question for issue 2:

spoilers:
    Did Hellboy actually kill Satan off panel? I'm not quite sure if the little homage to Macbeth was simply a Mignola flourish, and the panel of the bloody dagger was more of a "what if?", or if it really happened and Hellboy did the deed. It seems to have been left a bit ambiguous because no one seems to acknowledge the act in the following panels. Maybe it didn't happen, or maybe he did kill Satan and, in typical Hellboy style, just doesn't want to talk about it.
    end of spoilers