Page 549 of 662 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 9926

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Speaking of awful 90's stories, did they REALLY need to print the KINGS OF PAIN storyline in both the X-Force and New warriors Omnibus??? It's not bad enough that, IMO, the story sucks. But it's an Annual storyline so it takes up a bunch of pages (probably 120 pages). Maybe they could've released a hardcover and given 5-6 more issues to the monthly inside in the Omni?
    I'd not realized that the double-reprint was going on until you pointed it out. Wow. I recall buying up those annuals when they came out and, indeed, they were not memorable to the extent that immediately prior ones such as "Days of Future Present" had been.

Perhaps I'm looking at an incomplete listing, but it also appears that the "X-Force" omnibus will only contain the "X-Force" annual portion of "Shattershot." Am I misreading the solicitations?
    Reviews, Adventures, Advice, and Creative Works:

http://www.studioremarkable.com/

I have a quick Q for you guys. I just received X-tinction Agenda and I'm not sure where to place it in Omni/OHC reading order because of the UXM issues.
    It seems the most logical point would be between Claremont/Lee Vol 2 and Bishop's Crossing but there are some issues that take place before Inferno... I'm OCD like that.

Now for Christmas technically I got nothing but before it I treated myself to a bunch of X-Men OHC and filling a bunch of gaps in my DC TPB (the whole Blackest Night run, War Games, WW Rucka and more).

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I have a quick Q for you guys. I just received X-tinction Agenda and I'm not sure where to place it in Omni/OHC reading order because of the UXM issues.
    It seems the most logical point would be between Claremont/Lee Vol 2 and Bishop's Crossing but there are some issues that take place before Inferno... I'm OCD like that.

Now for Christmas technically I got nothing but before it I treated myself to a bunch of X-Men OHC and filling a bunch of gaps in my DC TPB (the whole Blackest Night run, War Games, WW Rucka and more).
    X-Tinction comes exactly between Claremont/Lee 1 and Claremont Lee 2. However, you're right - it does include three issues that directly precede the Inferno OHC.

This gives you a little bit of power over your shelf appearance ;) If you prefer to see the two Omnis back to back, then shelve X-Tinction prior to Inferno. If that doesn't bug you, then it fits just as well between the two omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    I just realized that Marvel has also stopped the slipcased hardcover movie Art of books.
    They have also stopped releasing the 'Marvel Art of...' books after the ones devoted to Djurdjevic, Quesada, Deodato and Romita Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    X-Tinction comes exactly between Claremont/Lee 1 and Claremont Lee 2. However, you're right - it does include three issues that directly precede the Inferno OHC.

This gives you a little bit of power over your shelf appearance ;) If you prefer to see the two Omnis back to back, then shelve X-Tinction prior to Inferno. If that doesn't bug you, then it fits just as well between the two omnis.
    Cool! I'm anal, I like to have stuff organized in continuity order so I put it between the 2 Omnis :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Cool! I'm anal...
    There's something you don't hear someone getting excited about everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    They have also stopped releasing the 'Marvel Art of...' books after the ones devoted to Djurdjevic, Quesada, Deodato and Romita Jr.
    I'm not slamming anything here, but you have to wonder if all these changes to the trades area is Disney finally devoting some time to it. I've been a part of some decent sized mergers in my past corporate life (before I finally got out and now work for a <50 employee company!), and nothing changes on day 1 of the finalized merger, heck nothing typically happens really until after the first year of the merger.

I'm thinking that Disney execs finally have worked their way through various depts. at their new property (Marvel), and have finally gotten to the trades area. Started really looking at things, what's profitable, what's not. TPBs sell much more than HCs, they're cheaper to make, etc..., hence that push. These art books and movie art books are big, expensive to make, I'm guessing don't sell that well, so they're scaling them back. Possibly this is for omnibuses, too - scaling them back as the margins are not great/money could be spent better elsewhere. People have noted the "there's gotta be 2-3 omnibuses for every new Marvel movie cuz that's what they've always done" and that so far for IM3 there's only one in the solicits so far. Perhaps they've even changed that philosophy, since let's be honest here, outside of US, no one's really clamoring for these big books.

Like I said, I'm not slamming Disney or Marvel - they're businesses and want to make the most money they can, and I get it. Perhaps this recent streamlining is just them trying to get things in order.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Well hopefully the Disney executives see that certain omnibus titles sell a lot better than others and tells Marvel to concentrate on those.

