Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I think she'll do a good job. I hadn't thought of Hathaway as a candidate for the role, but when I heard her name announced I thought it was a good casting. She has the looks and from what I've seen the acting ability. I'm just not too big a fan of the costume.

She will do fine ,God and the custume is Awsome.

Really could care less about Catwoman in this movie. Everything I've read leads me to believe that she won't have that big of a role in the movie, and the costume looks pretty bad as well. Don't know if she can portray Selina well, but I'll save any further judgement until I've seen the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleACD View Post
    I love Anne Hathaway and I watch most anything she does but when I heard she had been cast as Selina/Catwoman I wasn't the most excited about it.

Until, I saw her in Love and Other Drugs with Jake Gyllenhaal. There is a moment where she is wearing leggings and she starts to stretch... it only lasts a few seconds but at that moment the first thing that came to my mind was; Catwoman.

And I've always loved Catwoman with long hair so I'm happy to see that Nolan is going that route.
    I'm glad Nolan didn't use that ugly bald hooker that Frank Miller thought when he did Year One for this movie which i always despised that Catwoman.

She just doesn't look like Catwoman to me. She's a good actress so she might pull it off, but I'm not expecting to be blown away.

What I don't get is that on Jimmy Fallon today she had short hair and in the movie it is long. I prefer long hair, but I think Selina needs it to be short.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What I don't get is that on Jimmy Fallon today she had short hair and in the movie it is long. I prefer long hair, but I think Selina needs it to be short.
    She has short hair for playing Fantine in the movie adaptation of Les Miserables. My thought it Christopher Nolan wanted her to have long hair for his look for his Newmar/Sale/Cooke Catwoman Hybrid. I wish he would have had her be a little more edgy and just buzzed it all together, or grow out slightly. I think Hathaway is more attractive with short hair, actually.

I just don't get the appeal of Anne Hathaway. She's not very attractive and has never struck me as being seductive at all. Maybe things will change once the movie is out, but as of right now I'm not too excited for her role as catwoman. It's been said many times, but Nolan has never casted the female roles very well.

Quote Originally Posted by speedline View Post
    I just don't get the appeal of Anne Hathaway. She's not very attractive and has never struck me as being seductive at all. Maybe things will change once the movie is out, but as of right now I'm not too excited for her role as catwoman. It's been said many times, but Nolan has never casted the female roles very well.

Agree totally, and what's with her doing the scruffy voice? " You've given them evvvvveerrrythiing"
    Ugh.

From what I've been reading on other forums, people who've seen screenings are praising her performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Stone View Post
    Agree totally, and what's with her doing the scruffy voice? " You've given them evvvvveerrrythiing"
    Ugh.
    Funnily enough, it's called acting. You know, that thing where you actually try to create the emotions and actions of a fictional character? If she sounds terse, it's because the scene is terse. She doesn't sound 'scruffy' when she does the 'don't be shy' line, just as Hardy sounds completely different when he does the bleak 'I am Gotham's reckoning' line compared to the utterly showman-esque 'let the games begin'.

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    cute or not i think she absolutly has the face of catwoman almost exactly (Note: my vision of catwomans face is ones drawn by adam hudges and gillium march)

and to ANYONE who claims she isnt hot or sexy enought to play catwoman

Yeah Good Luck With that
    Okay, you convinced me.
    Last edited by The Darknight Detective; 07-15-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

So I'm avoiding review threads, etc. BUT what are people saying about Hathaway's performance as Catwoman?

My friend saw it and I asked her about Hathaway. She said she was actually really good and that initially she was confused and turned off that she was cast but she won her over in the film.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

From what I've seen, Hathaway is getting really good reviews for her performance.

Hathaway actually seems to be getting better reviews for her performance as Selina than Hardy as Bane, from what I've seen.