Page 541 of 662 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 9926

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Some terrible news for DH, and good news for Marvel

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/f...ck-marvel.html

I really wish DH would have been able to renew the contracts. Oh well, greedy Disney strikes again. I suppose we'll see some sort of Marvel Star Wars oversized book in about 2-3 years time.
    Ah man what the forum engine did swear-ifying the link. On my browser it reads

F...ck Marvel.html

Lol. It deleted the characters between start of front and back marvel.

Didn't idw print all the Marvel Star Wars though? In those micro omni? I would truly love to have 11" in the Marvel run.

I do have that 11" Dark Horse Luke Skywalker omni. Haven't read it yet though.
    Last edited by Mobe1969; 12-20-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Formerly GarbageMan

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Ah man what the forum engine did swear-ifying the link. On my browser it reads

F...ck Marvel.html

Lol. It deleted the characters between start of front and back marvel.

Didn't idw print all the Marvel Star Wars though? In those micro omni? I would truly love to have 11" in the Marvel run.

I do have that 11" Dark Horse Luke Skywalker omni. Haven't read it yet though.
    Hah, didn't even notice that!

No, DH has done SW for the past 20 years. IDW has Star Trek though.

And their omnibuses are 6x9 tpb books(with sewn binding recently) that often contain 400-600 color pages for 25 USD MSRP. Can't beat that. They do have a few oversized SW books, but their omnibus line sells, a lot, like 2000-3000 in the initial release month.
    Last edited by ER Prest; 12-20-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofsting View Post
    There needs to be more Spider Man Omniboo:

ASM/SSM by Stern
    ASM by Michelenie/Larsen
    ASM by Michelenie/Bagley
    ASM by JMS
    ASM by Slott
    ASM vol 3-4
    Damn right! Spiderman is the most well known Marvel character, I just don't understand how he has so few Omnibus comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Wow in a span of two days....Simonson Thor shot way up.

IST and TOW just sold out of them and CGN just bumped the price from $68.99 to $124.99.

Ebay prices will climb as well.

Guess I can officially move it to the OOP list on page 1.
    got it just in time then. On that note I just started collecting Marvel a scarce few months ago and here I am

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2073.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	106015

Needs more shelf space Kewbamboo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Damn right! Spiderman is the most well known Marvel character, I just don't understand how he has so few Omnibus comparatively.

got it just in time then. On that note I just started collecting Marvel a scarce few months ago and here I am

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2073.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	106015
    Cool bookcases!

Quote Originally Posted by Kewbamboo View Post
    Cool bookcases!
    Yeah, those bookshelves make me drool almost as much as the books on them. Now THAT is quality!
    Marvel cosmic needs Jim Starlin back. As long as he is prohibited from using the word 'myriad' ever again.

"Hold my Annihilus." - Johnny Storm, Captain of the Annihilation Wave Armada

So with the news that Dark Horse will lose the Star Wars license this time next year in 2013 and the property reverting back to Marvel anyone think a Star Wars Omnibus might be in the cards a few years down the road?
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I'm looking into getting all the old x-men stuff, like issue 01 through the end of Claremont's run. I know it's going to take time until they get finished releasing that, but I'm willing to be patient for the rest to come out. The thing I am not willing to do is pay the more than $100 some of those books are going for in hard cover and that's for the masterworks, some of the omnibus' (omnibi?) are $300+. I want them in HC either omnibus or masterworks would be fine, but why are they going for that much? The original comics aren't even worth that. It just seems like a middle finger to us college age people who don't have that kind of cash to throw around... My OCD is not happy.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Kewbamboo View Post
    Cool bookcases!
    Quote Originally Posted by regomar View Post
    Yeah, those bookshelves make me drool almost as much as the books on them. Now THAT is quality!
    Thanks guys. The bookshelves are from my office Hooker (don't laugh) furniture. It's kind of file cabinet at the bottom and bookshelves on top.

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    I'm looking into getting all the old x-men stuff, like issue 01 through the end of Claremont's run. I know it's going to take time until they get finished releasing that, but I'm willing to be patient for the rest to come out. The thing I am not willing to do is pay the more than $100 some of those books are going for in hard cover and that's for the masterworks, some of the omnibus' (omnibi?) are $300+. I want them in HC either omnibus or masterworks would be fine, but why are they going for that much? The original comics aren't even worth that. It just seems like a middle finger to us college age people who don't have that kind of cash to throw around... My OCD is not happy.