Quality omnibus releases over quantity should be the new order of business. Dare to dream?

Maybe they can also pull some titles out of the Di$ney vault for a reprint

Finally ordered X-Statix with the rest of my Christmas gift money, owing in part to enjoying the current Allred FF issues so much but moreso on all you cats' insistence on how good it is. Here's hoping it's as Thor-rivalling as y'all say.

Y'all - I want to survey everyone on their favorite releases of 2012 and their predictions for 2013.

A few questions:

1. Would you rather see everyone post their answers (it's a lot of questions, and it could be a LOT of posts!) or would you rather reply to a SurveyMonkey survey?

2. Would you like to see separate categories for Omnis and OHCs? I feel as though the line between the two is sometimes murky, as with "Bishop's Crossing," but then some smaller OHCs will never be able to compete with the Omnis.

3. Do you think a deadline of 1/6 gives everyone enough time to reply?

See this X-Men Awards thread for the general format I plan to employ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I'm not slamming anything here, but you have to wonder if all these changes to the trades area is Disney finally devoting some time to it. I've been a part of some decent sized mergers in my past corporate life (before I finally got out and now work for a <50 employee company!), and nothing changes on day 1 of the finalized merger, heck nothing typically happens really until after the first year of the merger.

I'm thinking that Disney execs finally have worked their way through various depts. at their new property (Marvel), and have finally gotten to the trades area. Started really looking at things, what's profitable, what's not. TPBs sell much more than HCs, they're cheaper to make, etc..., hence that push. These art books and movie art books are big, expensive to make, I'm guessing don't sell that well, so they're scaling them back. Possibly this is for omnibuses, too - scaling them back as the margins are not great/money could be spent better elsewhere. People have noted the "there's gotta be 2-3 omnibuses for every new Marvel movie cuz that's what they've always done" and that so far for IM3 there's only one in the solicits so far. Perhaps they've even changed that philosophy, since let's be honest here, outside of US, no one's really clamoring for these big books.

Like I said, I'm not slamming Disney or Marvel - they're businesses and want to make the most money they can, and I get it. Perhaps this recent streamlining is just them trying to get things in order.
    That may be the case with the OHCs and Omnis, but I doubt it for the movie art books. Disney has put out art books for it's animated releases for years, well before they bought Marvel. The first one I remember buying was Lion King. And I know they're still doing it, because they had a signing for the Wreck-It-Ralph art book HC recently.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    That may be the case with the OHCs and Omnis, but I doubt it for the movie art books. Disney has put out art books for it's animated releases for years, well before they bought Marvel. The first one I remember buying was Lion King. And I know they're still doing it, because they had a signing for the Wreck-It-Ralph art book HC recently.
    yeah, I just threw the art books in with the overall comics "trades dept" but you're right, it's probably held in a different division. I took my son to see Wreck-It-Ralph a few weeks back, it was pretty good.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

krisis,

1. Initially I preferred the answers to be posted within this thread, but thinking further the answers provided by posters and the final results could get swallowed up within the daily regular posts so perhaps a thread specifically titled for voting would be best if others agree? Maybe on page one of this thread on the first post just include a temporary permalink about the voting thread if that's what happens? Whatever is easier and causes less headaches all around I guess.

2. I suggest the collective route especially if it's less trouble for you to gather said data. I take it that premiere hardcovers and tpb's will not factor in at all despite some of us here who buy them too? If the voting is to be strictly omnibus + OHC specific I would not object at all.

3. It sounds like it would be enough time (about a week and a half) so long as everyone who wants to partake is fully aware of the window of time to submit answers by!

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Alright, let's be honest: the art of Joe Quesada is NOT the same as the Art of The Lion King. Two completely different audiences and as great as Joe Q may be, his name doesn't even compare to The Lion King. These art books are minimal-profit vanity books geared entirely toward the tiny comic-collecting community, whereas The Art of The Lion King is geared toward the mass market AND Disney collectors. Two completely different books with two completely different audiences.
    Disney will always make cartoon art books, but I think the vanity projects showcasing individual artists are dead. If you notice, very few artists get their own Disney "Art of" books.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    There's something you don't hear someone getting excited about everyday.
    I aim to please ;)