Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think the biggest thing is the Utopia/Atlantis comparisons. I originally wanted to make these two their own thread, but they ended up inspiring this one instead.
    XPOTM:September 2010

I would definitely like to read more stories involving these two; I think their dynamic has been great in Uncanny and especially like Namor's begrudged sense of respect for Scott (going as far as seeing wanting to bed down his woman as a sign of admiration).
    As for further similarities, they have both been cast as villains by mainstream society for defending the interests of their respective peoples.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Well Namor is clearly the alpha wolf.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time writing anything that isn't "the bread in an Emma sandwich"...

>.>
    Yes! If anyone could co-ordinate that, it would be Emma.

This is true. Teon recognized Namor as such.

I couldn't think of a good land animal to make Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    I think the biggest thing is the Utopia/Atlantis comparisons. I originally wanted to make these two their own thread, but they ended up inspiring this one instead.
    I agree. I'm trying to think of other attributes they share in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I would definitely like to read more stories involving these two; I think their dynamic has been great in Uncanny and especially like Namor's begrudged sense of respect for Scott (going as far as seeing wanting to bed down his woman as a sign of admiration).
    As for further similarities, they have both been cast as villains by mainstream society for defending the interests of their respective peoples.
    I don't think Namor's attraction for Emma is associated with his admiration for Scott, but I do agree they have an interesting dynamic, that we don't see enough of.

Majestic Dolphin.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Majestic Dolphin.
    Land animal!

I loved that Uncanny AvX tie-in from Namor's point of view. I hope Gillen continues to write him post AvX.

I loved that Uncanny AvX tie-in from Namor's point of view. I hope Gillen continues to write him post AvX.
    Me too. Maybe KG can incorporate Namor into his new Iron Man book and slowly allow him to take over as the main character.

As far as land animals go, I guess Scott would best fit as a border collie - high strung and super controlling.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Me too. Maybe KG can incorporate Namor into his new Iron Man book and slowly allow him to take over as the main character.

As far as land animals go, I guess Scott would best fit as a border collie - high strung and super controlling.
    Maybe Namor is the new Iron Man. The armor is different, and they said people would get new identities. That would be fun.

Land animal!

LOL! I was trying to think of something high strung, but could only come with a Dachshund ... and that's not right.

Iron Man armor would cover far too much of Namor. But if that's the sacrifice we have to make to keep Gillen writing Namor ... so sorry Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Iron Man armor would cover far too much of Namor. But if that's the sacrifice we have to make to keep Gillen writing Namor ... so sorry Tony.
    Perhaps Namor could just fashion Iron Man's faceplate into a codpiece and that would be his version of wearing the armor.
    how's that for a mental image?
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Okay, I have to leave, but the best I can come up with so far is that both Cyke and Namor have relationships with strong women, though I think for different reasons. I'm not sure Cyke actually likes women, whereas I'm fairly certain Namor does.

Both Cyke and Namor share a sense of isolation. Cyke because he was orphaned and later because of his mutant abilities. Namor because of his skin color and perhaps his position.

Perhaps Namor could just fashion Iron Man's faceplate into a codpiece and that would be his version of wearing the armor.
    how's that for a mental image?
    LOL! I'll be smiling all the way home!

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Lately, he's been an...

Yes because joining another team is logically exactly the same as betraying the group of people whose only real connection to you is your genetic make-up.
    Fighting and bleeding along side someone for years give you a real connection, as real as blood or more so.

When the other team works for one of your worst enemies it does make it betrayal
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied