Page 554 of 662 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 9926
    Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    I love the larger-sized omnibus format, but, for the money, Dark Horse's omnibus line is a great way to get large amounts of comics in one package. I know that most people here don't like the medium-sized TPB format, but, the smaller omnibuses are great for reading on the go. They are easy to pack around and easy to just take along and read on trips. I read all three of the Indiana Jones Omnibuses and some Star Wars Omnibuses and, for $25 each, they were all bargains. I also didn't care to rough them up by reading them and packing them around with me.
    I think it would be really awesome if Marvel could adopt that same style, so that we'd get long runs of titles in cheap formats (and I know the Essentials line is doing that, but it's not in color).
    They're great for what they are. I have a few, Grimjack, Indiana Jones and some Star Wars but I would not want to give Marvel another collected editions format to further split their offerings. I would hate to see Marvel put out something like the Captain America omnibus vol 1 in one of those instead of the omnibus.

For things that would never be collected otherwise or only in essentials, I'd be all for it.

A few years back, Dark Horse's PR department sent me a full set of the Hellboy TPBs and I never could get into them.
    How much of Hellboy did you read?

I ask because I've only read the first trade (scripted by Byrne) and have been told it gets so much better after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    They're great for what they are. I have a few, Grimjack, Indiana Jones and some Star Wars but I would not want to give Marvel another collected editions format to further split their offerings. I would hate to see Marvel put out something like the Captain America omnibus vol 1 in one of those instead of the omnibus.

For things that would never be collected otherwise or only in essentials, I'd be all for it.
    Yes, I completely agree. However, after the OHC omnibus has gone OOP, then I wouldn't mind seeing it go into the medium-sized omnibus format. And stuff like New Warriors would work better in this format than in the OHC format, in my opinion. That way, we'd get a chance to read the entire run in about four omnibuses that would be cheap and easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    How much of Hellboy did you read?

I ask because I've only read the first trade (scripted by Byrne) and have been told it gets so much better after that.
    I reviewed them all. I didn't enjoy them at all.

Yes, I completely agree. However, after the OHC omnibus has gone OOP, then I wouldn't mind seeing it go into the medium-sized omnibus format. And stuff like New Warriors would work better in this format than in the OHC format, in my opinion. That way, we'd get a chance to read the entire run in about four omnibuses that would be cheap and easy to read.
    I think we've talked about this before but the Ultimate Collections they do are close enough for me. There is something to be said for the mini page size though.

It's kinda funny looking at my shelves. When I compare my DH books to my normal trades the DH books look tiny, but the same normal sized trades look shrimpy next to the OHCs. And the manga volumes look positively microscopic!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    How the hell do you upload photos to this site? I hit "insert photo"; then select file from computer. I even shrank them down to where you can barely see them and they won't show up. Thank.s
    Hmmm. I've never tried to upload a pic from my computer to post on the forum. I've always put my pics on Photobucket or some pic hosting site, and then used the "insert from URL" tab.

I tried doing it the other way just now, and kept getting an error message. I don't know if you actually CAN post picture you've uploaded directly from your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Hmmm. I've never tried to upload a pic from my computer to post on the forum. I've always put my pics on Photobucket or some pic hosting site, and then used the "insert from URL" tab.

I tried doing it the other way just now, and kept getting an error message. I don't know if you actually CAN post picture you've uploaded directly from your computer.
    Yes, you have to put the pictures on another hosting site and insert the link in the URL tab.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 12-31-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I think we've talked about this before but the Ultimate Collections they do are close enough for me. There is something to be said for the mini page size though.

It's kinda funny looking at my shelves. When I compare my DH books to my normal trades the DH books look tiny, but the same normal sized trades look shrimpy next to the OHCs. And the manga volumes look positively microscopic!
    I love the Ultimate Collections, that's for sure. I am contemplating selling off some of my omnibuses that can be replaced with the Ultimate Collections, such as Bendis and Brubaker DDs.

I love the Ultimate Collections, that's for sure. I am contemplating selling off some of my omnibuses that can be replaced with the Ultimate Collections, such as Bendis and Brubaker DDs.
    I have thought about it as well on more than one occasion and in the end I want to keep the omnibuses.

Who knows down the line if I change my mind and sell for a nice price and replace them with the ultimate collections or even a digital version of the run on the iPad.

I reviewed them all. I didn't enjoy them at all.
    Do you have a link or can you post your reviews?

It would be beneficial to see if the reasons you didn't care for Hellboy are the same as the reasons that I have never got into it because I've been very tempted to give this series another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Thor going OOP makes me feel bad for my buddy, who fell in love with my copy but dilly-dallied and never got around to buying one of his own.
    Same thing happened to me. I did find a copy on Amazon Canada.

Happy New Year my fellow dorks! Its New Year already here in the Philippines!!!

That said, you guys getting Waid's Daredevil OHC this Feb? Or just wait for an Omnibus years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Happy New Year my fellow dorks! Its New Year already here in the Philippines!!!

That said, you guys getting Waid's Daredevil OHC this Feb? Or just wait for an Omnibus years from now?
    Of course I'm getting Waid's Daredevil OSHC! I've been looking forward to reading this series since it started.

So you wont wait for an assured Omni?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    So you wont wait for an assured Omni?
    No, OSHC is just as good, if not better, to me.