View Poll Results: How do you like hush

Voters
42. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Hate him

6 14.29%
  • Don't care

14 33.33%
  • I like him

22 52.38%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    The character I felt didn't get really interesting until Paul Dini got his hands on the character in Heart of Hush and Streets of Gotham.
    This, and I think the origin story in Arkham City by Dini is far more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    I hope Snyder grabs Hush and do his own bloody and gory spin on it.
    I am glad Daniels didn't, because that is what I thought when I saw the Joker's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Steel View Post
    I respect people's opinions on comics here in this forum, but like some people who just call things "trash" and move on is kinda lame - so it's nice to see an enthusiastic and positive post/reply...what we need more of in the CBR forums
    Yeah, let's not be critical about stuff! Hooray for anti-intellectualism!

Let's watch the monkey dance.

Anti-intellectualism.

Make fun of the South of France.

Anti-intellectualism.

I found these balls, they're made of brass.
    This little bathtub smells like ass.
    Look! A see-through wall of glass.

Anti-intellectualism.

Let's watch the monkey dance.

Anti-intellectualism.

Make fun of the South of France.

Anti-intellectualism.

I bet this bike goes really fast!
    Oh, and by the way, kiss my ass!

Antiantiantiantiantiantiantianti anti-intellectualism.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

WHaaaat!?!!?
    I thought Hush was an amazing read. It had like every major character inter-twined into one story like Loeb's previous work.
    Huuuge stepping stone in the relationship between Batman and Catwoman.
    Not to mention The Batman/Superman fight (I thought the narration during that was pretty cool)
    And the graveyard scene with Jason Todd

In my opinion, its not a great comic but it has its moments. I seem to remember really getting into it in the middle of the series and then loosing enthusiasm at the end when we got to the mystery reveal stuff.

I do have to admit my secret shame.............I actually like Hush as a villain. I can't really put my finger on it but I have really enjoyed his appearances since Hush (and didn't mind him during it).
    Last edited by Aelle3; 07-11-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

It is entertaining to read through and Jim Lee's art is beautiful. But having read Hush after the Long Halloween and Dark Victory, you will probably realize that all three stories are the same, complete with Bat's repetitive monologues every chapters
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

I thought Hush was pretty good. The art is what really sold it though. I don't think it ranks very high compared to other Batman stories but it's far from trash.

I like Hush. It is what it is. It's a superhero blockbuster movie starring Batman with obligatory continuity references. It's entry-level Batman. Batman for beginners. But it's decent enough stuff, and it's the last time that Jim Lee's art was truly astonishing, to me; I don't know if he's rushing or if it's because of his eye surgery, but Lee's Justice League art doesn't look nearly as gorgeous as Hush, even ten years on, nearly. Hush isn't a smart Batman story, but sometimes these things don't have to be groundbreaking or Morrison-level 'clever'.

Its good for beginners, which I was when I read in trade paperback a few years ago. Its a nice introduction to the Bat-family. The writing is decent, although the plot was pretty lousy and Hush wasn't a great villain. I do think it might be Jim Lee's best work, his new Justice League nowadays work just isn't as good IMO. With a less talented artist, I think the story would have drifted into obscurity by now.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Hush is a great villain. Leob just can't write a new story. If the artwork wasn't done by Lee it would have been almost unreadable. Sure it changed Bruce and Selina's relationship, but that was happening for years. When Dini got a hold of the character he became one of the best villains Batman has. Heart of Hush, Streets of Gotham, and Arkham City are perfect examples of what the character is capable of in the right hands.

Not hearing allot of love for Hush here. I liked it quite a bit. It was far from perfect; It was predictable, I figured out almost every mystery before the reveal. I thought Bruce was a dick to Selina, so much so that I wondered why she didn't just leave. I didn't like the way Croc looked. Those things weren't enough to keep me from really enjoying the story, and it was a very good story.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

I just reread this and still loved it. I don't get why there is so much hate for this, yet so much love for Long Halloween and Dark Victory.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I enjoyed the story and the art a lot.
    Who's there?

This came out just as I was getting back into collecting comic books, and specifically into Batman. I was just done reading classics like Dark Knight Returns, Year One, The Long Halloween/Dark Victory in TP form, so I decided to collect this in single issues.

Honestly, I don't think I liked it QUITE as much as the titles I listed above, even back in 2002, and it's certainly not held up as well...but it's a fun story. Not deep in anyway, but, as others have pointed, a 'summer blockbuster' type of fun story. I enjoyed the tour of the DCU we got thanks to Loeb's dropping in all the different characters, and Jim Lee's art is all sorts of terrific.

Once again, as others have pointed, if it weren't for HUSH, we would never had Paul Dini's far superior Heart of Hush come along years later. So, there's that to think about, too.

That art was nice and the story was just simple enough for me to get back into Batman with.
    Nothing amazing but it gets the job done
    Not really worthy of the iconic story label
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

I also re-read it recently for the first time in at least four years, and enjoyed it a lot more than I remember. Not in the league of the all-time greats, obviously, but a lot of fun. Heart of Hush is much better, though.