Page 542 of 662 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9926

So, does anyone know why the current-era Spider-Man titles are pretty much left out of the OHC and Omnibus formats? Since 2008, we've gotten...three. And two were from the highly-hyped Spider-Island crossover, meaning the second volume doesn't contain Spider-Man at all. No Brand New Day omnibus? No Gauntlet? I mean, I'm glad we finally got a volume two of the original series, but...

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You are setting out on the exact same mission I did in 2010. It can be done! You can check out the guide in my signature to know where to find all of those issues. However, aside from the tactical "where to find what" aspect, allow me to dispense some advise on the "get 'em all" nature of our shared mission:

Set an average cost per issue, and strictly maintain your purchases at that level in aggregate. Then, decide if you are going to try for Hardcovers when you can, if you want ALL TPBs, or a mix. Finally, determine how "used" you're willing to go on these books. I didn't mind remainder marks or shelfwear, and if something was really obscure I'd even take a bend - but no tears or library books.

As a result, my $/ish was $1.85 to collect the entire backlog of everything X-Men ever released through 2011 - hundreds of books and thousands of issues, and I did it in about 12 months.

I know that was two years ago, and things are out of print now that weren't at that time, but you can still fight for the lowest price on each book to keep your expenses down. Get things as cheaply as possible when you can - Amazon, eBay, Half, and even Craigslist are you friends. Use CamelCamelCamel on Amazon, get acquainted with setting up custom eBay searches with AND/OR operators, and add the eBay app to your phone so you can get live alerts.

For every book you snag at close to $1 an issue, that gives you a little more room to pay more for a slightly more obscure volume that has fallen out of print. You're only talking about 283 issues plus crossovers, annuals, and specials - even if you set an exorbitant (and eminently achievable) $4/issue goal, you'll spend just over $1,000 if you can stick with it.
    Reading this really makes we want to try and do it. Right now I'm settling on only collecting all X-Men OHCs but sometimes I start getting crazy and thinking about going for the whole shabang.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    So, does anyone know why the current-era Spider-Man titles are pretty much left out of the OHC and Omnibus formats? Since 2008, we've gotten...three. And two were from the highly-hyped Spider-Island crossover, meaning the second volume doesn't contain Spider-Man at all. No Brand New Day omnibus? No Gauntlet? I mean, I'm glad we finally got a volume two of the original series, but...
    No idea, and I didn't care until I read Spider-man Big Time Ultimate Collection. Now I want all of Slott's stuff in OHC. I don't know what the chances are though, especially considering Marvel's seemingly slashed OHC production plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Reading this really makes we want to try and do it. Right now I'm settling on only collecting all X-Men OHCs but sometimes I start getting crazy and thinking about going for the whole shabang.
    I'm sticking to OHC as well. My main collection is DC/Vertigo with some Star Wars thrown in. These are all TPB so there's no way I'm making the switch to HC/OHC for these.
    But I just got into Marvel and I like their OHC so I'm sticking to that format.

Makes it hard to collect everything I want though (Silver Surfer, Spidey, Infinty Gauntlet, Moon Knight...)
    Last edited by Drakul; 12-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    So while I am not getting the New Warriors omni and am still debating the x force omni, this 90s stuff has got my hopes up for a generation x omni which is one of my dream omnis that I never thought would happen. Would anyone else be all over this?
    I would. It's not on my dream list, but definitely on my want list.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Yeah it really is odd. Ultimate Spidey they did but not regular. I really didn't like Spider Island in all honestly though so I'd still probably get others being a series fan and OHC fan but I'm not that phased by their non-appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So with the news that Dark Horse will lose the Star Wars license this time next year in 2013 and the property reverting back to Marvel anyone think a Star Wars Omnibus might be in the cards a few years down the road?
    YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS OURS.

However, Marvel would only be able to make an omnibus of the 80s stuff since Marvel was the original publisher to those issues.

Dark Horse still owns and will always own the rights to the Star Wars books that they published. Unless they sell them to Marvel and that won't come cheap if they do.
    Last edited by merrick97; 12-21-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    My review of Absolute Dark Victory

If I were a MOD I would ban anyone who uses the stupid word "omniboo."

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post

However, Marvel would only be able to make an omnibus of the 80s stuff since Marvel was the original publisher to those issues.

Dark Horse still owns and will always own the rights to the Star Wars books that they published. Unless they sell them to Marvel and that won't come cheap if they do.
    Not being snarky but do you know that for a fact? Does DH own those comics or just licensed to write and publish them while Lucas owns all rights to the Star Wars comics and all content created? Does anyone know what the details are?

Would not be surprised at all if Lucas owned ALL the rights and now they are passed to Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    I'm probably one of those that lead Amazon to put it under review. Mine was shipped in a box with no packaging material of any sort, and predictably suffered as a result. They did offer me an extra 40% to keep it, though.

kinda nervous now since I bought my Fear Agent on Wednesday, it's already on it's way and I noticed it is now under review. hopefully my book arrives in a decent condition. I've had no issues with amazon and big books so far (knock on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by MFDoom View Post
    kinda nervous now since I bought my Fear Agent on Wednesday, it's already on it's way and I noticed it is now under review. hopefully my book arrives in a decent condition. I've had no issues with amazon and big books so far (knock on wood)
    Hope it comes protected, I had it sitting in my cart for a week, ready to buy tonight and saw it got pulled. Hurry up, Amazon.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Not being snarky but do you know that for a fact? Does DH own those comics or just licensed to write and publish them while Lucas owns all rights to the Star Wars comics and all content created? Does anyone know what the details are?

Would not be surprised at all if Lucas owned ALL the rights and now they are passed to Disney.
    I believe Merrick is wrong. DH was able to print the old marvel SW comics, and the Conan comics just fine. Don't see why Disney/Marvel wouldn't have access to the stories DH has done, as sad as it is
    Last edited by ER Prest; 12-22-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Hope it comes protected, I had it sitting in my cart for a week, ready to buy tonight and saw it got pulled. Hurry up, Amazon.
    A bit off-topic, but nevertheless: Talking about protection of Amazon's shipping, today a parcel REALLY pissed me off. Although Amazon.de's parcels are usually much better protected than Amazon.com's, I have received large Omnis in a similar fashion as those from .com: in a box that is too large with only one or two big bubbles for protection, leaving some of the corners dented.

But today I got a package that was filled with big bubbles on all sides, amazingly well-protected. But guess what was in that box? I kid you not - a blanket!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    A bit off-topic, but nevertheless: Talking about protection of Amazon's shipping, today a parcel REALLY pissed me off. Although Amazon.de's parcels are usually much better protected than Amazon.com's, I have received large Omnis in a similar fashion as those from .com: in a box that is too large with only one or two big bubbles for protection, leaving some of the corners dented.

But today I got a package that was filled with big bubbles on all sides, amazingly well-protected. But guess what was in that box? I kid you not - a blanket!!!
    But was it an OOP blanket?

Quote Originally Posted by Jelybely8 View Post
    But was it an OOP blanket?
    It was. Luckily the corners weren't dented, though.

Quote Originally Posted by merrick97 View Post

Where are you getting that from?