Buy in whatever formats cheapest, ie Masterworks v1-3 then Xmen Omnibus v2 then masterworks books that follow that till the latest printed. Then it's Uncanny which would be cheaper in masterworks than the Omnibus route.

They get that expensive because they are OOP, high demand and low supply equals high market prices ceteris parabus.

If you're really that poor try the masterworks trades or even the essentials books. Would be a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Buy in whatever formats cheapest, ie Masterworks v1-3 then Xmen Omnibus v2 then masterworks books that follow that till the latest printed. Then it's Uncanny which would be cheaper in masterworks than the Omnibus route.

They get that expensive because they are OOP, high demand and low supply equals high market prices ceteris parabus.

If you're really that poor try the masterworks trades or even the essentials books. Would be a lot cheaper.
    I think I read that even some of the UXM MMW paperbacks are OOP at Diamond! I'm glad I bought all my back-to-press hardcovers last February when you could still get every UXM volume for under cover price if you looked hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So with the news that Dark Horse will lose the Star Wars license this time next year in 2013 and the property reverting back to Marvel anyone think a Star Wars Omnibus might be in the cards a few years down the road?
    I'm sure Marvel won't miss the opportunity to masterwork these at $70 for a ten-issue hardcover. Dark Horse sold these for cheap--prepared to be squeezed!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I'm sure Marvel won't miss the opportunity to masterwork these at $70 for a ten-issue hardcover. Dark Horse sold these for cheap--prepared to be squeezed!
    That is if the Masterwork line is still around by then.

A long time ago in a comic shop far far away.......

It is a period of civil war. Slow sales and rising production costs
    have struck a death blow to the Masterworks line. However the Marvel
    Omnibus line strikes from a hidden base, and wins a major
    victory showing strong sales for the evil Galactic Di$ney.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal
    secret plans to the 2015 release schedule, the
    Death Star, an armored space station with enough
    power to destroy the whole Omnibus line with absolutely
    no good releases.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess
    Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of
    the stolen plans that can save the omnibus line and
    restore good titles like Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 Omnibus to the galaxy...
    Last edited by Omnibus; 12-21-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    You are setting out on the exact same mission I did in 2010. It can be done! You can check out the guide in my signature to know where to find all of those issues. However, aside from the tactical "where to find what" aspect, allow me to dispense some advise on the "get 'em all" nature of our shared mission:

Set an average cost per issue, and strictly maintain your purchases at that level in aggregate. Then, decide if you are going to try for Hardcovers when you can, if you want ALL TPBs, or a mix. Finally, determine how "used" you're willing to go on these books. I didn't mind remainder marks or shelfwear, and if something was really obscure I'd even take a bend - but no tears or library books.

As a result, my $/ish was $1.85 to collect the entire backlog of everything X-Men ever released through 2011 - hundreds of books and thousands of issues, and I did it in about 12 months.

I know that was two years ago, and things are out of print now that weren't at that time, but you can still fight for the lowest price on each book to keep your expenses down. Get things as cheaply as possible when you can - Amazon, eBay, Half, and even Craigslist are you friends. Use CamelCamelCamel on Amazon, get acquainted with setting up custom eBay searches with AND/OR operators, and add the eBay app to your phone so you can get live alerts.

For every book you snag at close to $1 an issue, that gives you a little more room to pay more for a slightly more obscure volume that has fallen out of print. You're only talking about 283 issues plus crossovers, annuals, and specials - even if you set an exorbitant (and eminently achievable) $4/issue goal, you'll spend just over $1,000 if you can stick with it.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-21-2012 at 07:05 AM.

So while I am not getting the New Warriors omni and am still debating the x force omni, this 90s stuff has got my hopes up for a generation x omni which is one of my dream omnis that I never thought would happen. Would anyone else be all over this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    So while I am not getting the New Warriors omni and am still debating the x force omni, this 90s stuff has got my hopes up for a generation x omni which is one of my dream omnis that I never thought would happen. Would anyone else be all over this?
    I would be up for Generation X but mainly the Phalanx Convenant material with the Generation Next and Life Signs crossovers in one oversized hardcover. As for the main ongoing only the Terry Dodson run interests me to have in a collected format (issues #38-60).