Page 568 of 662 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 9926
    Needs more shelf space Kewbamboo's Avatar

Can't decide if I want to pay up for the John Byrne FF AE. I have the Daredevil AE and it is amazing. Leaning towards it, but my preorders are adding up! What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post
    Omnibus,

Good call of convincing me to wait to sell my Incredible Hulk omnibus. It keeps going up in value.

I also wanted to mention that I am willing to trade to the following: I will also post this in the trading thread, but here are the titles I am looking to unload for the right price:
    X-men Inferno OSHC
    X-men Inferno Crossover OSHC
    X-men Fall of Mutants
    Incredible Hulk
    Captain America by Jack Kirby
    New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 (The price of this is going UP)
    Acts of Vengeance
    Acts of Vengeance Crossovers.

I have also decided that ANY of my omnibus are for sale at the RIGHT price.
    I wouldn't blame you for trading that other stuff, but New Titans 1 & 2!?! Those books are solid gold!

Just a note to say the idea of a 2012/2013 survey has not gone by the wayside! Since everyone's feedback was that they preferred to keep the survey responses out of the thread itself, another member volunteered to assist with creating a survey elsewhere on the web for us to visit.

I'll keep you updated on when we have it ready; it will be open for response for two weeks from when we launch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewbamboo View Post
    Can't decide if I want to pay up for the John Byrne FF AE. I have the Daredevil AE and it is amazing. Leaning towards it, but my preorders are adding up! What do you all think?
    I'm in the same boat with way too many preorders, but the John Byrne AE is top of the list for me, it should be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kewbamboo View Post
    Go for it! Should be an awesome book! You can preorder all the way thru March on CGN so you have some time to decide.

DCBService.com has these HCs listed for preorder at 50% off:

Iron Man Prem Believe HC Volume 1 $12.49
    Marvel Now Omnibus $49.99
    MMW Avengers Volume 13 HC $34.99
    Oz Road to Oz HC $12.49
    Uncanny Avengers Prem HC Volume 1 $12.49
    Wolverine Adamantium Collection Slipcase HC $100.00
    Wolverine by Claremont and Miller HC $12.49
    Wolverine Origin HC $14.99
    Wolverine Sabretooth HC $19.99

I would imagine that all of these will be listed on InstockTrades.com (DCBService's sister site) for 50% off the week of release as well.
    Last edited by chicainery; 01-05-2013 at 10:27 PM.

I read Remender Punisher over my semester break, and man it was just as awesome as I expected. Can't wait to dig in into fear agent now. Is it surprising that I haven't bought a single marvel omni since July? I'll be spending a crapload next month though.

Going to pull silver age Captain America off the OOP List and put back on the Going OOP list as Amazon got a few more copies in (10 left as of now).

In true Marvel fashion Captain America can't stay dead....this was the third time it sold out on Amazon but they were able to resupply from Hachette.

Gil Kane's Spider-man Artist Edition finally comes out this Wednesday.

He is the new regular cover

There is also a variant edition which I like a lot more.

Question is where do you get the variant cover? Does anyone know where to order one?
    Last edited by Omnibus; 01-06-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Probably on IDW's website. If I go to Pulp Fiction/CGN this weekend maybe I can purchase it. Hopefully I don't walk out with a new omni. I remember I bought the Walt Simonson Thor AE for 90 bucks on Amazon after Comic-Con.
    Winner of the 1st Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League
    Winner of the 2nd Annual CBR X-Board Fantasy Football League

I like the Artist Edition line and Spider-Man, but I'm not certain I enjoy how Gil Kane drew Spidey. It was a real departure from Romita's fantastic work on the series--even when Romita inked Kane! I read all the Spider-Man MMWs last year and didn't have the same love for Kane as I did Romita. I think I enjoyed Ross Andru's work on ASM more than Kane, too.
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 01-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Dan Ketch > Johnny Blaze funeralthirst7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    I read Remender Punisher over my semester break, and man it was just as awesome as I expected. Can't wait to dig in into fear agent now. Is it surprising that I haven't bought a single marvel omni since July? I'll be spending a crapload next month though.
    I hated that run. I remember reading it up until the middle of Frankencastle and thinking "man,this Remender guy sucks." Then Uncanny X-Force came out and I completely reversed course. I still think his Punisher run was awful though.

Dan Ketch > Johnny Blaze funeralthirst7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    I picked up a Howard the Duck for cover price today. Not bad for a book that is WAY out of print and a copy sold on eBay for $300 recently.

Here's the thing about this post: I'm posting this to let everyone know that THESE BOOKS ARE STILL OUT THERE AND AFFORDABLE if you look for them long enough.

And Howard the Duck is one of those that Marvel will probably NEVER reprint. For one, it was such a contentious character/book for Marvel, plus the fact that it's not one of the more popular omnibuses make it a sure-to-be-forever-out-of-print book. I loved the stories contained in this one and it works so well with the Man-Thing Omnibus. It's amazing that Steve Gerber gets this much love from Marvel after his death, seeing as how they had a rough relationship during the late 1970s and 1980s over the Duck.
    But, I'm glad Marvel printed this one, just like TOD, Man-Thing and John Carter, which are some of the best comics of the 1970s.
    Wow. That's fantastic. I'd jump on that in a heartbeat if I saw it for anywhere near cover price. I've wanted it for awhile now, having never read any of the material contained within, but refuse to spend close to $300 for it. Maybe it's time to set up an Ebay alert for it.

Quote Originally Posted by funeralthirst7 View Post
    I hated that run. I remember reading it up until the middle of Frankencastle and thinking "man,this Remender guy sucks." Then Uncanny X-Force came out and I completely reversed course. I still think his Punisher run was awful though.
    I hated it, too, especially the Frankencastle. I had really hoped that Marvel had moved away from all that with the Punisher (Fraction's run was bad too - remember "Cap America" Punisher?)

But later one, I started thinking that the run might not have been that bad if it wasn't the Punisher character Remender used, and maybe a different character or one he invented. Oh well.

I'm actually somewhat enjoying his uncanny avengers.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    His punisher was great! It was really fun, and different to what Ennis was doing for those 8 years or however many he wrote the character(which is I think the best treatment punisher ever got). I enjoyed the issues that Rucka has done, but I doubt that'll ever be collected in oversized form.