Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellboy in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by noble_enough View Post
    Do you think thats Edward falling above Hellboy in the first image?
    I'm guessing so from the following panel but not positive.

Strange seeing his legs... For some reason I imagined him nothing but cloak and mask now.
    Haha, Noble, you are caught in the suspense or intrigue, I take it?

Which would be cool, because I feel rather the same way, with loving it.

I've seen the opening page preview, both as the first and second cover, and now this pencilled page as well.
    And I'm looking at it as with keeping my mind open. To basically anything, since it'll be all so new.
    The setting will be new, and Hellboy will be sorta all new, or at least passing through some pretty intense transition I'd think.

And Edward, maybe not him personally, since he'd be in a similar state since way back already. With feet and legs even if they wouldn't prove particularly visible.
    Although his appearance could be kept extra mysterious, or as particular, since if Edward's appearance would be happening amid or in response to Hellboy's transitioning, in response to Hellboy's fall or going under so to speak, then such would be significant. Like such might affect how Edward'd get portrayed perhaps?
    Plus Edward sorta žs affected, if not transitioning himself although not as by literally losing his feet, because of Hellboy's transitioning, which he in turn is responding to. As how Baba Yaga refers to in her conversation in the opening page as previewed.

To answer you: I think it's him, in this page both as in the preview page. Sir Edward's most recent prior appearance in BPRD: King of Fear I believe - drawn by mr Mike - is also standing out as looking mysterious and abstract, with the mask and the cloakyness seeming shaped really remarkably. Like you wouldn't be seeing feet or legs it could be.
    But I'm thinking the pale cloaked hollow figure with the flame tiara in cover #2 could well be someone different.

And like I said, since it's new I feel it's best and most awesome to be keeping my mind as open as I possibly can. My head is like that mouth in the previewed page I guess - with it diggin' it!

EDIT: The open-mind-thing I mention I guess since for reading the Hellboy-related titles not only what'd be there to know or take heed of seems important, because perspectives or context connections to make seem to be changing or developing time and again, with potentially every other read or with potentially every other story or installment as coming out. Exhilaratingly so.
    Like as if narratives would hinge on vantage points as much as any context or narrative to take note of.

For instance, seeing what could be sir Edward next to Hellboy in that pencilled page has me suddenly asking myself how many times sir Ed and Hellboy would have interacted or actually met up before, if at all? If so, what did Hellboy say?: "Hey, Cloaky." "Are you a robot?" "Bet you dig Kraftwerk". "Do you have no heart?" "You didn't sit well with some serious witches or what?"

Just saying.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-10-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: as stated.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    You know Neil, for every time I happen to read this particular comment of yours I'm wishing more and more that you actually wouldn't have posted it.

Because it reads really very weird, although if I'm misunderstanding stuff then feel free to set me straight. Like your comment implies or implores on some kind of personal discontentedness or snark or grudge from the past that really couldn't be my or anybody's fault or business, except most likely your own.

Again: if I mis-interpret any of this then please set me straight.
    Respectfully and with zero intent to get into a verbal scuffle over your comments Kees, I'll just say that you're wrong about my intentions and leave it at that.

I honestly haven't been THIS excited for a comic in a long, long time...

Mignola's my favorite illustrator, I'd say, so to see him come back in full swing is super cool!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-graphic-novel

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Hill View Post
    Respectfully and with zero intent to get into a verbal scuffle over your comments Kees, I'll just say that you're wrong about my intentions and leave it at that.
    I'm being respectful and with zero bad intent towards you or anyone as well.
    Please understand my comment wasn't for making you look bad in any way, but instead the very opposite: noting how something you said would or could actually be to sound weird.

I inquire after how you'd be meaning things, not for making you sound bad, but instead so as you wouldn't be to sound bad or weird.

I'm not doubting your intentions, I take it you mean to say you're glad you caught sight of these pages, like despite Facebook being sort of a hassle? Which isn't quite the same as how you actually worded what you said.
    Since your specific wording would be implying some personal accusation or discontentment towards Facebook's friending or selectiveness to proving somehow wrongful - which cannot be, since Facebook only works by friending and selectiveness by default and as mandatory in any case for anyone?

