Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    We eat, frog, sleep and die. Sounds about the same thing that happens with wild animals on the savannah.
    Except we have the choice to be and do more, they don't.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Plus, in my experience, the girls that frequent comic shops are a) relatively small in number, and b) just as dorky and socially awkward as their male counterparts.
    I feel so insulted

I get hit on and chat up quite a bit. I don't mind that, it strokes my ego, but I absolutely despise it when some guys just stare like they've never seen a woman before. Am I socially awkward? No...I own a bar with my husband, I used to model, if I'm selling at a convention I bring along 3-4 sexy girls with big boobs and curves in all the right places (usually from the bar) that attract a crowd and we flirt (it works if we make $5-6k at the end of the day)....

Would I seek a mate at a comic con? (For the record, I'm married and just had little jez). Simply put, I'm not judgmental, some of the guys that my dealer and myself consider our better customers and friends in the local comic circuit are good looking guys with well paying jobs and I've met losers all my life in just about every social area there is (campus, office, elite clubs, gyms, bars, parties etc) so it's not that I'd have a reason to 'discriminate' against guys who come to a comic con. Of course, if you're shorter than me (I'm 5ft 9, over 6ft 1 in heels), have the personality of a tree-stump, are ignorant, boring, full of yourself, odds are you won't get my cell number in a comic store or anywhere else (although I made the exception for my dealer who's shorter than me and a pervert, somehow he still became one of my best friends)...

But I digress...anything more specific, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Jezebel Bond; 07-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

mil't 'sthete&consumerist

JB, you made my night! Note that I did reply, in effect, that my mate and I could be socially awkward together, for whatever that might mean. All may judge whether I am socially awkward for themselves; I'm certainly eloquent and well-spoken. It's great you and your husband are so enlightened. Speaking of flirting, why do you use such a flirtatious avatar? I have said I tend to identify a poster closely in my mind with their avatar. This is an understandable tendency. More to everyone when time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by BDiogenes View Post
    I'm certainly eloquent and well-spoken.
    You left out modest, BD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    if you're shorter than me (I'm 5ft 9, over 6ft 1 in heels)
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

I read a book on non verbal communication. Almost immediately my sex life increased 1800%.
    i made that number up but it certainly felt like a drastic change in my favor occurred. I'm married with kids now and
    I recently rescued a cat I named "Charley Ultron Schmoopie Schmoopiekins Hiddleston Chocolate Racecar Purple Monkey Dishwasher Hooray Dahl"
    I forget the contents of the book but it certainly helped me. Every little bit helps. I now wish I remembered the title and place of that book.. .

Apparently women are fluent in non verbal communication. After life as a second class citizen for such a long time, non verbal communication has
    been something women are experts at reading and transmitting.

...<shrugs> with hands open face up and eyebrows stretched and lips pursed while holding breath.

Kittie Smalls was an option.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by svp View Post
    "Charley Ultron Schmoopie Schmoopiekins Hiddleston Chocolate Racecar Purple Monkey Dishwasher Hooray Dahl"
    I think I went to school with a guy by that name.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Related question -- if your LCS guy is a swinger, should you get with his hot wife? If something goes wrong, is it worth the threat to your pull list?
    Pulling for: HATE!; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Doktor Sleepless; S.H.I.E.L.D.; Sergio Aragones Funnies; The Manhattan Projects; MIND MGMT; Nightcrawler

I get hit on and chat up quite a bit. I don't mind that, it strokes my ego, but I absolutely despise it when some guys just stare Of course, if you're shorter than me (I'm 5ft 9, over 6ft 1 in heels),
    Maybe lay off the FM heels a bit and the men will calm down.

svp, did the book exist in 1971? There was a paperback then with a very similar title to a predecessor, both maybe two words with one word in common. Presently, with time elapsing in my world, I cheated by going to Wikipedia for hints. The first was Body Language and the paperback Body Talk, and I specifically remember referencing the introduction to the latter to one of my sweethearts after we walked from our elementary school graduation party en masse...for quite saucy reasons.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    Maybe lay off the FM heels a bit and the men will calm down.
    What are FM heels?

Even better, I bet if she wore some kind of robe with a hood that covered her entire face and body the men would really calm down.

inferno, being a fan I guessed FM to be Frankenstein Monster, but urbandictionary.com says otherwise. I disapprove of your statement and dispute high heels are erotic, or should be. They are podiatrically unhealthy so screw men who covet them. Let them go to a holodeck.
    Last edited by BDiogenes; 07-16-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo

It is a phenomenon that something like high heels can make men lose their minds. And attractive women know that it does. ( Note to self, Make sure to bring 3 or 4 hot women with me if I ever start a business).
    Life is what you make it.

I don't remember the book other than it had red on the cover. It was in the late 1980's I read it. I have decided to write down the mish mash memories I do have from that time period. It's just fleeting moments which is frustrating but then I had gone through alot of pain in the mid 2000's which caused most of my memories to be thrown out. I guess during high constant pain the brain throws out memory in huge chunks. I had a very good memory up until that point. I do look upon the memories, even the bad ones, fondly. Weird mix up in my head. I think if I write it out
    then I'll feel better about everything.

I usually look at copywrite dates when I read a book, but I don't think I looked at it back then. The book itself was not mine and I took it and returned it without the person knowing.