Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellboy in Hell

I saw that too... this is going to be a fun ride.

I am looking forward to Hellboy seeing his daddy again...

Well, that was jolly good.

Great first issue in my opinion! Obviously I can't wait for the next one... :)

Are my dates all messed up or do you guys have magical comic shops that open at 5 am?
    Going to get it after work, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by meorsomeone View Post
    Are my dates all messed up or do you guys have magical comic shops that open at 5 am?
    i checked out my Dark Horse app on my iPad last night just after midnight and they had the issue available to buy

BANNED

not going to be able to pick this up till early afternoon. man, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by meorsomeone View Post
    I buy digital. If I waited for comics stores, I wouldn't get it until Thursday afternoon at a hideous mark-up. Australian comic book stores over-charge like hell. I buy it at around 6pm after work on a Wednesday... about 3am New York time.

Plus, I buy the trades, so if I am going to double-dip, I want to buy the more mobile option.

BANNED

loved it. the puppet show was awesome!

I MUST get on twitter today to thank the gang for a fantastic start. Wow! I'll never watch A Christmas Carol without thinking about Hellboy from this point on. My dream puppet show in Hell would be the Exorcist. I'd love to see/hear the possessed girl talking like the priest's mother. I think I'd go nuts watching that sequence done by puppets.

Also, if there was ONE year of monsters cover to get, I think this was clearly the one. I'd love to take the time to rank them here in the future.

I'm still so giddy from reading this one last night. Nerdin' out today at work.

I loved it, it was great to have Mike back on the art. It was so werid and fun, I've read through it multiple times now.

Are we calling out spoilers on this thread?

SPOILERS?

I was shocked/pleased with how much Edward Grey action there was. Seeing him magic the place up and save Hellboy from the Hammer guy was great. And like I mentioned when we saw that small glimpse during the preview page, seeing that Grey is basically just skin and bones under the cloak with a mask on. Nude in fact. Well I was just shocked. It added to his mystery and eerieness. How is he still alive?

I don't really know what I though Grey looked like under there at this point, I expected more spirit I guess, or maybe he was more statue like his face and that wasn't really a mask. But man, I was just so suprised to see him as he is. . In a good way.

I HOPE we get to hear some explanation on how he got from human to that form, but I doubt we will anytime soon. Seems like HB left Grey for a bit and is now gonna be hanging out with the tongue of fire ghost.
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

I got a gratis copy thanks to Dark Horse (those guys are great!) whilst waiting for my print edition to arrive (the store I order from is a bit poor with orders, they come almost a week late sometimes), and wow - I really enjoyed it. Will probably still read the print edition (let's be honest, Mignola looks and works best in print), but wow. Yeah. Awesome.

My only problem is it felt short.

The first issue made me want to vomit......... KIDDING!! Sorry, had to poke fun at myself. Actually I thought the first issue was smashing great. So, so awesome to have Mike back on artistic chores and I know this story is going to be a real barn burner. Can't wait.

So, so, so good to have Mr Mignola back. Any thoughts on what the "tic tic tic" throughout this issue could be?

Sidney Leach Defender rubberchickenben's Avatar

It was sold out at my local and the second order's already sold out too. I guess this means I'm trade-waiting xD

Man, that totally blew me away.

I was expecting Dante, Milton or even a Homeric version of hell...but Charles Dicken's? That came straight out of left field and I loved it! I still can't grasp how something so impossibly unexpected could feel so natural, so right. Just incredible. The puppet show was fantastic and then the exchange between Hellboy and the spirit lady really sealed the deal.

"You the ghost of Christmas past?"

"Not hardly."

Amazing.

I can't wait to see how this journey works out, will we see that Christmas Carol bit fleshed out more with present and future entities? What about the five rivers of Hades? We saw Lethe the river of Oblivion, will that just be a one off or is that going to be developed?

I don't know to be honest but I'm beyond pumped to find out.

Also, upon a second reading I noticed that the usual faint numbering that usually appears on the title page is missing. It's a tiny bit of minutia, but it gave me pause for thought and it seemed fitting. Hellboy died, so in essence the prior volume ended and now that we are in Hellboy's after life we get a renumbering.