I've never heard anyone going "people better be friending me, or else..." or if I did I would think such to be sounding weird - no matter any intentions.

Aside of which, by all means, let's not scuffle or kerfuffle, as it will wear on the furniture.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Hill View Post
    I love these! Thank you very much for posting these here. Mike is very selective of who he's friends with on FB, so I wouldn't have seen these otherwise.
    The B.P.R.D. and artofmikemignola.com facebook pages are less selective and both had the pages up on Thursday.
    "The evil I can tolerate, but the stupidity!!!"

Hello all, just want to add my excitment for a new Hellboy book on to the pile here. I've been happy with the B.P.R.D. but i've really missed Hellboy.

Into the Wasteland Erwin Heinek's Avatar

You know Neil...
    Once again, probably something that should have been dicussed in PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Heinek View Post
    Once again, probably something that should have been dicussed in PM.
    I would have, if I'd have known for certain that a PM would be deemed warranted.
    But I felt I couldn't be knowing that, and as such any PM could be regarded or seem like talking behind a person's back, or springing them with stuff quite out of the blue?

I tried to be keeping everything about my posting respectful both as civil both as intelligible as much as possible. And I seriously will or would never be meaning my posts as personal attacks or such. Or I simply wouldn't post them, not even through PM.

Like I said earlier, I responded in order to have everything be or become clear instead of sounding funky in any way.
    Which doesn't mean I feel impeccable or infallable or above criticism - which is why I posted visibly, for anyone to read and respond to in order to set me or anybody straight.

I remembered just now that I posted what I posted because if I would have been the one who posted those pages which mr Mike would have shared on Facebook, with any people responding like 'hey I would never have seen these if not for this I'm sure', I might start feeling as 'though the forwarding of those pages would not seem warranted or allowable all of a sudden.
    Maybe I should have said this more rather, but this would involve two persons instead of one - one whom I'd have had encounters with before, favorably even, if only virtual.

I will try to say what I say or post what I post as with being but civil and respectful to the fullest, like anyone should.

As this žs a forum, for getting read, so what would be so bad about inquiring after how stuff would be meant, when not done in a harmful or disrespectful way as much as possible?

I will try to improve. Although preferably not by PM since they'd seem somewhat secretive even when they wouldn't be.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-16-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    . ~

Do you think thats Edward falling above Hellboy in the first image?
    I'm guessing so from the following panel but not positive.

Strange seeing his legs... For some reason I imagined him nothing but cloak and mask now.
    I'm glad I wasn't alone in that, for some reason that was my feeling as well. It seemed like a suitably spooky idea.

Cloak, mask, and a pair of pants. So he can talk big.
    "The evil I can tolerate, but the stupidity!!!"

On another note, am I alone in saying that I shall never look at shrimp the same way again?

Sure, I'm slathering them up in butter and mowing them down now, but in the great beyond it appears the tables are turned.

I would not be against having my shrimps bigger.
    Like scampii, but bigger. Like lobsters but bigger.

Like a 'shrimpboat' really. Or shrimp-tanker. Although there'd be leftovers. But they'd be good.
    . ~

I would not be against having my shrimps bigger.
    Like scampii, but bigger. Like lobsters but bigger.

Like a 'shrimpboat' really. Or shrimp-tanker. Although there'd be leftovers. But they'd be good.
    Ha, after you then my good man.

I for one prefer my food to be unable to eat me back.

Great Hellboy's Ghost!!!
    I just finished reading, oogling,salivating,consuming issue #1!!!
    It is AWESOME to have Mignola back conjuring these tales and letting us take this journey with our favorite Boy from Hell.
    This first issue has EVERYTHING us fans LOVE about HELLBOY!
    Enthralling storytelling,Spectacular visuals,Moody palettes,Humor,and the big guy brawling!!!
    one bad note....IT ENDED!!!!arrrgh!
    but it made me WANT MORE! Totally a good thing!
    Welcome Back,Mr.Mignola!
    Welcome Anung Un Rama!...you have both been missed and it is so fantastic to have you both back!!!