Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Uk View Post
    Sal Tusso (name?) seemed like a cool character, has he appeared before (havent read the abe minis or a couple of hellboy ones set back in the day)
    hope hes not just story fodder and makes it through the series.
    Sal Tasso is from Abe Sapien: The Abyssal Plain and Abe Sapien: The Devil Does Not Jest. I doubt he'll be killed off just yet. Too much work has gone into developing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    Will bacon and floozies be johann's first stop if he gets a body back?
    Oh, you better believe it.

I really don't think he will get the body, though. When has anything good ever happened to that man that wasn't directly followed by horror and tragedy? It's just not in his cards to win, ever.

But if it ends up Rasputin gets the body, maybe he'll go for some bacon and floozies himself.

Bacon and floozies, then right back to fomenting the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    Will bacon and floozies be johann's first stop if he gets a body back?
    Yes, and delicious hoagies too!

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    I really don't think he will get the body, though. When has anything good ever happened to that man that wasn't directly followed by horror and tragedy? It's just not in his cards to win, ever.
    Also a pretty big deal was made about Johann getting a fancy new containment suit and it seems a bit of a waste of time and energy to design and promote that if he will be ditching it a few issues later for a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Sal Tasso is from Abe Sapien: The Abyssal Plain and Abe Sapien: The Devil Does Not Jest. I doubt he'll be killed off just yet. Too much work has gone into developing him.
    Ace! Looking forward to getting round to reading them even more now!

Preview of issue 3: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13956

I haven't read it, no spoilers!

Another great issue and an unanticipated twist, I had thought that those nazi guys were going to bring back Rasputin in that body but it seems that they may have brought something else over instead. I can't wait to find out what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Another great issue and an unanticipated twist, I had thought that those nazi guys were going to bring back Rasputin in that body but it seems that they may have brought something else over instead. I can't wait to find out what happens.
    Actually, ZINCO can't bring Rasputin back. They may think they can, but his soul was destroyed in the sixth issue of Darkness Calls. There's nothing left of him.

...Actually, now I'm not sure. Does anyone remember what happened there?
    Last edited by Middenway; 10-31-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Baba Yaga catches a little piece of him at the end of Conqueror Worm and keeps it in a nutshell... she describes it as "less than a spark, a breadcrumb" or something. In Darkness Calls when her servant points to the nutshell and tells her she still has some power left to use against Hellboy she says "no not that... not him" and tosses the nutshell down amongst the roots of the world tree.

So... i guess Rasputin is still around and capable of being restored somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Actually, ZINCO can't bring Rasputin back. They may think they can, but his soul was destroyed in the sixth issue of Darkness Calls. There's nothing left of him.

...Actually, now I'm not sure. Does anyone remember what happened there?
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpernel View Post
    Baba Yaga catches a little piece of him at the end of Conqueror Worm and keeps it in a nutshell... she describes it as "less than a spark, a breadcrumb" or something. In Darkness Calls when her servant points to the nutshell and tells her she still has some power left to use against Hellboy she says "no not that... not him" and tosses the nutshell down amongst the roots of the world tree.

Indeed, the Baba Yaga puts a piece of Rasputin's soul into an acorn shell, which she later comes to be tossing down the roots of the World Tree.

But I took that to meaning Rasputin's effective death, because up to the Baba Yaga intervening Rasputin had been like the ultimate necromancer himself.
    Which the Baba Yaga's intervention put a stop to.
    In representations of the World Tree "Ygdrassil", the beyond of the roots would be where death would be, by means of a deep or a cave, as being the place where an end-bringing Beast would tend to the dead as by ending them forgood.
    So I would think that tossing that nut down there would mean the sure end of Rasputin, as if he could never be restored or either be restoring himself.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-01-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

With the scientists saying they were pulling his essence from the radiation emitted from the Ogdru Jahad I figured that perhaps there was a trade that happened with Rasputin; he previously said that each time he died he became closer to the master so perhaps he had to leave a little bit with his master in exchange for that. The scientists hoped to be able to extract that spirit but it would seem the crazy Russian guy already beat them to it by meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpernel View Post

Baba Yaga wanted to use the spark to help Koschei, her servant is the one who took the acorn off her and tossed it into the World Tree's roots.
    "The evil I can tolerate, but the stupidity!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Baba Yaga wanted to use the spark to help Koschei, her servant is the one who took the acorn off her and tossed it into the World Tree's roots.
    It's been a while since i read it so probably.

For whatever reason the latest issue of Return of the Master was a little more uneven in the artistic approach to me. In all fairness some of the imagery really blew me away- armies of gooey monsters chasing down BPRD agents, or the scene of the major baddie staring off into space (literally) with stars in his eyes. Some scary and fun imagery for sure. But some other parts felt a little less in line with Tyler's typical artistic badassery. Otherwise I'm liking where the story is going, am enjoying the bickering of Kroenen and his pal, but part of me hopes that the overall direction isn't leading directly to the return of Rapsutin as it seems to be. I'm kind of done with that guy and felt that his end awhile back was a more than appropriate one for him.